Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I knew the consequences. But... I cannot apologize. I will not. If I should apologize or feel regret, then everything would have been for naught. I will never defeat the scum if I do.

In

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I knew the consequences. But... I cannot apologize. I will not. If I should apologize or feel regret, then everything would have been for naught. I will never defeat the scum if I do.

Lol I finally got a role that accurately reflects my mafia abilities

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Ah, Scum.. or some would say.. Scusm?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

##vote Hambeet

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

##vote gaspy

Rude

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

imperial fists are the worst marines.

ultramarines are the second worst.

Whaaaaat imperial fists are great! If nothing else yellow painted well REALLY pops!

Is this you softclaiming Perturabo??

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

interesting bif is in this game but gaspy votes me first.

Why would I vote Bif

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

why wouldn't you?

I just have a feeling youíre going to betray me.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Rarity posted:

I move my space marine to D6

You sunk my battleship!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Rogal DORK

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

1) My name is Gaspy
2) I am a genius
3) I have been playing mafia since time immemorial
4) My meta is in-depth unfathomable meta-analysis no matter what it costs me, drama
5) My favourite 90s kids cartoon is Skeleton Warriors
6) My role alignment in this game is Gaspy

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Itís DGK

##vote DGK

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Thatís a good-rear end vote btw, people would be wise to join in on it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

wow,

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

TURPS

i'm getting on it soon. again. because why not.

super disappointed gaspy can't even be bothered to post.

shook scum i recks

Iím posting plenty. And my vote is solid gold.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Meta arguments are actually extremely good.

Only cowards limit this battle of wills to a single location and chronology.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Do you want to win?

Do you want to destroy all scum?

What will you sacrifice to achieve your goals?

If these questions make you flinch or withdraw, you can never play mafia.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

Gaspy pushing out that post count

Who needs posts day one? Serious question, do you honestly see benefit to posting heaps when you have nothing to say?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

it'd be rude to keep these thoughts contained

I prefer to watch. Especially at this point.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Rarity posted:

Content helps town. Even if we mislynch today there's still reads based on content today that will help us down the line. Refusing to engage is anti-town behaviour.

Why mislynch? I found a scum so day 1 can be a success all around.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Rarity posted:

Don't really think your vote will go anywhere with this attitude, champ

Not the point.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Amnistar posted:

God this is a bad attitude toward playing mafia in the forums.

Why donít you try making a case against me, if you have a shred of courage.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Amnistar posted:

Why? I'm calling you out for having a bad attitude, not for being scum.

Thought so.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

*calls out loudly across the room*

"hey bif! what's that thing called where people are reluctant to engage with the thread? you know... the thing... whaddaya call that again?"

Iím engaging

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Rarity posted:

Bullshit vote right here

No actually itís pretty good.

Iíd comfortably vote Rarity and Epsilon.

Not feeling Gridlocked, they always post like this.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Epsilon Plus posted:

There's a total of one vote between Rarity and I and two hours to deadline, the chances of getting enough momentum for either of your two choices are basically nil. c'mon

Thatís a very weird way to look at it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

There was such a production yesterday Iím hoping someone watched or tracked me to prove it. That along with Hum saying heíd been role blocked would have proved it out. Iíd draw a night kill N2 probably but I didnít know multiple people would die each night, and I figured if yíall wanted me dead anyway it wouldnít be a waste. Now Iím just pissed. I got a power that doesnít even freaking work.

Watching or tracking would just show you visiting them.

All things considered Iím marking it as statistically more likely that you just NKíd them.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

It even said successful in bold letters, which is even more confusing cause he still died.

You Bifauxnen wasnít this my exact play last game?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

I thought heíd be alive to cooborate. Hell I was basically doomed to get lunched anyway, I wanted to be useful.

How would he corroborate.

Why would you assume he would notice.

That only makes sense if in jailing him you thought both

- that he was town
- that he had a power role

IN WHICH CASE

WHY would you jail him?

##vote sandnavyguy

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

I assume heíd get flavor along the lines of being jailed. I got that in the Ecco game, and in babyís first we heard lullabied when put to sleep which was basically being jailed.

That is 100 percent not how that normally works.

sandnavyguy posted:

And as far as him being a PR, I figured it’d be worth it to keep him alive AND prove I’m town.

You were more interested in trying to prove yourself as town than let a potential investigative role do their job?

Nah.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

It is true thatís how it worked in that game tbf

I move to have Ecco game struck from the record.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

I canít help it gaspy but thatís 100% how itís worked in every game Iíve been town in and got PRd by someone.

That still doesnít explain you putting your role of janitor as higher priority than literally any other town role.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Nk out of 17 players. It's pretty convenient. That you tried to protect a power role and scum tried to kill the same player. You and scum thinking the same thing.

Yeah this is a big one.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

Would you say the same thing to a doctor who prevents a kill N1?

Not really interested in spurious hypotheticals at this point.

Also if you wanted to be cleared through flavour text why not pick one of the handful of tubes who claimed VT?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Hm I guess it isn't actually out of the question for SNG to pull some crazy claim gambit. He did manage to win people over for a surprisingly long time after he D1 dayvidged me just by playing up what a poor confused and scared newbie he was!

##vote SNG

You being chill and agreeing with me is making all the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, if thatís what youíre going for well done.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Looking at the bminus interactions my conclusion is (and forgive me for this not being groundbreaking stuff) that one of Rarity or Hal is scum. Iím at work so canít go over it with a fine tooth comb but Iíll give it a real go over on my lunch break.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also I only just noticed on a reread that rarity called me a low content shitposter but Iíll do my best to not factor that into my analysis

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

my first instinct would to be more suss on bif, thinking she was trying to bus b-minus, but something doesn't feel quite right about that. she went in way harder with her bussing when i was last scum with her. yesterday she didn't seem to care as much? idk.

That was her matching us though.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

hmm possibly.

but she was going in hard as scum traitor when she didn't know who we were.

Yes she did. Take your Alzheimerís meds grandad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

uh i thought we knew her, but she didn't know us. was it the other way around?

I had to investigate her to find out, she knew from the beginning, get it together.

Rarity points out that BMinus pushing hard on gridlocked was super scummy and grid is probably town.

You know who was pushing much, MUCH harder on Gridlocked?

Rarity.

Makes you think.