Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Yay, hambeet.

This looks great. Iím in another game currently but I think an 18-player game is going to take a while to fill up, so Iím in too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

DGK2000 posted:

I love you and won't give you poo poo this game.

Right back at you!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Hey, friends. I am posting in a Mafia game.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Clean as a whistle.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

tpink posted:

Clean as a whistle.

Mafia edit: also extremely handsome.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

DGK2000 posted:

##vote EP i rng'd my vote and it was you

Oh drat, I think I just found my new D1 voting strategy!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

sandnavyguy posted:

Good morning gó

Jesus thereís 160 posts in here already? Yíall been busy

My exact reaction.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Amnistar posted:

This, however, feels scummy to me.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

SNG is a straight-up baller who D1 dayvidged me right in the face once, it was hilarious

That was a good one.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Scientastic posted:

Donít be such a pissbaby

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

canít believe youíre not voting Bif for scum slopping

Whatís scum slopping. Is there like a trough involved.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Epsilon Plus posted:

who the hell actually believes "third vote scum" nowadays, and more over, wouldn't that number really depend on the number of players in the game?

Numbers donít lie.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

Here,read it this time

It's not just about that. It's that binus bothered to point out an individual post of mine and call it really scummy, instead of settling for his usual "lol", "scum are shook", "lots of scum bussing on this page" vague floating undirected statements which are his trademark. Yet despite having such a strong scum vibe from that specific post of mine, he didn't vote me. Why was he to chicken to vote me? That's a classic scummy behavior regardless of which vote number it is. That was the start of my criticism. "Maybe cause he was avoiding the third vote" is an afterthought.

I'm also pretty suspicious of both you and E+ trying so hard to downplay such a small initial jab at binus.

Counterpoint: you are one of the few players who will tunnel someone very hard on D1, so particularly in a game this size, scum have much better low-hanging fruit they can go after on D1.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

did imgay ever make yiff mafia?

Modkill this filth.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Amnistar posted:

In ythe hambeet v Bif debate, bif looks good, hambeet looks bad.

Agree to disagree.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

Are you trying to suggest scum wouldn't bother trying to tangle with me? That sure never applies to beet.

No. Iím saying that in a game with 18 players, if I am scum, thereís like 5+ targets I would go after on day 1 rather than try to engage with the one poster who thrives on D1 analysis and will try to take apart everything I say (like what youíre doing with beet now). I donít know what your past history with him is. Iím just telling you what I would or would not do in that hypothetical situation.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Amnistar posted:

Also, in case it's unclear, because I know people are gonna make comments about being unclear in opinions:

I think Sci is scum and I caught them in a deliberate scumslip, so I'm not moving my vote until it is clear they are not an option.
I think Hambeet is scum, would vote for them.

I think Rarity might be scum, but it's a weak read right now.

I think Bif is town.

That is my reads right now.

On Sci, I think that vig thing would have been an incredibly dumb scum slip so I dunno. Seems somewhat unlikely.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Amnistar posted:

So..you *are* saying that scum wouldn't want to tangle with Bif day 1, because there are easier targets.

Maybe I misunderstood Bifís post - basically yes, which is part of why I tend to think beet isnít scum.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I mean itís literally the equivalent of posting ďI have a night kill.Ē I donít disagree that thatís a possible way of reading his post. I just refuse to believe that any scum would be dumb enough to post that. Again, maybe thereís some weird meta read going on where you are convinced that he just couldnít help leaving that crumb to gloat later, but without knowing that meta, it seems far-fetched.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

hambeet posted:

man this is a really good day 1

Definitely more engaging than usual.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Amnistar posted:

Yeah, but SNG's post is like...superbad. and honestly if sng flips scum I'm gonna eat crow and accept your town.

The whole swing from "Sci scumslipped and I'm not backing off it!!" to this is odd.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Like...let's all try and follow this thought process here:

Amnistar posted:

Also, in case it's unclear, because I know people are gonna make comments about being unclear in opinions:

I think Sci is scum and I caught them in a deliberate scumslip, so I'm not moving my vote until it is clear they are not an option.
I think Hambeet is scum, would vote for them.

I think Rarity might be scum, but it's a weak read right now.

I think Bif is town.

That is my reads right now.

Amnistar posted:

I'll freely admit it's not a read I expect anyone else to buy into. I'm not expecting to convince people Sci is scum based on that. I am refusing to let Sci get away with what I see as a gloat post.

Rarity posted:

Because once you explained it I realised you were being really dumb and I thought I might be able talk you out of it

Amnistar posted:

At this point I don't think you can because then sci gets to be doubly smug after the game if i am right.

Amnistar posted:

Me too. It's super easy for scum to say "town on town slapfight".

##vote SandNavyGuy

???

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

And as I already said, I don't think that original post was a scumslip anyway, but Amni was all in on it nonetheless - despite many people saying "hey this is silly" - and then he moves the vote after that big production anyway. What was the point of all that?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Rarity posted:

Yeah I'm not seeing the case on sandy. I made this exact post as town in my early games when people were casing me aggressively and I felt like every single thing I did was being taken the wrong way.

I think people may be getting unduly swayed by the fact that SNG was just scum in a very recent game and they think his posting here is similar.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Gridlocked posted:

I see DGK posted above me.

Sorry if you're town bud but rest assured I will go after your murders, minus myself for as long as possible, to avenge your death when you inevitably flip town.

lol

## vote Gridlocked

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

sandnavyguy posted:

Iím going to I didnít wanna interrupt if toal was gonna put something out there, but since weíre just arguing probability theory, the scum team has a kill that can. Pass jail. Cause I jailed Hum

I donít buy this at all.

##vote SNG

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

sandnavyguy posted:

Iím sorry if itís not a foolproof plan, but itís what I had when I voted to protect Hum right after we lost DGK

Iím still catching up but none of SNGís subsequent posts are making me rethink my vote on him.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Asphyxious posted:

Also Rarityís done the whole ďwhat do you think about (player), (other player)?Ē Which is always a bit of a flag.

You know who did this also very very obviously? SNG.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Rarity posted:

But there's a difference between these two sentences.

The first sentence is definitive and certain: SNG did kill hum so a watcher would only see him visiting.

The second sentence is more open and theoretical: SNG probably killed hum. Therefore a watcher would likely only see him visiting.

These sentences don't mesh together. There's no way that someone could have made this post with one consistent mindset.

This is a doozy and a real stretch.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Hal Incandenza posted:

I agree that SNG (partly through sheer volume) has started to seem a bit better, but there is a long history of scummy behavior and I agree with Toalpaz's thought that it's a lot to ask to believe that SNG happened to jail the NK choice and the scum happened to have a juggernaut or whatever that bypassed the alleged jail. Can't discount the possibility of redirects, etc... but on the whole it all seems very fishy.

Also never a fan of someone needing a day to come up with cases when pressed to stop just defending themselves despite having the time to continually respond to every person casing them.

Itís (1) an incredibly unlikely sequence of events (I donít have a maths degree but even I know the odds for this actually happening are very very slim) and (2) coupled with it coming from SNG, the person who deservedly almost got lynched and has every motivation to make all this up = scum.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I mean seriously, everyone just pause for a second and consider the odds of SNG jailing the very person that scum targeted, of there being a juggernaut in the game (I honesty canít even recall the last time I saw it in one of these games - itís not a common PR at all), AND of scum using juggernaut to target the person that SNG happened to jail. It boggles the mind.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah I agree I don't think there is any way that went down (why would scum not just kill SNG anyway) and if SNG is actually telling the truth it was way more likely to be a redirect happening. But mostly it seems like a lie. Kind of a strange gambit for scum but I suppose SNG had to say they jailed someone and by picking the NK you at least avoid half the equation that could counter-claim your action.

I think the redirect story is equally implausible because then you still have to have (1) SNG jailing Hum, the person the scum happens to target, and (2) the redirect happening to pick SNG for their action (and I have no clue why theyíd pick him last night). I donít like those odds at all either, and the much more likely answer is that SNG is lying, yeah.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I guess to be clear and to spell out my thinking more, the SNG possibilities as I see them are:

(1) SNG is telling the truth and thereís a juggernaut in the game that happened to target the same player that SNG happened to protect;

(2) SNG is telling the truth and thereís a redirect PR in the game that happened to target SNG, and scum happened to target the player that SNG was protecting; or

(3) SNG is lying.

Ockhamís razor says itís door 3.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Hal Incandenza posted:

The only reasoning to me at this point not to vote out SNG is that they are basically boxed in now and there is only so long you can go before getting trapped in a lie with that claim so if we have another decent candidate we can circle back to SNG next time they have an implausible result. But I would have to see some realllllly townie posts to get to that point. Also of course scum jailer is a perfectly feasible role to exist.

Oh duh and that last bit didnít even occur to me, of course. So even if SNG is telling the truth about the night actions, which I still find super implausible, that still doesnít clear him of being scum.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

sandnavyguy posted:

Is this a stretch?

Yes, except to your whole post.

Your whole post is basically (1) I called out Amni but didnít vote him, (2) I defended you early on, which is...suspicious to you? and (3) I agreed with other people that the scenario youíve come up with is wildly implausible. Your only real response is that sometimes wildly implausible events happen. True, but Iíll take those odds.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

sandnavyguy posted:

It is suspicious, since 1) youíre so sure I deserved it, but you defended me to the last second, and 2) your defense was the most backhanded Iíve seen in a long time. ďWell guys I know heís acting scummy, and was just scum, and everyone thinks heís scum... but cmonnnnĒ if thatís a defense then no thank you let me drown.

What in the world are you talking about? Did I defend you to the last second, or was it really a backhanded attack? Which is it?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

sandnavyguy posted:

I already said it was both. Enough of a defense that when I flip town you could say ďoh nooooo I told you so!Ē And enough of an attack to push people on the fence to vote me anyway and make the former scenario happen.

Let me be very clear now that after you claimed (after that post), I stopped thinking that you may be town and decided that you are scum. Thereís no hidden gambit to that post.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

sandnavyguy posted:

Well Iím glad youíre being clear now that youíve been caught and called out, but it certainly wasnít conveyed in your posting.

This idea that I was ďcaughtĒ presupposes there was some gambit, which you are just completely making up. My views on you changed after you claimed. Itís that simple.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

sandnavyguy posted:

Thatís a very very risky strat though and Iím a very cautious player. Hell I didnít even feel comfortable laying down a vote til near the end of D1. I did t vote for you toal cause I feel you may be a misguided town, but seriously, Iím not that much of a risk taker.

This is BS. The last game I played with you when you were scum, you vigged Bif who in that game was one of the towniest players. It was a big risk and you did it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bif, I know you voted SNG. But aside from that, you really didnít engage with him and the case on him. I find that very strange and inconsistent with how youíre approaching other players. Why the different approach?