Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

It is a time of legend.

The galaxy is in flames. The Emperor's glorious vision for humanity is in ruins. His favoured son, Horus, has turned from his father's light and embraced Chaos.

His armies, the mighty and redoubtable Space Marines, are locked in a brutal civil war. Once, these ultimate warriors fought side by side as brothers, protecting the galaxy and bringing mankind back into the Emperor's light. Now they are divided.

Some remain loyal to the Emperor, whilst others have sided with the Warmaster. Pre-eminent amongst them, the leaders of their thousands-strong Legions are the primarchs. Magnificent, superhuman beings, they are the crowning achievement of the Emperor's genetic science. Thrust into battle against one another, victory is uncertain for either side.

Worlds are burning. At Isstvan V, Horus dealt a vicious blow and three loyal Legions were all but destroyed. War has begun, a conflict that will engulf mankind in fire. Treachery and betrayal have usurped honour and nobility. Assassins lurk in every shadow. Armies are gathering. All must choose a side or die.

Horus musters his armada, Terra itself the object of his wrath. Seated upon the Golden Throne, the Emperor waits for his wayward son to return. But the true enemy is Chaos, a primordial force that seeks to enslave mankind to its capricious whims.

The screams of the innocent, the pleas of the righteous resound to the cruel laughter of Dark Gods. Suffering and damnation await should the Emperor fail and the war be lost.

The age of knowledge and enlightenment has ended.
The Age of Darkness has begun.

----------------------------

Hello and welcome to The Horus Heresy mafia because i'm a huge nerd. this is a game for 18 people which will not be role madness.

Discord is here: https://discord.gg/UrZcmkh

General Mafia Rules/notes (That have been stolen from Amnistar who stole them from Natural 20 who stole them from Somberero)

1. Don't be poo poo to each other. This is a game, part of the game is having people react, but if you think you’re reacting badly, walk away, calm down, come back later.
2. If you post fewer than ten times across a game day that comes within 12 hours of finishing, you will be mod-killed at the end of the day. If multiple people do not post often enough, all of them will be modkill.
3. Don't edit your posts.
4. Don't talk after you're dead. I'll put you in a post life discord channel if you want to chat poo poo.
5. Feel free to post after the hammer/during twilight about non-game stuff.
6. No replacements after D2.
7. Don't directly quote any communication from me, including your role pm. If you have OOT communication with another player, the rule still applies.
8. Don't fake day actions.
9. Days will be 24-48 hours

players are as follows:

1. Amnistar (He/Him)
  2. Asphyxious
  3. b-minus1
  4. Bifauxnen (she/her but I don't care if you gently caress it up )
  5. DGK2000 (DGK/Lord/He)
  6. Epsilon Plus (he/his)
  7. Gridlocked
  8. Hal Incandenza (he/him/hal)
  9. hambeet (he/him)
  10. Mr. Humalong (w/e)
  11. Rarity (she/her)
  12. sandnavyguy (He/him)
  13. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  14. Scientastic (he/him)
  15. SHALASHASKA HAWKE
  16. t a s t e
  17. Toalpaz (THEY THEM)
  18. tpink

TammyHEH fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

https://youtu.be/_J6-3l3hCm0

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Rarity posted:

I see we do preferred pronouns in the OP now which is super cool! Mine are she/her :)

you can set your own in vote finder and i will also set them in the OP for you

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Podima posted:

Not a signup, but I fixed your thread tag!

My games are shitpoasts tho

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

make me mangulous calgar ultra lorde of the ultra marines or a slanesh

Why not bothe

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

4 more and we can game

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

While we're waiting people should also join the DisCoRd

Epsilon Plus posted:

I will play.

wooo

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Inshallah

Edit: we have 18 and can now start!!!!!

Join discordo

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

We're still waiting on a couple people to join discord but i think we're fine to start so:

Istvaan V was where the Warmasters rebellion turned into a civil war. Following the events of the third planet of the Istvaan system and the drop pod massacre Rogal Dorn, the Praetorian of Terra, ordered seven Loyalist Legions of Space Marines deployed under the Emperor's authority to the Istvaan System to bring Horus to account for his actions. The Iron Hands, Salamanders and Raven Guard made up the first wave of the attack, and were making significant progress against Horus' Legions.

Then the Loyalist reserves were called in to finish the job, but the four supposedly loyal Space Marine Legions comprising those reserves -- the Iron Warriors, the Alpha Legion, the Word Bearers and the Night Lords -- had also secretly betrayed the Emperor and were prepared to swear themselves to the service of the Warmaster .

The three Loyalist Legions were almost annihilated in the resulting crossfire from the eight revealed Traitor Legions.

Ferrus Manus was decapitated by Fulgrim during the Istvaan V betrayal (also night 0) it is now day 1

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Scientastic posted:

There is one objectively correct course of action today

##Vote Taste

Join the discord you goober

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

DGK2000 posted:

I see my vote on two people now, a minute ago I was the only vote. Either heresy is about, or VF is wonky.

Ah gently caress

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Ok fixed it ignore

I forgot to start game on vote finder- started game and manually added votes ( this was apparently a bad idea)

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

There's a couple votes from start of day which might need to be remade (double voting should be fixed tho)

Edit: I might also extend day to help with diaguating American hours but we,'ll see how we go

TammyHEH fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 18, 2020

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

hambeet posted:

i don't think toalpaz is scum because they didn't immediately out the whole scum team this time.

^_~

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

holy poo poo tommu is mod??

Fricked up

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I recognise the vote ending time is something funk-y do we want to extend the day to a standard mafia ending point or not?

Edit: maybe add roughly 20 hours or something (let me know ASAP because im only awake because my large fur son need toilet)

TammyHEH fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Aug 19, 2020

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Ok i think ive set it to a more reasonable time except or rarity and sci (im sorry)

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

das hammer.

twilight driving while i prepare the poast

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

In evil cunning, fully in the grip of the power of all four major Chaos Gods, the Warmaster offered Sanguinius one final chance to renounce the Emperor, to join with Horus in the inevitable victory of the Traitors and Chaos -- yet the Primarch of the Blood Angels held true, and refused. Rejected, Horus flew into a rage and attacked. Although bearing the wounds of his earlier actions and knowing it would almost certainly spell his doom, Sanguinius immediately attacked the corrupted Warmaster. Even at the peak of his powers, Sanguinius could not have hoped to prevail against the embodiment of Chaotic power Horus had become, and the Primarch was weary and wounded from his travails on Terra during the battle against Ka'Bandha.

Horus, in his limitless malice, made sure that Sanguinius' death was the most painful and foul that the boundless evils in his service could administer. The Warmaster's psychic assault echoed not just throughout space, but also throughout time, resonating in the souls of Sanguinius' children.

DGK2000, Town vanilla has been slain.

"" posted:

You are: Sanguinius

Sanguinius or The Angel was the Primarch of the Blood Angels Space Marine Chapter. One of the most beloved figures in the Imperium, Sanguinius was among both the most noble and mightiest Primarchs. His charisma, humility, and loyalty to the Emperor to the point of self-sacrifice earned him a great deal of reverence.

You are a Vanilla Town.

You have no active abilities.

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

It is now night 1.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I'm way too hung over to copy lore from a wiki please forgive me.

Humalong - Town Mason has been virus bombed night 1.

Tommunist posted:

You are: Jenetia Krole (sometimes spelled Jenetta Krole), also known as the Soulless Queen of the Imperium, was the Knight-Commander of the Silent Sisterhood and Chief Investigatus-Militant of the Divisio Astra Telepathica during the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy. She led the Silent Sisterhood during the Battle of Prospero and the War Within the Webway. The Sisters of Silence, also known as the Anathema Pskyana or Silent Sisterhood, are an ancient, anti-psychic militant order. They are the militant arm of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica and are internally referred to as the organization's Departmento Investigates. However their affiliation with this body is largely symbolic, and in truth they are an autonomous military force answering directly to the Emperor and the Lord Commander of the Imperium. Together with the Adeptus Custodes they represented the Talons of the Emperor being the left hand of the Emperor. Its ranks consist entirely of Blanks.

You are a Town Mason.

You are in a masonry with Epsilon +

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

B-minus - Scum goon was stomped under the foot of a warlord titan until he was some type of artisan jam.

Tommunist posted:

You are Kelbor-hel

Kelbor-Hal was the Fabricator-General of the Mechanicum during the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy. He joined forces with Horus and assisted the renegades with all of the technology available to mankind, forming the Dark Mechanicum.

You are scum. You win if scum hold the balance of power.

It is now day 2.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

woops ignore that vote count

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (15): Amnistar, Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Epsilon Plus, Gridlocked, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Rarity, sandnavyguy, Sandwolf, Scientastic, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, t a s t e, Toalpaz, tpink

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 24th, 2020 at 10 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

He successfully bullied a corgie at the beach and now his dumb dingo brain has decided its time to nap

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I see the dead are rising and posting vote counts

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

!!!!!

I'll post a proper flip when I can get to a computer but: sandnavyguy is scum goon.

Please no posting

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Amnistar posted:

not if Hawke's vote is supposed to resolve to me and not SnG.

Oh gently caress

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

At the Trisolian, horus was confronted by Leman Russ and his Space Wolves, who had tracked the Vengeful Spirit thanks to runes planted by the Knights-Errant during the Battle of Molech. Russ and a large force of Space Wolves were able to board the Venegeful Spirit, and the two Primarch's came face to face. Russ was disgusted by what had become of his brother. Nonetheless Horus pleaded with Russ to join him and help in his quest to overthrow the Emperor and expose his lies. Surprising none, Russ rejected Horus and the two engaged in a titanic battle. Despite Horus' sorcerous powers, Russ was protected thanks to the Spear of Russ he wielded. It thus came down to a battle of sheer power, one Horus was dominating despite Russ' speed. Horus caught Russ upon his Talon, but Russ broke free of his armor and impaled flesh to plunge the Spear of Russ into the Warmaster's side

Sandnavyguy (Horus) scum goon has been stabbed by an angry furry.

"" posted:

Horus Lupercal - one of the twenty Primarchs created by the Emperor in the earliest days of the Imperium, just after the end of the Age of Strife. Like the other Primarchs, Horus was sucked from Terra by the Gods of Chaos and was placed on a far-away world in an attempt to prevent the coming of the Age of the Imperium. Horus was the first Primarch to be rediscovered, fighting alongside his father in the Great Crusade. Becoming the favored son of the Emperor and beloved by most of his brother Primarchs, Horus eventually rose to become Warmaster of the Great Crusade and was seen as second only to the Emperor himself in power and prestige.But in spite of all of this, he was eventually corrupted by the powers of Chaos and initiated the Horus Heresy against the very Imperium he helped create.

You are scum. You win if scum hold the balance of power.

you have the following fake flavour claim:

Shadrak Meduson, born Shadrak Smyth and also known as Shadrak 'Bloody' Meduson, was Captain of the Iron Hands Legion's Tenth Clan Company, Sorrgol Clan, during at least the latter part of the Great Crusade and the early stages of the Horus Heresy. After the Drop Site Massacre, Meduson achieved further prominence as a Warleader of his legion (and forces from other legions who allied under his command), his many deeds including an almost-successful assassination attempt upon no less than three of the traitor Primarchs at once. He was ultimately captured and slain by Sons of Horus Captain Tybalt Marr.

it is now night 2.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

At Saturnine wall Sigmund fell as the hordes of the Warmaster broke against the battlements.

T a s t e has been overwhelmed by the ruinous powers night two.

"" posted:

Hello! You are: Sigismund

- the Marshal of the Templars, the First Captain of the Imperial Fists Legion during the Great Crusade, and right-hand man to Primarch Rogal Dorn. During the Horus Heresy, Dorn appointed Sigismund the first Emperor's Champion, to defend the Imperial Palace during the Battle of Terra. After the Heresy, Sigismund became the founder and first High Marshal of the Black Templars Chapter.

You are a Vanilla Town.

in the Battle of Thessala against the Emperor's Children, Guilliman would be grievously wounded. Where Alpharius had not greatly embraced the Chaos powers, and was essentially unchanged from his original Primarch form, Fulgrim had been to the Eye of Terror, reaping the terrible powers therein, and had been elevated by Slaanesh to a mighty and fell Daemon Prince, no longer resembling a man, but his original purity of form corrupted and augmented by the ruinous powers. Fulgrim was now a serpentine creature of immense stature, and multi-limbed. Each limb carried a poisoned sword, and in the clash he stabbed Guilliman in the neck; Guilliman was interred in the Stasis field by the Apothecaries, and remains frozen in the instant of death, while Fulgrim escaped back to the Eye of Terror.

Scientastic has been owned by multi armed snake titty primarch night two

"" posted:

You are: Roboute Guilliman.

Roboute Guilliman, known as The Avenging Son following the Battle of Calth, was the Primarch of the Ultramarines. An accomplished warlord and diplomat who ruled his own empire before rediscovery by the Emperor, Guilliman was unique among his brother Primarchs in that he saw himself as not only a warrior but also a builder of civilizations. In addition to his leadership of the largest and most successful Space Marine Legion during the Great Crusade, Guilliman became renowned for his efforts to preserve the Imperium in the aftermath of the devastating Horus Heresy, becoming Lord Commander of the Imperium. Among his most noteworthy achievements is the authoring of the Codex Astartes and the creation of the modern Imperial military structure.

You are a Vanilla Town.

It is now day 3.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

woops this is the correct vote i'm dumb

Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (12): Amnistar, Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Epsilon Plus, Gridlocked, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Rarity, Sandwolf, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, Toalpaz, tpink

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 27th, 2020 at 10 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Konrad Curze was eventually killed, assassinated by the Callidus M'Shen. He fully knew when he would be slain down to the annointed hour, and in the time before his death he conversed with a corpse-statue that he addressed as the Emperor. Suprisingly the corpse spoke back, and the Emperor apparently assured Curze that his insanity was never his fault and he had acted as intended until Chaos interferred. Curze broke down when the Emperor questioned his belief that fate was predetermined, stating that he himself had chosen this path. He tore the corpse-puppet to pieces, and it's unclear if it was actually the Emperor speaking or a mere hallucination. Thereafter he completed his memoirs, known as The Dark, hiding the book away within his fortress. Later that night it is believed the Assassin M'Shen was allowed to infiltrate his palace on Tsagualsa, as she encountered no guards between herself and his throne room.

Bif AKA Konrad Curze, Scum Even-Night Watcher has been quite easily assassinated day 3.

"" posted:

Hello! you are Konrad Curze

Konrad Curze, also known as Night Haunter, was one of the twenty Primarchs created by the Emperor. Raised on the hellish world of Nostramo and plagued by prophetic visions of death, Curze became known as one of the most brutal and unstable Primarchs, a creature of terror and darkness that set him apart from many of his brothers. Ultimately he betrayed the Emperor and joined with Warmaster Horus in the Horus Heresy

You are a Scum Even-Night Watcher

You have the following active abilitiy: You may watch a target on an even night and find out who has visited them.

You win if scum hold the balance of power.

you have the following fake flavour:

Garviel Loken: Garviel Loken was the Captain of the 10th company of the Luna Wolves Space Marine Legion during the latter half of the Great Crusade. After distinguishing himself in battle, he was inducted into the Mournival,the advisory council to the Warmaster Horus, and from this position was a first-hand witness to the series of events that would result in Horus' damnation and the beginning of the Horus Heresy. Horus eventually saw fit to have Loken eliminated during the betrayal at Isstvan III, placing him at the front of the doomed invasion force alongside his friend and fellow marginalized Mournival member Torgaddon. When the virus bomb strike failed to kill all of the loyalist forces on the surface, the entirety of the traitor legions were eventually deployed to wipe out the survivors, who had fortified the Precentor's Palace under Loken's, Torgaddon's, and Saul Tarvitz's command. Given command of the loyalist Astartes of the XVI Legion, Loken declared that they were once again the Luna Wolves. Loken fought to the last as a loyal servant of the Emperor and refused to give any quarter to those who had betrayed the Emperor in favour of Horus.

it is now night 3

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

With a crash a giant starship breaks through orbit, wrecked by the results of a gigantic space battle that happens over low orbit. the remains hurtle towards one man. Tpink AKA Kyril Sindermann - Vanilla Town has been crushed by a huge gently caress off spaceship.

"" posted:

You are: Kyril Sindermann
Kyril Sindermann was the Primary Iterator of the 63rd Expeditionary Fleet during the latter days of the Great Crusade. He was a gifted speaker and master of rhetoric, and a staunch believer in the secular society and ideals that the Emperor had imposed on the Imperium. After the Heresy, he took on a new identity as one of the founders of the Inquisition

You are a Vanilla Town.

it is now day 4

TammyHEH fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 26, 2020

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

Umm Tommu is there a reason the flip comes as a quote from Rarity..?

You saw nothing

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Following the attempt of Magnus the Red to warn the Emperor of Horus' treachery, catastrophe struck Terra. Magnus' psychic warning breached the wards the Emperor had placed around the Imperial Palace, causing the Golden Throne, a device intended to allow Human travel within the Webway, to malfunction. As the Golden Throne broke down, the Webway Portal deep within the Imperial Palace became breached. Floods of Daemons rushed through this breach, and the Emperor dispatched the Custodes and Sisters of Silence to hold the line and prevent Terra from being overrun. As the Custodes and Silent Sisterhood fought back immense Daemonic hordes, the Emperor sat upon the Golden Throne in a desperate attempt to stabilize the Webway Portal. Even the Emperor's psychic might was tested in this endeavor, and He became visibly exerted.

epsilon plus (Constantin Valdor) -town mason has been mauled to death by a deamon infested titan.

"" posted:

You are: Constantin Valdor

Constantin Valdor the First of the Ten Thousand, was the Chief Custodian to the Emperor of Mankind as Captain-General of the Adeptus Custodes at the time of the Unification Wars, Great Crusade, and the Horus Heresy. The Adeptus Custodes, renowned as the Brotherhoood of Demigods, the Golden Legion and a host of other titles, but most commonly known as Custodians, were the guardians of the Imperial Palace and the Golden Throne, as well as being the personal bodyguard to the Emperor

You are a Town Mason.

You are in a masonry with Mr humalong

its now night 4

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

No one died. It is now day 5

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Hetly! Just to note flip was while I was asleep and I won't be able to get to computer for a couple hours because dog.

I'll flip properly l8r but birdstrike was vanilla town

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Birdstrike (Corvus Corax) vanilla town was mauled to death by his own canid day 5.

"" posted:

Corvus Corax

Corvus Corax was the Primarch of the Raven Guard Space Marine Legion. Growing up to become a revolutionary for the workers of Lycaeus, Corax became a master of guerrilla warfare and hit-and-run tactics. He remained true to the Emperor during the Horus Heresy, and as such his Legion took some of the heaviest losses of the war during the Drop Site Massacre.

You are a Vanilla Town.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

So i hosed up. I flipped a role that by its design shouldn't have been flipped at that point because i wasn't paying attention. This has given info that should not have been seen (and its been seen) and i can't put the cat back in the bag. I don't think its fair on anyone to mod kill the one person whos explicitly told me they've seen it so i'm ending the game here. I'm sorry for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

heres the design doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ErPfX-O9keEuNHSAMzHfiLchuffzvSFWaE6C1BC3Nnw/edit#gid=0

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Knight-Errant is the base design i cribbed off which is what humalong kinda worked out (and epsilon)