Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Is it weird that the 3 people who defended me for free, or at least based of the fact that apparently no scum could be posting as insanely (badly) as I have been are also not taking the easy sandnavyguy target?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I would also like to call out the DGK "Gun to my own head, now what suckers?!" stuff from after I went to bed.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I also really did think about what Bif called me out on about just blaming the meta day 1 and going for any lynch is a good lynch and my awkwardly meta driven anti-meta attitude.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I also believe sandnavyguy's claim.

Like I honestly am still suspect of DGK after the gun to the head trick.

Also Taste who is incredibly conspicuous in absence.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Well I am feeling more confident in my vote. That or I am a huge patsy for the scum team.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

hambeet posted:

wait, is toalpaz echoing a lot of humalongs votes?

Alpharius Omegon gimick? Omegon must copy Alpharius's decisions?

Using FLAVOUR to figure out plays.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Rarity posted:

Ok binus post summary:

Calls Bif scummy for no reason
Defends Toalpaz's VT claim
Defends beet but mostly to go after Bif more
Town read on Sci
Attacks Gridlocked after he had already built a little momentum
Votes HAWKE (do we call him birb?) for voting DGK

Based on this I like Toalpaz and Sci for scum and I think Grid is probably town cause the attack on him seems like an attempt to push away from Sci. (Sci did still have votes at that point, right? I could be wrong about that in which case I'm less sure on Sci)

Anyway for now ##vote Toalpaz

Hey hi Hello.

Unsure of why you're using "Attacks Gridlocked" as a reason to push Toalpaz when you were the first person to slamjam the on me. And prior to your vote there were many people, including now dead Humalong who all what'd at me.

Toalpaz I would like to as about what seemed like your gimmick on D1 shadowing Humalong. Ref here

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Toalpaz posted:

thank you aussies for posting, we will forever mourn australian humalong, im sorry for your loss.

He's in lockdown in Chaddy.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Pre edit: sorry I got caught up watching chineese soap opreas all day

I feel pretty good about SNG. They were in a perilous position and dodged out of it, and now it seems like they're trying to make the most of it. I want to believe their Jailer claim for now, I feel it's something that we can reasonably confirm with the right pieces in place.

I note that tpink hasn't chimed in yet on D2 (:ironicat: but grid you're barely saying poo poo yourself) And Birb has been strangely silent except to jump to my defence (seemingly form no where I will add) except for the joke vote on taste. I know you work in mysterious ways Birb so can I ask why you are so happy to defend me from no where, especially when almost everyone else is after me?

I think Ami is town because I really don't see scum posting:

Amnistar posted:

I don't usually go for "so bad it's town" but I almost feel that it is appropriate here.

on day 1 in utter disbelief. I'd think scum would prefer just to ignore it or jump on and try to get the free kill.

This Rarity vs Gaspy war needs to sort itself out too.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Oh and I'm not 100% able to articulate why but Hambeet feels like he's pinging me as Scum from being the shadowy man in the wings.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

grid posting yesterday seemed so earnest despite being bad mafia posting or not technically correct or whatever. although who is even to say what good or bad posting is these days

Earnest may not be the right word but it was honest posting

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

hambeet posted:

lol shadowy man in the wings what?

ALP Powerbroker m8

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So for all my railing against meta posts I will point out that SNG's play is reminding me a lot of my last AusPol Mafia game where I too dropped a town claim early (was also Jailer but just said it was a protective role) and spent the rest of the game telling people to trust me because my power is good and useful and it can be confirmed. I also constantly claimed I will get lynched by scumbus as easy target which didn't happen, and then I was erroneously stabbed at night a few days later.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
There seems to be a lot of applilications of Occams Razor going on from Sandwolf, tpink and Ami on to SNG. I can understand that reasoning, however I am inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to SNG for at least 1 more day.

My own position at the moment is I would prefer to vote someone else today but will vote for SNG in the future when more info comes to light given my recent re-read of how the situation could be playing out.

Ami has been solidly onto SNG since Day 1 and I think that they are a townie who is very confidant in their scumhunt. Sandwolf reads similar in this regard.

I dislike tpink's lurking stratagey. They seem to be taking quick shots at the easiest targets on each day thus far (me on Day 1 when it appeared they maybe a last minute pile-on and SNG who is being pushed on today.)

I am not sure what the Toalpaz VS Bif thing is. Bif has been tunneling hard on Toalpaz bassed on gut feels and "Toal is ignoring me" which is really weird. Toal themself has provided a reasonable point for their vote today and hasn't really done much I see as scummy behaviour.

Bif's tunneling makes me feel like she either KNOWS something but isn't sharing or is hoping to fly under the radar as ignorable. Bif can you articulate further on your anti-Toal stance?

I also feel like I should place some trust in E+ despite the masonry with now dead Humalong being unconfirmed.

Rarity and Gaspy have both been pinging me with their multi-page back and forth fight. I feels like an intentional distraction and play-fighting; and not really either having dirt on the other. Rarity was trying to be a big voice on D1 and it failed to have any uptake. Gaspy's been very ~mysterious~ and not much else.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Rarity posted:

So... are you saying SNG is town then? I don't like how you go through the meta but end the post before drawing a conclusion on his alignment.

I was more laughing at the irony and familiarity of the situation. That post and the one where I made some calls were the same but I was phone posting and split them up because I hot long posts on the phone.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Rarity posted:

Ah, gotcha. What do you think of Gaspy's analysis of my votes?

Hal pointing out that the Gaspy V Rarity War of 2020 was a bit more personal looking than two scumbuds pretend fighting has at least shifted me to thinking your fight isn't staged.

I'm not sure what analysis you're talking about though. Can you link to it? I may have missed it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Morning all. Copy paste dump inc

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hey hi hello. I wrote this up during N2 after I slept through the hammer, I assume at least one of the people below was killed in the night as per usual Mafia happenings. RIP dead person.

Rarity posted:

Would be real cool if beet, Hal, Grid and Eps could tell us who they want to vote today

It would have been real cool but I kinda slept in like the currently unemployed loser I am and snored right through the deadline. Sorry.

As stated in my previous post I was giving SNG the benefit of the doubt, as I thought that they were being earnest in their “I’m gonna die anyway so cards on the table,” play with their claim. I would like to say as the day drew to a close, I probably would have joined the bandwagon as a number of people had expressed concern about allowing the game to continue with SNG set up in that position. Obviously given that I missed the hammer and didn’t vote for anyone I do accept this statement is going to be taken as a piece of “look at me, I was on your side” hindsight at best. I think my other vote target would have been tpink for their minimal involvement (:ironicat:)

Given the flip on SNG I am 1) feeling really awkward about my suggesting that the benefit of toe doubt be given and 2) feeling a lot better about my faith that Ami and Sandwolf are town and were sticking to their guns the whole way through D2. Some scum defiantly piled in towards the end of SNG’s life as cover, though probably AFTER SNG did the whole list of reads post because I assume that was a last-ditch effort to get people thinking about other targets and maybe swap for the day.

I think Birb is being very suspect at the moment as well. He is taking short sharp shots in at people. Maybe he’s a genius who can see something like Ami playing the super long game as scum and offing sticking the SNG vote early and not shifting in an attempt to hope the vote goes elsewhere or provided themselves with a good alibi? Or maybe he’s just attempting to sow discord because targeting the two people who stuck the hardest to SNG is weird as gently caress to me. I would like to see Bird come out with something more substantial in their posts. :ocelot:

Sci also dragged their feet a lot towards the end of D2 (:ironicat: intensifies). They seem to be happy to shoot suspicion anywhere. First claiming SNG is scummy, then claiming Gaspy is scummy for not voting for SNG, then saying voting for SNG is bad. I would go as far to suggest they maybe scummy.

I think beet is town and is playing an analytical game quietly and effectively. He got onto SNG’s case quite well and provided a solid shutdown. Love you dad.

Taste has been in catjail for like 80% of the game. What they have posted has been lazy garbage. “You replied with a gif, are you scum?” “You passed my SECRET TEST sng.” I’d actually happily vote for taste D3 just to clean house a bit (:ironicat: the 3rd)

Rarity I read your post history for the game (don’t apologise). You’ve been active and engaged the entire game which has been great, and I will say I appreciate you kicking me for being a dour poo poo on D1. However I am starting to get a scummy ping on you. Your defence of SNG’s resigned posting sounds more like your attempting to get people to shift their vote based on sympathy, it was very supportive of his “woe is me” play. I don’t want to say you’re scummy yet because I enjoy your content but I think you went barking up the wrong tree a few times now.

Toal has been hounded by Bif for much of the game. They, similar to Beet in my mind, lined up SNG with some solid hits at the end. They were very against swapping to targeting Gaspy on D2 which in interesting as Bif, being Toal’s main opposition, was also concerned about her Town reads voting for Gaspy.

I have a feeling that Bif is town but their single target focus on Toal, has been odd. She did address this in a question I asked saying that Toal was ignoring the game on D1 and then only appeared to defend against the Bif focused fire, which has deepened her suspicion due to bad faith posts. I will be interested if a Bif or Toal thing happens from night actions that changes this relationship, but for now Bif feels townie with a focus on rooting out the one scum she is certain of.

I’m putting trust in Epsilon Plus as they were in a masonry with now dead Humalong. While it is noted that this is an unconfirmed masonry, I am hoping that that status was more to sow an air of distrust between partners and not a Scum/Town cute team up situation; though given the flavour of the game I wouldn’t put that entirely on the back burner. They did a soft defence on SNG, including suggesting that if SNG is scum it’s a very poor scum play; and only voted for SNG as the hammer which maybe misdirection to keep in with their cover as a “town mason.” The more I type this paragraph the more I am on the fence about E+ actually.

I think Hal is town, they have been quiet but their opinion posts but were accurate about SNG being scummy and voted reasonably well before the hammer, thus being a bit off using it as cover. Hal has covered for me from D1 and for the now in cat jail Taste which is an interesting angle to take, I question if Hal has something to gain for defending people like us who seem unable to defend themselves. I suppose in this case he could have pulled the same defence on SNG, so maybe it is accurate reads.

Finally Gaspy. I want Gaspy to be town. I am worried that the exchange with Rarity is one being onto the other as scum and I am worried it is Gaspy who is the scum and Rarity is attempting to off someone dangerous. Their mysterious and cryptic posting manner leaves much to be desires and honestly while entertaining can be confusing to me at times. I hope that something happens that gives me more faith in Gaspy.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Grid having a scum read on a dead player makes me feel better about Grid

As noted they are my reads from typing poo poo up in N2, not adjusted for death/dismemberment/execution for heresy.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Given the 2 consistent NK's are we thinking there is an SK about?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Also given the flips from last night being 2 of my scum reads I'm feeling a bit rough.

I agree with Toal that Birb has been sounding a bit white noisy

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Rarity posted:

I have absolutely seen scum players do this in the past. MMM and merk both pulled it off back in the day (MMM got away with it/merk didn't)

Are you crediting me with seasoned mafia player skills here?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
While we're on this talk of revisits: I'm on Gaspy as town and he is magically sleuthing out the scum.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Rarity posted:

Why do you say this when Gaspy had moved from SNG to Sandwolf by the end of D2 and didn't mention Bminus at all D1?

A valid call. So between you and him which one of you is the scum, because I swear you're attempting to keep each other in check.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

hambeet posted:

also clearing grid based on a post that cased a dead player, lol. that looks more suss to me than less. like, who would make a huge post during night phase and not take the time to check the flip before posting it. that's way more suspect imo

I do what I want dad.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Afternoon all.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
E+ can you share the info Humalong left you, like properly share it?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
You know if Bif gets hammered and flips town Toal you're next on the chopping block.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Ok ok I'm sorry. I am saying it because Bif's been on Toal's case the whole game and if she flips town her reads go up in value.

Clearly I kicked the hornets nest here so allow me to prevent more people from yelling at me today.

##vote Bif

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Maybe games imitate life and beet has been the SK the whole time.

Also afternoon all.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Asphyxious posted:

Also watched Sandwolf because they were trying to catch the SK perhaps.

Toalpaz posted:

Gaspy didn't visit anyone.

Uh these both can't be true statements right?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

hambeet posted:

also is this like you casing dead players again?

No it's me failing to understand how much exp I have to spend on a starting character.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Toalpaz posted:

also lol gridlock we should lunch you on principle

You should. I'll take a burrito please.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Epsilon Plus posted:

actually instead of a full claim I think we could maybe get away with everyone volunteering that they do or do not have a power role?

Sure.

I'm vanilla town.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hey peeps sorry for lurking. Was a busy as gently caress Thursday. Will be rereading the skimmed posts from yesterday.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Also morning all.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
That E+ piece of "L" shaped plot to figure out your roles in a game is so insanely OTT meta it's freaky.

Toal: I take it you don't want to disclose anymore about your mason claim and info about your mason bud? Can you say if you're in a confirmed masonry compared to E+ who we know is unconfirmed?

I think Gaspy is still on the level, as is Beet.

I feel like Ami or Rarity is the SK candidate.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Asphyxious posted:

You folks reading along might not get that last one but trust me, I’m loving hilarious.

Are you:

The Void Dragon
Or
Lion El'Johnson

Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

hambeet posted:

that is the worst breadcrumb ever gridlock

Shut up Alf Stewart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Gridlocked posted:

Toal: I take it you don't want to disclose anymore about your mason claim and info about your mason bud? Can you say if you're in a confirmed masonry compared to E+ who we know is unconfirmed?