Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Iíll play!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Good morning gó

Jesus thereís 160 posts in here already? Yíall been busy

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Ooooooo a survey! Well if yíall insist:

1.My name is SNG.
2. I am a sailor of the sands
3. This is my 6th mafia game? 7th?
4. My meta is over wordy and not great!
5. All of your choices are wrong, my fav 90s cartoon was digimon digital adventures
6. My role alignment is townie

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

The feeling is fine. Postingit is white noise that is setting up for excusing themselves from reading.

True, but I am reading it, I just uh, was honestly surprised at the high posts since when I conked out game hadnít really started yet

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

My kingdom for a vig, I have a good track record with those when I donít get shot in the face immediately *cough* gushers *cough*.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Thanks rarity!

I think we are in the transition out of jokephase, and Amni is being townie Amni and applying pressure to all and sundry to test the waters, which is a good idea. Keep scumhunting Amni, but Iím town.

As for me, Iím more of a passive town D1, Iím on the lookout for performance art and lurkers to inform my vote opinion.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Rarity posted:

Are you saying I should make all my cases through interpretive dance

Yes, with a focus on German operatics as well as 30s Art Deco. Otherwise I simply donít know how to read your casework.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I personally get a null read, because from anyone else thatís scummy, but the last three games I was in with them, they were town, and they posted the same way. Got executed for it every time. But Iím extra cautious because unlike with steak, who also has a similar D1 scum vibe, Iím less willing to give leeway because such short posts give like... no information, and is basically white noise posting.

But they certainly donít scream town.

Amni, was there actually a case on scientastic? Is it just the vig comment? Iím not seeing anything else.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Humalong posted:

Please do not compare Binus to Steak lol

Steak is actively anti-town at all times, Binus is noise until mid-game

Sorry, I donít have many other ďmostly scummy regardless of alignmentĒ posters to compare to!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

So far I have some town reads and null reads, no scum quite yet besides just some lurker concerns.

Amni feels town, as I said before the D1 pressure is a solid tactic in towns best interest,

Rarity, I havenít played with you so I donít know if youíre being energetic and organized town or trying to control the narrative scum, but you seem to be even keeled without an agenda so Iím leaning town,

Scientastic did a good response to bifs cherry-picking earlier in jokephase, but I suck at separating jokes from scum smokescreens on D1, but Iím leaning town for him as well.

B- seems null as previously stated.

Sandwolf Iím concerned over their lack of posts, usually he comes in with some banter but Iím not seeing much at all? So Iím thinking maybe lurker and lurkers make me sad. Because often they are scum.

Sandwolf what are your reads?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

Just the smug comment about potentially having a nightkill.

Fair enough, canít fault you on that.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

I have no reads rn SNG Iíve not engaged with this game yet I have a bad taste in my mouth from another game that finished recently

Iím legitimately sorry about that sand.

Scientastic posted:

Also, non-dayvig doesn't mean nightvig, it just means I didn't get a dayvig, this is dumb

I agree! Iím not sure why this is Amnis hill, but now Iím straight up going to laugh if you actually are scum, but I really think this is a fruitless tangent to go down. Also, science is cool but Iím a dunce at physics, so all I know a bride her from is pop culture. Iím gonna guess it was just jokephase though.

Iím assuming Toals vote is sarcasm? Given that they did just support that a night vig is a protown role.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

Iím legitimately sorry about that sand.

I agree! Iím not sure why this is Amnis hill, but now Iím straight up going to laugh if you actually are scum, but I really think this is a fruitless tangent to go down. Also, science is cool but Iím a dunce at physics, so all I know a bride her from is pop culture. Iím gonna guess it was just jokephase though.

Iím assuming Toals vote is sarcasm? Given that they did just support that a night vig is a protown role.

*a bride her should be schrodengers, my phone also does not know quantum physics apparently

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Alright, so everything happens when Iím asleep I see.

There are 18 people in this game, but the conversation is being dominated by 6-8 people. Thatís a whole lot of lurking/white noise posts.

Regarding bif and hambeet: this feels like a town v town fight to me. Bif is acting like they did as town in the food mafia we were in, and it was effective enough I shot her in the face D1 as scum to eliminate a good town player. Hambeet is posting similarly to before, and he was town as well. They both seem to be actively scum hunting and making cases. I donít like either of them for the vote today, but their posting both seem to be becoming vitriolic so maybe shift gears?

Regarding rarity: Iíve never played with them before, so I donít know the meta, but they seem to be well organized town, as I stated before. They are framing things logically and well, and is probably my only rock solid town read beside Sci at this point

Regarding Amni and Scientastic: so. I know I said earlier that this is town Amniís play style, and that pressure is good, but the problem is Amni is not loosening up when the pressures hitting a wall. Scientastic is acting like righteously frustrated town and not the way they normally do as scum which is sarcastically respond then shift the conversation. I feel like his position is not omgus as much as it is irritation at Amnis technique being at odds with their usual scum hunting. Originally, I thought this was a town slapfight, but Amnis posting is a departure from what theyíve established as a solid scumhunting technique worries me and shifts them into a null leaning scum read. But I might just be leaning too hard on meta for Amni, so maybe their scumhunting isnít as good as I thought, so Iím not quite comfortable to vote on them yet.

TLDR;

Iím concerned that thereís a lot of town slap fights inflating the post count as scum lurkers are sitting back and enjoying the ride.

Epsilon plus, taste, Hal, and sand(hopefully youíre feeling better) what are your reads of the big discussions going on right now?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

A lot of words for no scum alignment calls...

Thatís the thing. I donít think any of you are scum, youíre all seemingly town. With the exception of you as a null read Iím not comfortable calling scum. Why would I make a vote on people I donít think are very scum?

Anyway, I would love to make a scum call, which is why Iím trying to get other people to enter the conversation. Because I think scum is hiding right now, and all the slapfights are making it too easy for them to skate by.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Awww you guys were just lurking til someone called you out! Anyway! Now that youíre all here, we can actually get some information from yíall.

Hum, I know youíre going to reread, but why does the term town slapfight set you off? Does any one of those people in those conversations read specifically scum to you? And if so why did you wait until I asked for you in order to reread and post about it?

Sand, what about this specifically are you calling my scum play? Because youíve been in several games with me i trust you would know my meta. But since Iím town rn, I want to see where you misread me.

Amni, what is the primary reasoning behind your vote on me?

Taste, when you arrive, whatís your read on the Hambeet bif convo?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Okay... thatís an interesting position but sure. So youíre saying that in an 18 body game, where the majority are town, where town is incentivized to apply pressure and not back down, it is scummy to assume two otherwise townie seeming players may indeed be circling eachother to no avail? Because to me the term ďtown slapfightĒ is pretty common sense.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Regardless, at least youíre applying multiple avenues of pressure again.aside from me and Scientastic, are there any other players right now that jump out as scummy to you?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Sand honestly your biggest thing for me is no scumcalls. You have townreads but no pings or suspicions. Youíre calling people out, youíre doing things right, but never actually pushing a candidate of your own here. Thatís the scummy part.

Thatís fair, though Iíd like to point out Iím trying to get more people involved so I can make a scumcall because, well, I havenít had anything really ping hard. The closest is Amni but Iím still stuck on the fact that them applying pressure and pressure votes was town Amni in the last two games we played. Iím not even that concerned they voted me, itís more Iím puzzled as to why they are choosing to hyper focus instead of scattershot which they usually seem to do. Just like in Cuomo time, I didnít make a decision until Tommu had become so performative as scum that I felt it a slam dunk. Generally I donít vote til near deadline or if I see a big red flag.

If I were to push a case it would be a simple lurker case on taste or even DGK, but that may just be due to time zones or uh, meta in tastes case. But neither of those can be really pushed until people respond, as you and Hum have.

Mr. Humalong posted:

“Townie slapfight” is a phrase that is used by scum a lot. It’s an easy thing for a scum player to say to look like they’re paying attention without sticking their neck out too much. For three people to come in and say it on the same page is suspicious. For you to say it about both of the big arguments of today is beyond suspicious. It means you have read all of the posts concerning these arguments and decided that absolutely none of them could have been made with duplicitous intent. That is...incredibly generous.

I think Amni looks like his usual over-eager self fixating on the first thing he can to the detriment of any other possible leads. Him using your stinky poo poo post (no offense please do not cry) to swap off Sci and onto you is mildly concerning, but honestly you just came in and made like six paragraphs of text to say “I think they’re all town lol” so it’s understandable.

Scientastic seems to be playing as I would expect scum Sci to play. This could be meta bias.

Bif and beet are playing to type and I think both of them look worse afterward.

I get that itís suspicious, but since neither of the interactions are pinging me as scum I didnít have anything really to say, so I figured they are all town. Iím stuck because the alternative is just vote someone I donít think is scum which is, ya know, ludicrous.

I disagree with your Scientastic read, they played similarly in baby mafia, and I think it rings town.

The obvious solution is to drum up more people for more info, and uh, thatís what Iím doing.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Ya know, this is going to look like an omgus, but uh, if the only defense you have to the flip flop is that my one post I put out so everyone could see where Iím coming from is bad because itís a bunch of words that ended where I didnít pick a scum to vote, then let me fix it for you.

## vote Amistar

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

Naw, you called 2 different big fights "townie slap fights" and gave no scum reads. Considering your entry into the thread had also set off warning bells, I am happy with this vote.

Which, for context, my entry during jokephase twilight was me saying, ďwow, a bunch of people posted!Ē Followed by you saying it was an excuse to lurk, followed by me posting a ton. Yes. How prescient you were.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

DGK2000 posted:

I feel your drumming up people is performative and a way for you to provide 'content' without really providing content so you can look town.

Then what would you have me do exactly? Scummily lurk until a case comes up I can jump on? Thatís what you seem to be doing, but Iíd rather not Because the alternative is actively trying to get people to engage, which is what Iím doing.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

DGK2000 posted:

Yep, the whole thing read to me like communication gaps. I like both of you and I think you're both town. OH NO A TOWNIE SLAP FIGHT

Ok, I know youíre dripping with sarcasm, but thatís LITERALLY the case that was on me. Why on earth would you vote me for it and do the same thing yourself four posts later? Iím confused.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Humalong posted:

You are scummily lurking until someone quotes you lol

No, Iím popping in when I can and posting. I hit 10 posts before any of this back and forth started. If I was scum Why on earth wouldnít I do what the majority of scum are probably doing and just sit pretty? Because Iím town and I want to get information into the thread. I really do not get what yíall are wanting me to do here.

I post, and get called out for not having anything written.

So I try to join in and tell people that Iím getting null reads, and I get called out for not having a scum read. I make a call on scumread to get people off my back and back to hunting scum, and people say Iím still not contributing.

Then, I get home from work and try answering the thread, and now Iím being scummy by responding.

The alternative is to just do nothing til deadline, let you all pile on and mislynch me, then after I flip town I get to watch the rest of the game go by as everyone says I posted scummy anyway, so it was a good day 1 call.

This is frustrating.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

That makes sense, I just want more conversations to pop up. That way I have more to work with. Cause right now thereís not a lot jumping out that hasnít already been covered.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

I donít think SNG disappearing once other people got attention is in ANY way proof of his towniness. If youíve come to that conclusion I think you need to reassess.

I didnít disappear I went to sleep. And to say Iím lurking when Iíve been posting consistently is ridiculous.

Though I canít win for trying apparently, if I post Iím screwed if I donít Iím screwed yall will case me either way so Iím taking Humís mafia caddying to heart and just post my scum read.

I think both DGK and Gridlock are scum.

DGK sure cases have been thin, but their posting pattern has been lurking and then white noise, and the vote on me is opportunistic. They had nothing to add to the discussion but jumped onboard the vote leader for easy town clout.

Gridlockís recent posts are the most blatant scum posts Iíve ever seen, and

Gridlocked posted:

I see DGK posted above me.

Sorry if you're town bud but rest assured I will go after your murders, minus myself for as long as possible, to avenge your death when you inevitably flip town.

Is so anti-town the fact a flood of votes havenít come his way is making me wonder if everyoneís decided to just take crazy pills this morning.

##vote gridlock

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

This post makes no sense to me. If you think theyíre both scum, why are you voting for the one who has the fewest votes, as opposed to voting for DGK and making him vote leader?

I mean, I want them both taken down. But by voting for DGK Iím letting the more obvious scum live longer. Which I donít want to do. And itís better to hit the obvious scum first so we donít risk a mislunch. Why does that not make sense? Itís not like I can vote for both on the same day.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

SNG doesnít really think both are scum in that post

Yes I do, but I love the speculation posted as fact. Sorry Iím picking on your scum bro but maybe help them out in scumchat?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

Yes I do, but I love the speculation posted as fact. Sorry Iím picking on your scum bro but maybe help them out in scumchat?

Cause the posting really make you guys look bad

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

DGK2000 posted:

Vote for me you coward

I mean sure, but I do t get why youíd want me to? What am I missing?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

DGK2000 posted:

I do not think you honestly think I am scum.

Fine. Fine! Iíll explain it to you.

I said upfront I look for performative posts, and lurkers, because scum is inclined to make gambits In Order to establish town cred, or keep down low so they stay out of the lime light. Youíve done both. To start with, not counting jokephase because thatís white noise, you bravely kept that head down and uh... did nothing.

The next time you make a grand entrance, itís several posts in a row to inflate your post count, followed by an opportunistic jump onto the bandwagon pushing me as vote leader because I posted wrong, then didnít post enough, then posted too much. You make a big effort post, where you copy Amnis argument (though I still think itís flawed) and parrot it with no actual additions to the discussion. Then you chill.

That is scummy.

I think you are scum.

I also thing Gridlock is scummy.

I think they are scum.

I can only vote for one, and thereís a high risk I may be mislunched today, so I want my opinion clear so when I flip town people go ďoh, maybe we actually should look closer at gridlockĒ rather than just you, as Iím sure once you flip it will be scum, and I trust town enough to go after you.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Humalong posted:

No one really does this after a day 1 town flip, though.

Really? Why? Cause thatís my entire reason for voting grid and not DGK.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

Really? Why? Cause thatís my entire reason for voting grid and not DGK.

Wouldnít that be the logical thing to do though?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Rarity posted:

Because D1 town lynches are way more likely than D1 scum lynches so it's treated as business as usual. People only go back over D1 reads if the person who flipped is known as a good scum hunter

Thatís... oh.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Well poo poo. That was a waste of time and a shot in the foot then. Alright DGK,

##vote DGK

And regardless of anything else I still think Gridlock is an additional scum member

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

In my other town games so far their reads for town lunches were pretty important so maybe Iím just warped I guess. Or they only killed off really good towns?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

When I was doing my GCSEs, my history teacher told me that pupils at my school had a particular disease, wherein they wrote ďI believeĒ or ďI thinkĒ when writing the conclusions to their essays. He said that the reader knows that the conclusions drawn in an essay are the opinions of the author, and that there is no need to state this.

Basically, what Iím saying is that I learned an important lesson twenty years ago, and I am
sharing it with you now: I donít need to start every post I make with ďIn my opinionĒ or ďHere is what I think:Ē because it is a given.

A given yes, but when framed as you did, with only the conclusion sentence, the implication Int the same. Because, well, thereís usually an argument in essays, no?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

DGK2000 posted:

Like this is literally the idiot who dropped a vote on me, and everyone else has thought was a good case

I canít speak for anyone else but I gave you my case on you, and it has nothing to do with gaspy. Unlike you I didnít jump on a bandwagon. I drew my own conclusions based on your actions.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

DGK2000 posted:

So nobody can ever put a vote on someone, after giving their reasoning, unless they are first. Got it.

No, but implying that my case on you was derivative of gaspy is incorrect and you know that.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I can assure you, in the event you are lunched today and flip town, we will take a good long look at Grid tomorrow

That works. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

I read your case, and I found it extremely bad and reaching. Like REALLY reaching.

I mean... okay, itís much less a reach that his posting pattern is opportunistic and sucks that it is a reach that I must be scum for thinking that itís possible for town to yell at town but sure.