Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

I read your case, and I found it extremely bad and reaching. Like REALLY reaching.

Can you define why you think it’s a reach?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Alright I guess everyone’s resigned to a mislunch then. Well, I still think this could help some but, please look at:

Gridlock, for the reasons already stated,

Scientastic/Amnistar, for the weird scumbussing and vote hopping to me,

And focus on lurkers, Who I think are getting an easy free ride.

And please actually look harder at everyone’s posting relationships, cause some people have been very protective of each other and it’s raised no alarms.

Go town! I hope we still win.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Nothing to claim that’s gonna help me anyway, it would require a couple nights to be useful, so I’m pretty screwed up front.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’m a jailer.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Yeah I know, which is why I didn’t really try to use it. It’s a null claim at this point.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

It’s ok! I still win if you guys do so, :shrug:

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Gridlocked posted:

Is it weird that the 3 people who defended me for free, or at least based of the fact that apparently no scum could be posting as insanely (badly) as I have been are also not taking the easy sandnavyguy target?

I don’t understand any of the votes lately.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Shadrack Meduson

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

He himself got captured for an assassination attempt, so it’s a bit of irony I think?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Epsilon Plus posted:

I thought it was more histronics than anything tbh

It was performative. Just like John Cenas play on Day 1 of food mafia before he was lunched as scum

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Math aside, guys we got a problem.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

But what’s the good news toal?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Epsilon Plus posted:

don't fuckin elaborate or anything just leave this post here

no, the chance of any given coinflip is 50% though. the past doesn't predict the future. if your only defense of not being scum buds with someone is "well we were last game" then, well, your defense is weak

I’m going to I didn’t wanna interrupt if toal was gonna put something out there, but since we’re just arguing probability theory, the scum team has a kill that can. Pass jail. Cause I jailed Hum

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

I’m going to I didn’t wanna interrupt if toal was gonna put something out there, but since we’re just arguing probability theory, the scum team has a kill that can. Pass jail. Cause I jailed Hum

drat mobile phone, I meant I hailed Hum but he died anyway. That’s bad news.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

I don't.

##vote SNG

Look, I don’t like this either. We apparently have 2 killers, one of whom can bypass kill prevention. And since one of those dead is a scum (thankfully) it means it wasn’t the SK.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Rarity posted:

Ah wait I guess there's always the chance he'd bullshit jailing a PR and get caught out.

But we did have a bunch of VTs claim already so could always just go for them.

But then why would you jail a claimed VT.

Ughhhh.

I jailed him because he straight up was the first person to believe my claim, AND he sounded like he had a plan.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

I mean it could be a vigilante or some sort of BP ability too? Why do you think there's an SK my friend.

Because one of the people killed was a scum? I mean, I guess with shenanigans it’s possible they killed one of their own or something, but I’m going with occams razor.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

if he were PGO I’d be dead.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Then they had two NKs?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

look, I claimed jailed, at 8 votes. Jailer I know is a null claim, there was no reason to not just disbelieve me

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

look, I claimed jailed, at 8 votes. Jailer I know is a null claim, there was no reason to not just disbelieve me

But he did. Hum is an experienced player, and a gamble like that is odd. I’d already told Sandwolf I was prepared to die.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Rarity I already did. I was by all rights sentenced to I miss lunch and yet he goes and white nights me? After earlier in the day playing mafia daddy? I thought that there were some power roll shenanigans at play.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bottom line is, maybe there is no serial killer, but there’s absolutely some sort of bypass at play. Cause Hum is dead, I don’t know what else to say. It’s wifomy as hell to point out I coulda picked an easier target if I was scum, but regardless I thought I’d be protecting him

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

Or you're scum and lying about being jailor, which I know you aren't going to say, so I will.

Yes Amni, that’s the given. And you’ve already said it.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

Yes Amni, that’s the given. And you’ve already said it.

I can be pedantic too! But really, just use the info or move on, that’s all I got from tonight’s night action.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

drat SiV will be so upset she missed mathchat.

I really didn’t like SNG avoiding the lunch yesterday. This “I have info” thing felt like some cocked up plan.

If it’s a plan it’s a drat stupid one, I just gave you all the info I had, I’m not hiding anything else.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

There was such a production yesterday I’m hoping someone watched or tracked me to prove it. That along with Hum saying he’d been role blocked would have proved it out. I’d draw a night kill N2 probably but I didn’t know multiple people would die each night, and I figured if y’all wanted me dead anyway it wouldn’t be a waste. Now I’m just pissed. I got a power that doesn’t even freaking work.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

It even said successful in bold letters, which is even more confusing cause he still died.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Honestly? I have no freaking idea. What’s a juggernaut do?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

Watching or tracking would just show you visiting them.

All things considered I’m marking it as statistically more likely that you just NK’d them.

Well I didn’t think he’d be dead!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

Well I didn’t think he’d be dead!

I thought he’d be alive to cooborate. Hell I was basically doomed to get lunched anyway, I wanted to be useful.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

How would he corroborate.

Why would you assume he would notice.

That only makes sense if in jailing him you thought both

- that he was town
- that he had a power role

IN WHICH CASE

WHY would you jail him?

##vote sandnavyguy

I assume he’d get flavor along the lines of being jailed. I got that in the Ecco game, and in baby’s first we heard lullabied when put to sleep which was basically being jailed.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Why wouldn’t he? That’s not a good argument gaspy

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

And as far as him being a PR, I figured it’d be worth it to keep him alive AND prove I’m town.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I stand firm that gridlock had the scummiest post ever yesterday. So I’ll stop whining and

##vote gridlock

As for hawke he barely posted yesterday and his votes were weird so I dunno. He’s definitely suspicious

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I can’t help it gaspy but that’s 100% how it’s worked in every game I’ve been town in and got PRd by someone.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

I move to have Ecco game struck from the record.

I don’t! That’s 1 of my few games I’ve played!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

That still doesn’t explain you putting your role of janitor as higher priority than literally any other town role.

Because it’s both a doctor and a role blocker, and also I felt that if I was smart enough to figure out he was a PR so would scum.so skipping 1 early possible investigation to both ensure his living and confirm myself protecting two power roles for n2? That’s what I wanted to do. Then I could jail/protect someone N2 and probably draw the NK

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’m sorry if it’s not a foolproof plan, but it’s what I had when I voted to protect Hum right after we lost DGK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

Eh I'm sorry but this reads like you making up backwards your rational to fit the conversation. You're good enough to guess the no out of 17 players d1? Unlikely.

This kind of thing is super scummy feeling.

What do you mean no of players? I only banked in one. Hum.