Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Same

Also SNG no offense but your case on me is so based on tone that you seem to simply dislike. That doesn’t make me scum.

The tone isn’t the issue, it’s the fact that your responses are stilted to undermine me. Which you wouldn’t feel the need to do unless you were desperate to get rid of me.

And why would you be desperate to get rid of me even as I’m vote leader? Because you’re concerned that as a RB protective PR, I’m a danger, but if you guys NK me it throws your previous statement about me being a NK target into disarray. So scum doesn’t want to run the risk of me making it another night and screwing their plans.

Well I’m sorry, but I wanna win. I urge everyone on the fence to look critically at sandwolf posts D1 and D2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Make no mistake, SNG, I am desperate to get rid of you. Because we’ve now dragged our feet on lunching you for the equivalent of a real life week. If we don’t lunch you today, guess what, you’ll be put up AGAIN tomorrow because now you’ve dodged the loving noose twice. I think you’re scum, but on the off chance you’re town, you’re still not helping anything. All (not literally all, hyperbolically all, since I have to specify this) you’ve done today is defend yourself, talk about why we shouldn’t lunch you, and bring up meta defenses. If you’re town you have no interest in lunching scum but merely avoiding the noose, which is not helpful.

There is an alternative, don’t keep trying to Mislunch me and actually case other people. Something I think everyone should try, because you’re right that it sucks. But it’s not my fault no ones playing to anything else.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

But I think you're scum. So...you need to die.

Fair, but Believe it or not Amni There are multiple scum this game. I’m not one of them, but all them are coasting right on by because of this. I implore you to just try actually helping town this game? Unless you’re scum, in which case keep being scummy please, eventually someone will pick up on it. I hope.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

The fact that this has become a binary choice to multiple people boggles my brain. There are 14 other people right now.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I cased tpink, Amni, sandwolf, and toal. I feel toal May be misguided town, but I comfortably have the other two as scum.

I’ll put a large effort post shortly complete with lumpen list and my thoughts, once I go on lunch

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

uh-huh...

Yes Amni, but there are four votes on me. And several seeming townies on the fence. I think toal is town, they are just incorrect in their target. That’s really who I’m thinking of when I stated that. I am not delusional enough to think that the entire scum team would be voting me as a block from basically beginning of D1. So though I may be wrong about one of you three, I’m definitely not wrong about all of you.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

I find it pretty interesting that your list of "people I've cased" is literally just "people voting for SnG".

Well, Amni, give me a moment to get my stuff together. It's not my fault that your scum buddies are doing a good job of lurking or riding the bandwagon

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

It's kind of a self-perpetuating thing, really. I can see why people are voting him but I haven't had to clash with him directly, cause by the time I bothered looking at him he was already one of the main candidates D1 and seeming pretty resigned to it. Now I don't really need to do my usual thing, of getting everyone all riled up to listen to me for fucks sake, look at this bullshit already, they're scum scum scum, cause well, the case is already there.

Actually that's one more good reason to lunch SNG. Sandwolf does raise a good point here:

Despite other people voicing suspicion of Toal, here I am sitting here all by myself again with just one little vote. I was hoping to revisit Beet today too, see if he started getting all on my case again like he was hinting he would, so I could see if he still seemed scummy about it or not. But he's just got to relax all weekend without anyone really caring except Gaspy. All anyone wants to actually commit to and put more than a couple votes on is SNG. This is sucking the air out of the room worse than any big slapfight.

##vote SNG

seriously? you lurk all day hemming and hawing about toal and now jump onto me? We're getting close so maybe Amni pinged you in scumchat, but this vote screams opportunistic.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scum is probably gonna get their wish, and I'm gonna be mislunched and flipped soon, so hopefully this helps.

I'm sorry that I've been the center of attention today, and hopefully you can all breathe and get to make some real cases in the near future, since you were apparently unable to case anyone because of my posting :nallears:

Here are all my reads.

Town:

Gaspy- Organized and methodical, actively scumhunting, on the watch for scumslips and relations between players
Toal- My hardest choice, cause they are voting me, but I believe they are town laboring under the impression the only way forward is to remove me. but as they refuse to case other people yet, im worried they may be scummy as well. so I'm cautiously putting them here.
Taste- Is acting the way they normally do as town. annoyingly.
Epsilon- seems to be even keeled and though the masonry was unconfirmed, I have a gut feeling they are town based on their reactions, and pressure on multiple people for info
Scientastic-Actually making cases other than just riding the coattails of other people, also was critical of me since D1, and realized they could still make other cases too! what a concept.
Hambeet- Acting the way they have in town games before, seems methodical, and is applying multiple pressure fronts.
rarity- Im suspicious of some of their posting, but they seem really upfront, but theres been multiple cases regarding their interactions with gaspy and im left at kind of a loss. so leaning town instead of null.

Null:

Hawke-lurker not enough info
Hal-lurker! not enough info

Scum:

Tpink- see my case on them from before
Amnistar- see my case on them from before, and literally the fact their whole game is based on me apparently.
Sandwolf - see my case from before
Gridlock- Same as D1, even if they arent voting for me they are still scummy as hell. its a travesty no one else has cased them since D1(I would but Id just be parroting rarity from D1)
Bif- Your votes have been very conditional and weak, thats why noone agreed with you, and this opportunistic vote? yeah it moves you down from null vote.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

First of all, what's this "conditional" poo poo and second of all, how was I at null before

you were null because after the radio silence post your fight with hambeet, you were previously at town. Aside from the fixation on toal you havent posted much at all D2 and IMO You hadn't been outright scummy until the opportunistic vote. and right now most of my scum reads are voting me anyway, and omgus doesnt concern me as a concept at this point.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Gaspy you haven’t really responded at all to the votes...?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Well it won’t change much but maybe this will get their attention.

##vote Asphyxious

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’m not Hambeet, I’m trying to force gaspys hand. My entire town read of them is based on their methodical posts and attention to detail. Especially after basically lurking all of day1. Now, for 6 hours leading up to deadline, with no posts? No witty retorts to the accusations?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

And of course it’s opportunistic. I don’t want a NL. We are in less than an hour from deadline, and you already said you’d vote me.

But if gaspy doesn’t get In here and post, they aren’t very town now are they?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

At the end of the day Hambeet, I *know* I’m town. Confirmed to myself. Gaspy isn’t. So between me and them? I’ll happily take out a potential scum or bad playing townie. Cause not posting is ridiculous right now. Gaspy, post some sort of defense or hammer me home but don’t sit on the sidelines and be all “see I said he was town” when I flip.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Epsilon Plus posted:

the problem with this logic is that putting them at -4 an hour before deadline isn't exactly scary

Look it’s the only tool I got, or wait til everyone hops over anyway. I think they are town, and -4 isn’t gonna kill them. But they need to act or yes, they should be gone.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

And im at work til 9 tonight and posting in lulls at work. Everyone has time zones. But I’m here. When I wasn’t before? You all said I was lurking and being opportunistic responding to call outs. Can’t have it both ways.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sigh. I already gave my list hawke.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Top pick? Amni. No question.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

We’ve been on eachother since the beginning and uh, all the BS arguments that got me into this place, like apparently how I was gonna lurk all game (loving lol) came from them.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

That was before this slow agonizing execution. I’ve posted lists, I’ve given all the answers you could all want, and I make a Vote like anyone else. Why Hambeet, when you were still on the fence, would you hop over to me? To prevent a NL? Why?

Is it because you want to ensure the possibility of a scum lunch over nothing? Well I feel the same way. And gaspy, very recently, made sweeping town gestures and there have been several cases on them since then. I haven’t heard a rebuttal, and I’m doubting him. Therefore, there is a chance he is scum. So I don’t want a NL either, AND I want to kill a possible scum which I know I’m not.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

hambeet posted:

That’s not even the same as you trying to say gaspy is scum for sleeping.

I’m not. I’m saying that the cases that others have made against them have merit, and they have not argued against it. Therefore I feel they are more likely to be scum then before.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sleeping has nothing to do with it. If I was asleep right now, you’d all look at my cases and make a decision. You wouldn’t postpone voting until I had my piece, would you? Even if I hadn’t posted like crazy today.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

hambeet posted:

Because you’ve taken all ambiguity out of it.

What ambiguity? Nothing is different except I’ve lost patience.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah this is cutting it way too annoyingly close people

Quick solution, don’t vote me!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Welp,

Looks like I haven’t helped a god drat thing.

##unvote

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

:ghost: sorry y’all, go scum! :ghost:

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Well it was fun! And the fact I got to go completely ham made it worth it lol. I love mafia

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

tpink posted:

Good game, all, I had a lot of fun with this one! SNG, hope there’s no hard feelings. I like that you didn’t give up even when the writing was on the wall.

None at all! I had a blast. All the pissed off bravado was just acting. I’m pretty non confrontational when I’m actually upset anyway lol.

And nope! I was gonna deny deny deny until that clock struck DL

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

None at all! I had a blast. All the pissed off bravado was just acting. I’m pretty non confrontational when I’m actually upset anyway lol.

And nope! I was gonna deny deny deny until that clock struck DL

And it alllllllMost worked

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

SNG you really had me doubt myself a couple times and you never dipped into what I would call emotional manipulation and I am happy to share a prefix with you

Thanks! Sand Solidarity.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

DGK2000 posted:

Bif- "Gaspy's quiet suspicion"

I read this with Yukikos voice from P4. And it made me smile all game long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Come on guys, I totally promise to be an honest town from now on. :sun:

Also if people keep handing me a Free newbie card, well, I can’t not play it.