Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i got that reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I know one of those shows.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

is it like foghorn leghorn?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

aces.

good chat.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gridlocked posted:

not to interrupt my own gimick but i'm pretty sure I survived to the end didn't I?

Wait no I survived to like the final 8 or something

i think we call that a final FANTASY

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

also holy poo poo gridlocked is in this game?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Scientastic posted:

Who is Gridlocked? I get the impression I’m supposed the be awe in the presence of a forums mafia celebrity, and I really have no idea who they are

No.

I was just pretending I didn’t realise they were in the game to put them back in their place, but you just ruined that.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol nice gif loser

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

okay so the only person making me suss is bif, because they're trying to play seriously. and it's bif. ##vote bif

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

or maybe gridlocked hiding behind a poo poo joke too long

yeah i get it ..

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

well stop being suss

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

id rather ##vote rarity

because..?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yes binus is scum because he would be the third vote. very serious town play.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey i also just raelised we see to have a fairly active game? everyon'es posting!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

so i was the third vote on you before birb withdrew.

does that make me not scummy for making it?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

also lol at 'down playing it hard', yes bif that's exactly what i've been doing.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

You're actively trying now to make this about something it's not.

##vote beetface

My concern with binus is that he held back from voting me for seemingly no reason,which could be a telltale behaviour of cautious scum. "Maybe it's cause he was avoiding the third vote" was a little flourish I added instead of just saying "maybe cause he's scum!" cause I noticed that would've been the third vote if he hadn't held back.

i'm not actively trying anything. i'm engaging with you about your thing that seems to be entirely predicated on the idea that bminus would be apprehensive to call you scum and vote you on day 1. yes. i'm skeptical of that and am pressing you on it in what was originally a humourous manner because i don't really buy it and it looks like you're trying to force something here which, irony ahoy, is probably a more realistic and reliable scum tell to start building a case out of than 'the third vote'.

also i decided to check back to see how hard e+ was downplaying your thing at binus:

Epsilon Plus posted:

who the hell actually believes "third vote scum" nowadays, and more over, wouldn't that number really depend on the number of players in the game?

one post.

and i'm the one making something it's not?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

can someone make me a touch down gif, but it says beet down instead? thx

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

There's only one E+ post about it because he ignored me trying to engage him about it further, while we were both here and posting.

so you wanted them to play it down hard, but they didn't?

i'm sort of confused now bif.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

also way to ignore the whole first half of my post.

i don't feel this is very towniest townie behaviour.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

it's confusing because you're saying they're downplaying it hard. you said i am too.

i don't see e+ downplaying it hard, i see them rightfully pointing out the 3rd vote on its own is not a serious thing.

just because you accused them of playing it down doesn't make it so.

i'm sorry that your portrayal of battling against a coordinated assault of your argument doesn't hold up to much scrutiny.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

I can get back to that in just a moment (unlike E+), the last half was just very easy to address quickly.

okay you take that to scum chat to mull over and i'll wait.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

I made the effort to explain this to E+ too, only to be ignored twice, but ok keep going on about how scummy I am for not working three phones at once with six hands so I can simultaneously respond to every sentence of yours instead of making you wait a whole few minutes of your precious time to go in some sort of temporal order

rattle rattle

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Your engaging with me began with total nonsense about wanting to vote me for taking the game seriously, which is only my constant D1-right-out-the-gate effort town game you've seen me do on many, many occasions despite being such a mafia noob.

Since then it hasn't got much better, you pull me up for ignoring this part of your post for all of the minute or two it took me to address the other half first, but were fine with ignoring what else I'd said about binus.

And what am I trying to force? I cast one vote and I've responded to people like E+ and you who've responded to it in a way that suggests you don't understand. Your complete obtuseness towards all my recent posts suggest it is a willful misunderstanding.

Bifauxnen posted:

And I told you that "lol third vote would've been the scum vote" is not the core thing it's about. It's a fun cherry I noticed on top of the calling-him-out-for-chickening-out-of-the-vote sundae.

hmmm.

Bifauxnen posted:

Holding back from the third vote are we, coward

##vote binus

Bifauxnen posted:

I do think I could be on to something with binus bothering to call me scummy but not wanting to drop a vote, possibly because it woulda been the third vote.

<snipped out irrelevant stuff about hal being dreamy or whatever>

[quote="Bifauxnen" post="507374681"]
It's obviously not a hard and fast rule, making it sound like a law of mafia is a joke, but it does vaguely sum up a genuine principle.

Once you start actually piling a few votes on people, it passes from looking like just jokephase to causing actual consequences now, of making someone look like a serious lunch candidate.

The third vote or so is a pretty good place for scum to start coming in, if they want a mislunch to take off. Cast the first vote on someone and you might take all the blame for sticking your neck out and making a bad case. Cast the second vote and you might look too me-too. But once someone else has already done the me-too, it's not quite as scary anymore. It's now an approved idea that's passed some scrutiny and has more than one oddball townie on board.

No, I don't think binus probably sat there literally counting the votes, but he bothered to pick out that post of mine and call it pretty scummy, in a way that had no joke attached that I could see. So why not vote, if it was serious?
[/quo

i don't see how, from re-reading the above, that me pointing out that your case is built on the principle of the 'third vote is scum' is me misunderstanding your case. you've said it multiple times now.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hosed that last quote. you can all work it out.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

I made the effort to explain this to E+ too, only to be ignored twice, but ok keep going on about how scummy I am for not working three phones at once with six hands so I can simultaneously respond to every sentence of yours instead of making you wait a whole few minutes of your precious time to go in some sort of temporal order

lol and oh come on that was an obvious joke about taking it to scum chat.

for someone who has gone on about others recognizing their own meta multiple times this game, you should at least be prepared for my posts.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amnistar posted:

In ythe hambeet v Bif debate, bif looks good, hambeet looks bad.

lol

actually no, i'd like you to elaborate as to why amni.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Scientastic posted:

Woah, Amni’s scum

##Vote Amnistar

hmmmm why sci?

like what does amni's post imply about bif or my alignment?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gridlocked posted:

##vote bifauxnen

I'll contribute how I wanna contribute in d1

you did good son

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

The hilarious thing is it's not even really a case. It was a jab. He didn't vote me and it looked scummy, so I poked him to see what happened. But you and E+ are the ones who reacted to it in a more suspicious way.

lol nice way to avoid the point. like, it's more suspicious for us to point out it's dumb than it is for you to pretend you didn't keep saying 'third vote scum'. just like you trying to paint my posts as 'unwillfully misunderstanding' and 'downplaying it hard'. okay bif. super townie.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Well I got onto an interesting mafia game theory digression, so sue me. I explained how the "third vote scum" thing, despite being a silly rule that can't be actual literal proof of anything, is at least inspired by a more genuine principle of trying to analyse when people want to get in on votes and why. But I concluded by explaining that the whole reason I brought it up because I thought binus was backing off from voting.

for me it's not the digression, it's the 'everyone who disagrees with me is suss' and 'you're just deliberately misunderstanding me' even though i'm clearly not, that bothers me most.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Rarity posted:

Yeah I think beet's making way too much of way too little here

eh, i've got an excellent track record bagging bif as scum :clint:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

better than gaspy. speaking of which..

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok maybe you just honestly misunderstood. And this:

Was your honest interpretation,that I only thought binus is scum because of the most literal interpretation possible that he would've been the third vote. You pointed out how I said it in my first jab at binus but you ignore the meat of it. When I called him a coward. "Too scared to drop the third vote, coward?" Doesn't mean "ok everyone I have now deduced binus is scum through mafia phrenology" it means "hey it's early D1 but you look like scum,are you gonna flinch, scum?"

no bif. i do not think that.

i prodded you on what half of your 'jab' was, as you did repeatedly refer to the coincidence of him being concerned about shading you but not voting as 'dropping the third vote', because it would have been the third vote. and then when i prodded you on it in a dry way, as you quoted and i highlighted earlier, you reacted. i've pointed out that you've pushed back on people who disagree with you as being suspicious. then you were saying that i'm deliberately misunderstanding you. it looks like you're trying very hard to shade me (and i guess epsilon) as well as paint my posts as very negative. i don't really see you as trying to determine my alignment. to me it looks like you're just trying to shade me as being suss because i didn't agree with your theory / jab / case.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amnistar posted:

Bif reads as geniune in their stance. You come across as someone that thinks you've found something and aren't actually interested in any of the responses given. I see this back and forth as scum hambeet seeing a wedge that can be driven and town bif trying to explain why that wedge is dumb and being ignored.

lol. i'm not interested in their responses?! yet have responded to nearly each and every one.

ironically, i don't think you are paying attention.

are you just trying to find someone to jump onto to polarise and hope it takes off? you picked the wrong horse bucko.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Are you trying to suggest scum wouldn't bother trying to tangle with me? That sure never applies to beet.

this is also true

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amnistar posted:

Maybe "not interested" isn't the right phrasing then. You don't care about any answer given as an explanation. You are engaging to make Bif look bad, not because you think bif is scum.

Basically, I read Bif as genuine and you as not genuine in the engagement.

no i'm engaging bif because her argument didn't make sense, her response to people picking at it doesn't make sense nor does it seem townie and the way she keeps trying to throw shade on my pushing her is super suss.

so what would you call that amni? in your own words.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amnistar posted:

Also, in case it's unclear, because I know people are gonna make comments about being unclear in opinions:

I think Sci is scum and I caught them in a deliberate scumslip, so I'm not moving my vote until it is clear they are not an option.
I think Hambeet is scum, would vote for them.

I think Rarity might be scum, but it's a weak read right now.

I think Bif is town.

That is my reads right now.

lol the sci scum slip is dumb. and what's your read on rarity. it's weak, but what is it?

stop saying these random things.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm not trying to determine your alignment?I've been investing a lot of effort to actually explain my position to you beet, as if it might be possible for that action to have a point to it.

When I try my best to spell things out in as much detail as possible, despite that probably only making everyone else just get more fed up with my interminable posts, and you sit there still stubbornly going "nuh-uh", drat well I'm going to see it like you're approaching me in bad faith.

And you frame it as me just suspecting anyone who disagrees with me but guess what, I haven't got to find out yet if E+ still disagrees with me, cause I tried to ask him if he had any more thoughts after my big post and he buggered off.

hey bif, you've spent a lot of posts saying i am misunderstanding you, so when i actually explain it and you don't confirm whether or not i was right and go onto some of the other poo poo i posted about... well you can see why i have a problem with your posts, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amnistar posted:

Exccept her arguement does make sense. Which is why I don't think you're being genuine, I think you're being deliberately obtuse to push a narrative.

okay sorry, you are 100% right. i didn't phrase that correctly. i've only phrased it that way when i just responded to you, then though, never to bif. to bif i've pointed out solely that i disagree with her 'jab'.

so can you try again to explain how i am engaging with her to make her look bad? spoilers: my argument would be that she's doing a fine job of that herself.