Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will play if Despairity is playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

lol

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

Content gams

Yeah my legs are feeling pretty good

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

Hi Hal, long time no see :) How's life these days?

PS. Please vote Bif, she's scum

Life is peachy, like one of those weird donut peaches that tastes pretty good but doesn’t look all that appealing

##vote bif hobocops are cool but sailor moon is scummy I agree

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Wow bif. Just wow

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Top left

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Gridlocked posted:

What if Alpharius Omegon is just two kids in a trenchcoat?

Makes you think

I didn’t do the survey but Biker Mice From Mars was a good show

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

I thought we were friends :(

We are, I answered the important part! Plus I am voting bif based on your rec

Scientastic posted:

I almost put BMFM as my choice, but I think I only remember it being good. I suspect it was actually poo poo.

Whereas I bought Batman TAS on DVD for my kids, and it is every bit as good as I remember.

Oh that’s fair, Batman is like on its own level

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Whoa it’s Marlo Stanfield! Scary

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

Bif is old news, bminus is the new hotness

We may diverge paths here Rarity

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

*shrug* its day 1, and I think you are a clever person. I doubt I'll get anyone to vote you over this, and will inevitably end up moving my vote.

You might still get to be smug at the end of the game. ;)

Sci is a clever person but boy you sure are stretching to make this work. But hey D1 do what you gotta do

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

Uh oh Hal are you scum? Please don't be scum on our first game back together. My heart wouldn't take it.

Oh my, no, do you think Amni is right about Sci? Or Amni is scum trying to make a bad case?

Or am I being performative?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello I have been driving all day but now I’m back and I am catching up and I agree with beets post asking B- what the case is on DGK

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

I looked around my kitchen for a number, saw 5.3, added them together, and voted for the 8th player

Sounds dicey, what in a kitchen would say 5.3

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I agree with it too, I think Amni’s insistence only to immediately about-face feels weird, why make the original statements to then immediately renege on them?

I’m looking back to see how this played out and are we taking about the case Amni made early yesterday on sci then flipped just recently to SNG? That doesn’t seem immediate at all but maybe I’m missing something. I did have a few drinks so maybe I’m being dumb

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

Chobani yogurt in oz

I’m pedantic enough to google this and drat you are a legend sir

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

also hal you still have a jokevote on rarity, I was trying to puzzle out the mystery of taste's choice and spotted that

Bif actually.

I do not see the Amnistar case though so I can’t join you there yet

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

maybe u and me can ##vote Amnistar

In fact I’m actually much more inclined to ##vote SNG because Amni’s points on him are decent

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Hmm I guess I missed the post about extending deadline

Yeah I though it was sooner but guess we have another day! Which is good because I am not going to make it much longer today but I got nothing happening tomorrow

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That would really be bending over backwards to protect SNG in the worst way possible by Gridlocked. It's a terrible post but if there are scum on the DGK vote I would think it is more likely Toalpaz or Gaspy. Toal particularly has gone to the effort of making an excuse to vote DGK that doesn't really hold up, I think town are far more likely to change their mind and vote with someone they thought was scum, scum are the ones who are going to be more concerned with appearance and feel like they need to justify their reasons for making that switch.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

LET'S DO THIS PEOPLE

##vote Gridlocked

Naturally!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

No scum would post some of the poo poo you’ve posted lol

Yeah that’s my take on it. I think the attempted push to bif here is weird too, but I’ve been a bit disengaged so maybe I’m missing something

SNG is a good vote, gaspy is my second choice, nothing strong after that yet

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

I mean it could be a vigilante or some sort of BP ability too? Why do you think there's an SK my friend.

Yeah scum goon would be doing the kill most likely so b- could have run into a PGO or something. Definitely too early to assume SK

I don’t know what to make of jailing hum and him dying

SNG maybe I missed it. Did you get a success or whatever result and was it specific to hum or just generic?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

I mean BP PGO here too. :)

drat you toalpaz

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sandnavyguy posted:

Because one of the people killed was a scum? I mean, I guess with shenanigans it’s possible they killed one of their own or something, but I’m going with occams razor.

Town vigs exist

sandnavyguy posted:

if he were PGO I’d be dead.

Not hum, b- could have run into a PGO

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

What do you mean by 'he had a plan'? Please pull out the exact quote and explain why you thought that way because the only post of his that looks remotely relevant is this one:

And I have no clue how you could say he had a plan from that

Let’s be honest here, SNG is playing his own game that seems to be mafia-adjacent so trying to understand what’s happening with him may be fruitless

And he’s probably scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sandnavyguy posted:

Then they had two NKs?

I give up

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

tpink posted:

I’m still catching up but none of SNG’s subsequent posts are making me rethink my vote on him.

I agree that SNG (partly through sheer volume) has started to seem a bit better, but there is a long history of scummy behavior and I agree with Toalpaz's thought that it's a lot to ask to believe that SNG happened to jail the NK choice and the scum happened to have a juggernaut or whatever that bypassed the alleged jail. Can't discount the possibility of redirects, etc... but on the whole it all seems very fishy.

Also never a fan of someone needing a day to come up with cases when pressed to stop just defending themselves despite having the time to continually respond to every person casing them.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Looking back at b- I get basically nothing from his posts, most notable things is he never even mentions SNG which is another point against them. The light push on gridlocked late is weird, but why hop off the DGK case to start a bus on a scumbro at that point, unless Grid was in more danger then than I realize.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

tpink posted:

I mean seriously, everyone just pause for a second and consider the odds of SNG jailing the very person that scum targeted, of there being a juggernaut in the game (I honesty can’t even recall the last time I saw it in one of these games - it’s not a common PR at all), AND of scum using juggernaut to target the person that SNG happened to jail. It boggles the mind.

Yeah I agree I don't think there is any way that went down (why would scum not just kill SNG anyway) and if SNG is actually telling the truth it was way more likely to be a redirect happening. But mostly it seems like a lie. Kind of a strange gambit for scum but I suppose SNG had to say they jailed someone and by picking the NK you at least avoid half the equation that could counter-claim your action.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

Lol at Gaspy realising he hosed up his case on me and backpedalling in the hopes no one checks his working

Yesterday I would have been more likely to agree with you because I thought Gaspy was being intentionally unhelpful and voted DGK for spurious (non-existent) reasoning PLUS I was conflating him and HAWKE (sorry birb/gaspy I know you are different people) but he's been pretty on-point today and you are doing everything you can to misconstrue what has been happening. I was pretty solid that you were townie yesterday but now you are falling into a pattern of being very vocal in trying to push people and then kind if walking away from it when it doesn't get the traction you want. Bif said she thinks this is town rarity but I am coming around on you trying to be the loud scum that controls the game. There are better choices than you right now (SNG) but you are climbing the list.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah but that info is like, not super useful. Okay so maybe there’s a juggernaut kill, great? Maybe it was 1-shot, maybe it wasn’t, either way, it shouldn’t really alter the way anyone is playing.

So it feels like, you know there’s a juggernaut kill or it felt like the kind of lie to be recommended as either harmless info to reveal or just false.

I don’t know, this may be walking backwards from the conclusion that you’re scum, because anytime someone avoids a lunch like *you* did D1, I’m nearly positive they’re scum. Why wouldn’t you just have been lunched earlier if you were town? Sure scum like to try to appear to be doing the right thing, but if you were a town jailer I feel like they’d have been more interested in getting you killed.

Unless they had a juggernaut gently caress

I think someone else brought this up, but this is a weird post with a weird tone. I would be surprised if this was a SNG bus, but in the world where SNG was town this would light up my scumdar. Sandwolf in general is being much more passive than recent games where he was town.

Also don't like that his suspicion list outside of SNG is Gridlocked (still don't see why scum would play like this) and two people who basically have no content at all (HAWKE and taste)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Actually I retract that Sandwolf read, I looked back at his D1 play and he seems pretty townie there and he's been consistent in his reads and while I wish he would post more I am no longer finding him scummy, sorry Wolfie.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The only reasoning to me at this point not to vote out SNG is that they are basically boxed in now and there is only so long you can go before getting trapped in a lie with that claim so if we have another decent candidate we can circle back to SNG next time they have an implausible result. But I would have to see some realllllly townie posts to get to that point. Also of course scum jailer is a perfectly feasible role to exist.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

idk, it'd be just as safe / risky to claim to be roleblocked.

Yeah that’s probably the only thing to really do, but then I’d say well real weird they didn’t roleblock or kill you D1 so that’s still a suspicious result in my eyes

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Two points:
  • I dislike Hal posting.
  • Toal is onto something with regard to voting Bif.

Like because you think it’s scummy or is more of a personal attack?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Calling it a personal attack would be too strong but something along those lines, yeah

Well I never! Your face reminds me of busb

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

the gaspy/rarity interaction looks fake tbh

Really? I'm genuinely curious as to what gives you that impression. There seems to be very little gained from a scum-scum interaction like that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm in the very rare state.of being in/on the turps, AMA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

Hal this isn’t a question but I just want you to know in mafia games you always have the energy of a guy at a family dinner table with a newspaper infront of his face chiming in every now and again with an observation but otherwise utterly and happily focused elsewhere.

That's very fair