Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Really? I'm genuinely curious as to what gives you that impression. There seems to be very little gained from a scum-scum interaction like that

I guess gridlocked feels the same way as Hawke. I dunno though it seemed like it got a bit personal (not necessarily in a mean way) that I don't think a fake interaction would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Add Amnistar to the Rarity pile of people who came out strong and now are coasting. I get it Amni you don't believe SNG (I don't think I do either) but the half-hearted efforts on Rarity and Sci today are not great and aren't developed or explained well at all. Maybe Rarity a bit but the sci suspicion seems throwaway and Amni is happy to coast on the popular SNG read today so far with no new insight

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok thank you for your clarity in this game of communication known as Mafia

Mmmm slicing out 75% of the post you quoted to make it vaguely fit with your point about about an earlier post is not compelling nor a good look biffy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Make no mistake, SNG, I am desperate to get rid of you. Because we’ve now dragged our feet on lunching you for the equivalent of a real life week. If we don’t lunch you today, guess what, you’ll be put up AGAIN tomorrow because now you’ve dodged the loving noose twice. I think you’re scum, but on the off chance you’re town, you’re still not helping anything. All (not literally all, hyperbolically all, since I have to specify this) you’ve done today is defend yourself, talk about why we shouldn’t lunch you, and bring up meta defenses. If you’re town you have no interest in lunching scum but merely avoiding the noose, which is not helpful.

Yeah this sums up my feelings. I was always swayed earlier by the volume of posts and there have been one or two good ones sprinkled in there but the defense of self::cases on players ratio is so skewed that along with how hard it has been to get SNG over the finish line for two days that this needs to get done.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

In the event we can't get it done, I would be good with Toalpaz. I don't think the Sandwolf cases are good, I could see Gaspy possibly but I think that the shitposts and snipes are pretty par for the course for him.

People have said they consider taste scummy. In my recent experience with him as scum he was aggressively pushing bad cases and being very vocal about it. I wish he would elaborate on anything he thinks this game, but he doesn't look at the past or whatever he says so I doubt that will happen. I do not think this is his scum game however

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

It’s not exactly hard to see through scum making awkward posters like grid and sng into patsies

Grid, sure. There is a lot around SNG besides just the posting though. Weird defense of him by you

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This is why I dislike Hal posting about mafia. Where are the posts about airports or not being able to post?

Chain-omgusing is anti-town.

COVID has really changed the world of mafia for me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lol I thought I was voting SNG all day ##vote SNG just in case

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lol

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

if we were gonna lunch a lurker I'd rather do Hal who has only 50 some odd posts over three days

Does D3 count? Because 50 posts over 2 days seems reasonable. And I’ve been providing reads pretty regularly

I was busy last night and I’m at work today but I’ll catch up soon

I generally agree that rarity has been wrong but in a town way

I agree with the bit about Birb mysteriously getting more vocal today after 2 scum have been killed is suspicious

I’ve gone back and forth about gaspy, but I think if you remove the shitposts and the “anyone casing me is scum” posts he’s been pretty engaged and consistent and I lean town at this point

SNG flipping scum makes Amni and Sandwolf look pretty good

Bif I have not really developed a read on yet, I will go back and look at the interaction with B- when I get the chance

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I forgot about the SK! That could be, like, anyone

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would probably peg rarity for SK with her play style so far

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

Hal's catchup post only having one non-town read that's only "a bit suspicious" is all kinds of whack

I’m getting around to stuff, but I will say that’s just how I am in most games until I feel pretty sure about someone’s scummitude. More of a personality thing than a mafia thing

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

What are the chances of scum having a role cop to find the SK folks?

2 in 7

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

To clarify, I can see now how some people might be able to realistically see Gaspy or Rarity as scum now. Still don't agree on Rarity. Gaspy is more of a possibility, he did not do well on the SNG vote and him saying he's real sure me and Beet are both town has been downright uncanny.

Do you feel like rarity did better on the SNG vote? Because she did a lot of work rereading SNG only to vote gaspy at the end.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Don’t think I’ll vote tpink today either, even though his appearance and defending of himself looked scummy, but their interactions with SNG over days felt sincere and not a bus.

I tend to agree with this, SNG's big push to save himself seemed to be to case tpink even though his vote was on gaspy late, and as you said tpinks interactions with SNG do not read like a bus at all.

I think it is pretty likely that SNG's late day lumpen list would have a scumbuddy on it, but of course he chose to list 5 people as scummy (tpink/amni/sandwolf/gridlocked/bif). Had he even mentioned suspicion of bif before that post? That's something I need to look back on too. I really don't think tpink/sand/grid are scum. Amni IS the type that might bus a teammate who was playing badly, and he held back from really any other reads the first two days. Pushing tpink now is also sort of the "easy" case so he might be someone I need to look harder at.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

No I don't think she did better there, but I still think her actually being scum is unlikely since her effort game has been solid and consistent since day one. I haven't played with her before so maybe she's just like this every game, but I definitely read it as townie here. Her case on me draws a wrong conclusion but I don't think she's being unreasonable to see it that way, compared to some of the bullshit I usually get.

Mmmmm yeah that was the same conclusion I came to at first so I don't disagree. Again though I think if there is an SK she would be a strong candidate because she is playing a loud game that isn't interested in finding scum, just being vocal and making sure suspicion is spread around as much as possible. Does that even make sense?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

I know we're all up ins on this Bif poo poo and we are going to kill Bif today, but I want to call out this one:

Anyone that actually views my posting as "pushing tpink" is not actually reading my posting, and just skimming the thread. Hal is likely not town.

I pretty clearly said I was just skimming earlier!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

so I'll just mark you down as VT, then?

Erm ok, well mark me down as that too

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

I know we're all up ins on this Bif poo poo and we are going to kill Bif today, but I want to call out this one:

Anyone that actually views my posting as "pushing tpink" is not actually reading my posting, and just skimming the thread. Hal is likely not town.

Ok I looked back again and I don't think that's a particularly egregious misstatement by me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah but also what the gently caress, how is a mason supposed to have figured out the game from HAL’S most recent post?

Yeah!

What?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Gridlocked posted:

Uh these both can't be true statements right?

I think Gaspy is referring to why bif claimed to watch sandwolf right, not what he himself did

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

loving beet

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

Well I see that we only had one kill. In Call of Duty Mafia I was SK and held back my NK for 5 nights because I'd had a bunch of early heat on me and knew I was prime target for a tracker. This isn't enough to clear him for me on its own.

There is also the possibility that both teams felt some need to kill tpink

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

Willing to bet that toal was protected last night.

I think Hal is SK and EP+ is scum.

In one way this makes me feel better about you, but on the other hand why do you think I am a SK? Yesterday you thought I was scum so is there something that makes that different? Don't get the pivot

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Did tpink have any relevant reads?

He was pretty good at catching scum tbh, even if he was pretty quiet. I don't think he had anything after bif that he was talking about though

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

also lol gridlock we should lunch you on principle

No way gridlocked is like a fresh comedy skit every day

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

I looked over Eps's posts again, still think he's lower on the potential scum list than Hal or Hawke. I get that people are feeling iffy about his whole secret info let's fullclaim deal but I think that's coming from a genuine place of wanting a town win but maybe not doing things in the smartest way.

Eps, unless there's some crazy setup here we're looking at 1 scum + 1 SK out of ten players. We've got some wriggle room, at this point why do you think sharing your info with town would have a negative impact?

Yes at this point it’s silly for ep to not say what his deal is

As to your points about me rarity, you shouldn’t hold the bif thing against me, I was going to come back and get some reads in and you were too insatiable and ended the day early

I’m off to work at the moment but I’m actually much less busy today so I’ll be back shortly

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Shh Toalpaz, damnit. Of course Amni is the SK, think about his play, he’s been playing consistently well, alongside me is nailing many scum, but he’s about 100% less present than usual. Furthermore, he was tryna kill scum with his NK the entire game, that completely jives with how I think Amni would play.

I disagree, he seems fairly present compared to normal.

I kinda read his post about Toal being protected as a doc claim, but I suppose it could be "I tried to kill Toal and it failed" claim

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Yo I’m sorry but E+ is being scummy as loving hell. He didn’t even verify Toal’s claim existed? He didn’t even act suspicious of Bif despite knowing her role was a scum role? e+ didn’t even vote her!

If you know the setup and know a hyperspecific role (even night watcher) exists and belongs to scum, how do you not IMMEDIATELY start pushing that person when they claim that? How do you not immediately spend more time trying to lunch them then get everyone to full claim?

E+ just scum claim so we can kill the SK

The way he has hemmed and hawwed about the whole thing since sort of claiming also stinks tbh

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

Just checking in to say it turns out I have the sadbrains today so not up for making an effort this evening. The Amni reread will have to wait for tomorrow but I'm still around for general chatting and ~*opinions*~

Fee better rarity! I’ll make some reads to pick up the slack for you

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

what if toal is scum

I guess that could fit into the weird “L” thing but yeah this is all slightly dirty feeing. Not that’s it is E+ fault that he got this info but it’s probably better that we all know to make it more fair

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m putting down my newspaper to comment that I have no idea what you people are talking about

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well now that's interesting

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sup birb

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

lol. Rarity went no w here

Mmmm hmmm that reminds me of a rarity quote from earlier in this game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Hello friends

I am thinking either Hal or Hawke today. Hal give me any reads you have on anyone or anything. I think you might be the SK.

I think rarity or amni is the SK

If there is still a scum left I think maybe it is beet or possibly hawke

pretty sure you are town, gridlocked is town, toalpaz is town

gaspy is just a celestial being of higher order I would not deign to try and make a read on

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Gridlocked posted:

Is that you saying that or reporting for your apparent real tracker mason bud?

Does it matter?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

im thinking fourth but what’s new

I know I did nothing yesterday but I am a bit surprised that E+ was so easily killed, that claim didn’t end up being particularly scummy, felt more misguided and I think (?) ep had hinted at it earlier. Part of why I think beet is scummy, that was a very safe spot to end the day early before people had a chance to think about anyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m gonna put the newspaper down again for a moment to ##vote beet