Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Horizon Burning posted:

I put off watching Avatar for years but then I watched it a few months ago and it was fantastic. Like, everything about it is just really, really good.

e: what's the thread's stance for Korra? Cause it had bitchin' music and animations, but I still need to suffer thru s2 to get to the good parts.

Musluk fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Aug 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Sokka probably saw how Aang treated kids other than Tenzin and swore not to ever have kids.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

why isn't this a thing though?

A videogame takes effort. Now, there have been good videogames attached to franchises (Arkham games, DC injustice) but it takes a lot of money and monumental effort.

Making a fighting game that is also good is a huge task on top of that. It's a big enough niche that has a lot of loud people making GBS threads on all efforts and writing huge reddit posts about why the game is poo poo, etc etc.

On top of all this, Nick still holds the IP and making a game that's not rated E or T is probably against their guidelines - and a fighting game is probably not going to rate that.

There was actually a Korra game made by Platinum of Bayonetta fame, but it was mediocre and was silently removed from steam and other online markets by Activision 3 years later (license ran out probably).

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MaleInfamousAnhinga-mobile.mp4

tl;dr: nick sucks and won't make a game over T rating