Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who will reign supreme
chipotle
qdoba
moe's
gently caress all this poo poo i'm going to taco bell
some other local bullshit chain no one cares about
View Results

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I know everything in fast food is made by reheating it in a plastic bag submerged in near boiling water but I got some of chipotle's new queso (because their old stuff was terrible and I had to try), and the guy yelled to the back "HEY WE NEED MORE QUESO" at which point the cook was like "I gotchu" and pulled a big bag of the stuff out of a pot with some tongs and just unceremoniously chucked it on the prep table where it kinda glopped around like flubber for a second. It, uh, didn't make me super stoked to try it.

Wasn't terrible though! Their chips on the other hand were stale as hell as usual and had clearly been sitting there for hours.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Midjack posted:

Chipotle’s first queso tasted like dirt and I’m not terribly inclined to give them another chance on it. Wish they’d bring back chorizo.

Yeah it was awful and gritty in a way that made me get it a second time just to make sure that it wasn't hosed up the first time around. The new stuff is much better, although it's still way too expensive and not at all worth it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

They've just also been sitting on the shelf for the last couple of hours

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Space Race Riot posted:

Cheese too of course during the construction process

What kind of cheese? I always just go with the generic taco blend stuff you get in a bag but I did always like the cheese Chipotle uses (Monterey?)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

While Moe's is the best food out of the three I really hate places that force everyone to greet you when you come in the door. Similarly, ordering online at Five Guys and telling them your name and they're like "HEY EVERYONE, ___ IS HERE!" and everyone working the line is obligated to turn around and say "HI ______!" Like, just keep doing what you're doing it's okay if you don't shout me out like I subbed on twitch or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Johnny Truant posted:

i've never seen this greeting thing at the few Moe's i've been to, nor had my name taken at five guys :confused:

The five guys thing was only when you ordered ahead online and gave your name. Maybe it's just a per store thing.