Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I had an effort post I lost, but my recommendation is to get pen to paper and identify some real factors you want in a job. What you’ve written so far is juuussttt I focused enough to allow a bad move, in my opinion.

One way to identify what may be driving your feelings is to write a timeline of your jobs from beginning to now, and write things you like and things you didn’t from each job. Then make a parallel line with big life events and write down where it may have overlapped with a job and had some influence (I.e. you took a big trip you absolutely loved and think about it a lot, and oh yeah you were able to do that because you felt you could take PTO, or you made $Xx salary, or whatever)

Then try and pull all the things you like and don’t like together and find some themes, find the underlying reasons for what may be driving you away from this position and what you really want in the next!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU