Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

clammy posted:

well played
I appreciated your thoughts in Discord last night. Been thinking about them all morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Linux Pirate posted:

You're a pal and a confidante.

1: Fine I guess. I'm more of a mustard man.
2: Rare to medium-rare only.
3: Any bean is serine.
4: Only acceptable in very specific settings.
5: Pepperoni, sausage, spinach, artichoke, black olives, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, eggplant, pepperoncinis, anchovies (never tried em) . And only NY style pizza, non of that Chicago bullshit. I've never tried hawaiian pizza but would at least once. I get the hate, but for me it's hotdogs on pizzas or ham and BBQ that raise my ire. I love BBQ just not on pizza.

Ok now tell me how you feel about

Burritos and your favorite ingredients
Your feelings on bad old movies
Favorite alcoholic beverage or cocktail
Drug of choice
Fruit rollups, gushers, or fruit by the foot?
Your feelings on chumbawamba's tubthumping

I like San Diego style carne asada burrito with guacamole and sour cream and additional cilantro. All other burrito and filings are inferior but largely acceptable because all burritos rule hard

Bad old movies are good as long as they are not too bad and too old. For example my favorite movie is top gun

I don't drink very much but i like a g&t, knobb's creek or maker's neat, and strawberry daiquiris

Gushers obvs, none of the other fruit snacks will jizz in my mouth

Weed

No

E: no, poo poo, i meant gin and juice. A gin blossom i guess?

titties fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 16, 2020

titties
May 10, 2012

Also sorry, i forgot to ask in my last post but do you know how to do usenet and will you teach me how to do it tia

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

titties posted:

Also sorry, i forgot to ask in my last post but do you know how to do usenet and will you teach me how to do it tia

Yeah it's easy you just put your copy of chumbawamba's tubthumping into your CD-ROM drive (the little tray that goes in and out on the front end of your computer machine)

(Seriously response: No. My brother probably could, I think he has his certificate. I am very bad at computing and have a wing-it approach in that if I need to do something I'll learn it from other people on the internet, same if I have a technical issue. I could probably teach you about the Unreal 4 engine, any engine relating to the half life games, 3DS Max and 3D modeling in general, or digital and traditional animation and illustration.)

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Another question though:

Why it be like it do?

titties
May 10, 2012

Linux Pirate posted:

Another question though:

Why it be like it do?

Reagan

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

:hmmyes:

titties
May 10, 2012

They don't think it be like it is but it do

Also do you love egirls making Japanese sex face as much as i definitely do?

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

titties posted:

They don't think it be like it is but it do

Also do you love egirls making Japanese sex face as much as i definitely do?

That's a no from me, bud. But I'm glad it makes my buddy happy.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Star Me Kitten posted:

I am glad you liked the song. Here is a song from an Isaac Brock side project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IjnnDzmODk

Pound's more brief imagist poems are what I had in mine. Like these:

In a Station of the Metro

The apparition of these faces in the crowd;
Petals on a wet, black bough.

Alba

As cool as the pale wet leaves
of lily-of-the-valley
She lay beside me in the dawn.

Reflection

I know that what Nietzsche said is true,
And yet
I saw the face of a little child in the street,
And it was beautiful.

I have researched and studied Symbolist poetry (though it has been a long while) and found the major poets (Rimbaud, Baudelaire, Mallarme, and Verlaine) and their works to be highly fascinating as well as their lives and how they constructed their style. I agree, translations take away from the purity of the original version, but I am excited to read someone's personal translation. Have you ever translated anything from Les Fleurs du mal? I completely agree with you when you talk about separation of art from the artist. I could not have put it better. I threw that in my post to obviate the need for a conversation about Pound's personal life--A lot of people do not separate the two. Do you read fiction as well?

e: It is a shame how realistic that view is: nothing is sacred.

i am awoke.
i'm in a european time zone, but i cannot bear the daylight so i sleep from daybreak to dusk. summer tortures me so, leaving little time.
i fear we're rapidly approaching the limits of decency in a public forum, although i have a lot to say.

i, too, have taken great interest in the lives of those whose work i read. i sought context and from it hoped to derive knowledge, in fact this was the motivator. i spent some years sequestered so i could avoid distraction by individuals or the internet just to try and answer questions i had about myself and studying the works of others, or their lives, was a significant part of that. works of fiction were prevalent during this period as well. a lot of science fiction and many of Philip K. Dick's (more highly troubled artists) novels with a particular interest in his experiences with drugs and personal identity (themes that are common for me to engage with).

primarily i learnt that knowledge is a burden and the greater your familiarity with the written word the crueler your condemnation. i'm being somewhat whimsical; condensing years of my life to a sentence is difficult.
i've been speaking in the past tense because although i still read and write, it is not nearly as intense as it was then and i'm not looking to return there anytime soon. i already wrote a book about it, after all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfpJKNMQ3gc

i won't say i'm surprised you've brought up 'Les Fleurs du mal,' but i'm not sure it's appropriate to elucidate here. to tackle it extremely vaguely; love is my only Vice and the core of my being. we would need to sit down together and talk about it.

Pale shades and deathly grays, the twilight of a life.
To hear the sound when no one's around, the cutting of a knife.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Also I just want to say. My buddy has rocking set of username.

titties
May 10, 2012

I love you

titties
May 10, 2012

Just kidding i have no capacity to love unless you are a neon-haired tik tok girl

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

titties posted:

Just kidding i have no capacity to love unless you are a neon-haired tik tok girl

gently caress

nut
Jul 30, 2019

hahaha aw thanks for noticing. ya me and margerette and the kids are all great, kind of you to ask!

titties
May 10, 2012

My buddy and meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

titties
May 10, 2012

I have been thinking of the silky smooth posts of my buddy

The posts smell like sunlight and honeysuckle and they feel like comfort

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

titties posted:

I have been thinking of the silky smooth posts of my buddy

Oh you :blush:

But nah my posts are almost always objectionably bad most of the time. And that ain't self loathing. Getting buzzed and posting don't work for this cowpoke.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDfLETGv28g

titties
May 10, 2012

https://youtu.be/r3AP26ywQsQ

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

As George Michael puts it, I'm very glad you are not my brother, nor my father. I have yet to hear from my sister. I'm hoping the answer is the same.

Not that you ain't pass out gorgeous, and I know the Willie Nelson song did have it's sexual overtones. I'm just looking for a buddy.

Then again George Michael is very persuasive...

C-C-C-Come on

Linux Pirate fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Aug 18, 2020

titties
May 10, 2012

Linux Pirate posted:

As George Michael puts it, I'm very glad you are not my brother, nor my father. I have yet to hear from my sister. I'm hoping the answer is the same.

Not that you ain't pass out gorgeous, and I know the Willie Nelson song did have it's sexual overtones. I'm just looking for a buddy.

Then again George Michael is very persuasive...

C-C-C-Come on

Is okay, you can't get pregnant if it your first time

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
i miss my buddy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h95e8CG80Q

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
Hello vampire buddy. I like the last song you sent. Work has clogged up my time and turned my brain to mush this week. Philip K. Dick is a great writer.. postmodern i think? Of course he is troubled. After all, he is genius.. following your line of thought there that knowledge is a burden. Do you like Pynchon?

I have phases where I write and read a lot and phases where I move on to other things. Right now in life, I am doing a lot of both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjS6lV1UnL0

I have been happy with the various levels of discourse ive found on SA. I guess it depends on the thread and the subforum, though. And people won't stop asking me about my reg date which has become super annoying? I don't really get it. I know some big drama went down here but I only looked into it insofar as to know not to spend money because I really don't care about the drama. I am here for conversation. Oh well.

I hope my buddy's day is going well.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Star Me Kitten posted:

Hello vampire buddy. I like the last song you sent. Work has clogged up my time and turned my brain to mush this week. Philip K. Dick is a great writer.. postmodern i think? Of course he is troubled. After all, he is genius.. following your line of thought there that knowledge is a burden. Do you like Pynchon?

I have phases where I write and read a lot and phases where I move on to other things. Right now in life, I am doing a lot of both.

spare the explanation.
do not mistake my posts for insistence, i enjoy using your absence as an excuse to post music or harass you because i'm a selfish arsehole.

i haven't read any Pynchon, mostly out of time concerns, for i seem to have an endless amount yet never enough. perhaps i'm irritated he shares my first name.
if i placed all the books i want to read in front of me, which would i pick? and why would it be none of them. questions and my dimwitted answers.

i'm feeling whimsical again, forgive me.

Star Me Kitten posted:

I have been happy with the various levels of discourse ive found on SA. I guess it depends on the thread and the subforum, though. And people won't stop asking me about my reg date which has become super annoying? I don't really get it. I know some big drama went down here but I only looked into it insofar as to know not to spend money because I really don't care about the drama. I am here for conversation. Oh well.

I hope my buddy's day is going well.

you chose a very poor time to arrive on the forums. any money spent right now goes into the pocket of the owner who has physically and emotionally abused 3? women (including wives), disowned his young children and effectively embezzled hundreds of thousands of dollars donated/paid by goons under false pretences. so anyone giving money to him right now is universally reviled (with good reason).

in fact a significant population of the forum are in limbo (including me) and will leave or at least shout loudly if a proposed transfer of site ownership falls through. there's a lot more to the story than that stretching back two decades but suffice to say Something Awful has never been closer to total destruction. it only seems calm because admins have decided pretending nothing is wrong is the way forward, while they routinely lock the routine threads about it. if we're lucky there might even be a brutal suppression against posters like me, eventually.

my existence continues unburdened by reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0itGqFgY4ts

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Strumpie posted:

spare the explanation.
do not mistake my posts for insistence, i enjoy using your absence as an excuse to post music or harass you because i'm a selfish arsehole.

Hahaha, don't make me glomp you in front of everybody!

(this is not my reply)

Send more music in the interim!

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
curious who will be my gbs buddy

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Star Me Kitten posted:

Send more music in the interim!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4BraF2gDxc

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

You have great musical taste. You've introduced me to some new stuff. Thanks man.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

titties posted:

Is okay, you can't get pregnant if it your first time

Being my buddy, I'm gonna assume you only tell the truth to your buddy. I'll take this as fact.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Buddy ever have a Tijuana mama? It's horrible nutrition wise, but as far a road trip food goes, they're up there.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I think clammy died. RIP clammy

titties
May 10, 2012

Linux Pirate posted:

Buddy ever have a Tijuana mama? It's horrible nutrition wise, but as far a road trip food goes, they're up there.

Yes. I love all of the tube meat

I worked night shift at a gas station and my diet back then was largely Dutch chocolate milk, jalapeño cheddar sandwich crackers, tube meats, and expired hostess cakes

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

titties posted:

Yes. I love all of the tube meat

I worked night shift at a gas station and my diet back then was largely Dutch chocolate milk, jalapeño cheddar sandwich crackers, tube meats, and expired hostess cakes

Jesus Christ how are you still alive? I guess you've got so many preservatives in your body that death is warded off.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Sorry didn't mean that in a mean way. I'd probably have done the same.

What's the weirdest customer experience you've had?

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Star Me Kitten posted:

You have great musical taste.

there's still time to change that opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZys8w67MxY

i'm a monster.

titties
May 10, 2012

Linux Pirate posted:

Sorry didn't mean that in a mean way. I'd probably have done the same.

What's the weirdest customer experience you've had?

Nothing super interesting, i live in a relatively small "city" with a population of 10k so its all pretty mundane.

It was next door to the titty bar so you would get the small- town strippers with their moist singles and halfhearted flirting, the bakery driver doing morning rounds at 3am (already drunk and buying lotto), and a ton of people getting ready for 1st shift at a factory.

I had a drunk guy one time who insisted that a bottle of soda which had come to room temperature couldn't be put back into the cooler and sold, he was cussing me out and threatening to report me to the bbb. He got mad when i laughed in his face and wanted to fight.

The guy who was on shift before me was still there so i was like gently caress it, I'm going to beat up a drunk guy but once i came around the counter he was like "nah, nah, gently caress you you'll just call the cops" and left. I'm small and unintimidating he just didn't think anyone was going to do poo poo

One time i had an enormous guy who got mad about the price of a 1 litre bottle of coke so he just took it and walked out of the store slowly while staring me down. I let him because I'm not going to fight a guy who has 150 lbs and 5" in height over me for a $2 drink

During the county fair we had a 2-week run of counterfeit money. Counterfeit $1 and $5 and one time a counterfeit $2. Who loving makes these?

The best one was when two 18-year-olds came in to buy rolling papers. I did d20 natural crit inspection of both their ID's and sold them the papes.

5 minutes later they come back and ask for a roller so i sell them a roller.

10 minutes later they walk back in and drop a pack of papers, a roller, and a fistful of mangled weed on the counter and go "can you pleeeeeeease just do it for us" and i told them to get the gently caress out

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Strumpie posted:

there's still time to change that opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZys8w67MxY

i'm a monster.

I read some of your post history before I buddied up with you. We are the same breed of monster.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I choose faaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrt.

Check it out the coolant requirements are basically non existent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

titties posted:

The best one was when two 18-year-olds came in to buy rolling papers. I did d20 natural crit inspection of both their ID's and sold them the papes.

5 minutes later they come back and ask for a roller so i sell them a roller.

10 minutes later they walk back in and drop a pack of papers, a roller, and a fistful of mangled weed on the counter and go "can you pleeeeeeease just do it for us" and i told them to get the gently caress out

That's hilarious. I'm empathic too a fault to gently caress with peeps, especially nervous teens (but not the rolling part, what the hell?) But as far as dudes who have that "I'll kill you for a carton of cigs/whatever" energy." Yeah gently caress that. I'll take the financial hit at the 7ll, Valero, Loaf N' Jug, just so I don't get my rear end beat/killed over soda or cigs.