Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

My wife is looking at a Cricut and I'm kind of hesistant to buy stuff that has huge marketing campaigns behind it they tend to be overpriced/underfunctional. I'm willing to spend up to like $1,000 but wanted some advice from someone who does this stuff.

I looked at printer/cutter combos and they're super expensive so it looks like I'm limited to get a printer and cutter separately. Is getting just a niceish small printer and a Cricut not dumb for this sort of thing? Or if anyone has any recommendations that would be great. This isn't for anything entrepreneurial it's just to make dumb stickers and t-shirts of our dogs and stuff so I'm not concerned with volume or speed, just quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Yeah we went ahead and got one I asked around on some other places and got the impression that they're good cutters. Thanks!