Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

We've got a PPV in the little cage at the Apex tonight!

Main Card - ESPN+ PPV, 10PM ET

Main Event: Heavyweight Title - Stipe Miocic vs Daniel "DC" Cormier

How we got here: Daniel thumbed Stipe in the eye and socked him in the jaw on the clinch break in the first fight. Then Stipe socked Daniel in the guts in the second fight. Now they fight a third time.

Co-Main Event: Bantamweight - "Sugar" Sean O'Malley vs Marlon "Chito" Vera

How we got here: O'Malley made a name for himself by knocking out a guy on Dana White's Contender Series, and having Snoop Dogg yell about it. O'Malley then beat Terrion Ware (currently in the midst of a 6-fight losing skid), Andre Soukhamthath (too dumb to stand up), Jose Alberto Quinones (he seems actually decent), and Eddie Wineland (old n busted). Marlon Vera has been in the UFC since 2014, racking up 14 fights in those 6 years, going 9-5 (though that Song fight was p dang close). Oh, also, let's not forget that the Suga Show is powered by Ostarine.

Heavyweight - Junior "Cigano" Dos Santos vs Jairzinho "Bigi Boy" Rozenstruick

how we got here: JDS is a former champion, way back in 2011. Junior's currently on a 2-fight losing skid, having been nuked by N'Gannou, and getting sliced by the Razor Blaydes. Rozenstruik's also feeling the effects of Francis N'Gannou punches (They're not good. For your head), having lost to "The Predator" in 20 seconds back in May. Both dudes are strikers, but Junior always has the possibility he will "go for the take him down" to neutralize Jairzinho's kickboxing background.

"Featherweight" - Daniel "The Pit" Pineda vs Herbert "The Blaze" Burns

How we got here: Burns' baby bro has done quite a lot, like beating Tim Nasty, the guy that upset Eddie Alvarez in his ONE Championship debut. Herbert also won on Dana's Contender Series, and knocked out Nate "AY MAN, THIS IS A EASY FIGHT, IT'S JUST GILBERT BURNS' LIL BROTHER. WHAT'S THE WORST THAT COULD *HURK*" Landwehr. The SmolBurns is currently riding a 5 fight, 5 finish win streak (2 in the UFC). Pineda is a long time vet, having beaten the likes of Johnny "Ohio?" Bedford, failed clone of Green Bay Packers coach Vince Libardi, and Kier GOOCH. He also dropped a few fights to Chas Skelly on the regional scene. Pineda did make it to the UFc back in 2012, going 3-4. He bounced around Bellator before joining the Professional Fighters League, beating 2 dudes in 1 night, except he failed a drug test and both were overturned to No Contests. Anyway, Pineda hasn't technically lost since 2017, riding 4 straight wins, all finishes on the D-leagues.

Bantamweight - John "The Magician" Dodson vs Merab "The Machine" Dvalishvili

How we got here: Dodson is a two-time loser of the "ok, but now you gotta fight DJ" sweepstakes, and has since moved up to bantamweight, and also has not managed to win 2 in a row dating back to 2015. He is notable for getting kicked in the junk numerous times per fight, and secretly being a squirrel transmogrified into a (tiny) man. Dvalishvili, sporting the edge all-black papakha, dropped his first 2 UFC bouts, but has won his last 4, all by decision. Expect to hear some excited Serra/Longo hollering

Prelims - 8PM ET, ESPN, ESPN+

Jim Miller is cool
I like Livinha Souza

Early Prelims - 7PM ET, UFC Fight Pass

i dont know who these dorks are :iiam:

e: well, except this
https://twitter.com/LegKickTKO/status/1294752509676879872

DON'T FORGET TO SUBMIT YOUR PICKS FOR GOONWEIGHT

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3933691

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

DC gonna win

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
I want Miocic to win just to avoid the farce of DC retiring as champ and having Miocic-Ngannou fight for the vacant title

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I want Cormier to win explicitly for the farce stuff

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

chaleski posted:

DC gonna win

Nah he gonna get hit in the belly really hard again.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
https://twitter.com/LegKickTKO/status/1294752509676879872

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

DC wins, Ngannou vs Lewis II for the vacant title while Stipe is recovering.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Dom is going to be insufferable all night isn't he?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Back in the small cage, you love to see it

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Kelley got mad and started talking to Kamaka and landed some really good shots before letting himself get taken down there.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

after nearly 3 years now of DC talking about retiring, i would like stipe to knock his rear end the heck out and send him into retirement for good. go stipe

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I don't know who these guys are and I could keep watching them kick the poo poo out of each other all night

Someone throw a crowbar in there, let's make tonight forever

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

This loving fight owns

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Ugh, terrible decision and timing on that guillotine

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Ugh, terrible decision and timing on that guillotine

yep and right in the middle of the cage, neutralizing his most advanced technique, the fence grab

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

nardshot tally: 1

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Aye Doc posted:

after nearly 3 years now of DC talking about retiring, i would like stipe to knock his rear end the heck out and send him into retirement for good. go stipe

Extremely same

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

You are still responsible for your weapons which, as we know, have to be legally registered with Nevada in accordance with the film Con Air

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Good fight would watch again

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

time for some dregs, bebby

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Praying to the trashweight gods to bless us, rooting for the one that isn't a cop

Rude_Dude
Jun 2, 2009
some real bad tattoos in this fight

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

bad fight, good KO

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Which one was the cop?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
dang those are some fats

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Which one was the cop?

The one who won, unfortunately.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Its not Condom Depot but now we have TROJANS

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I’m getting this because I got to cheer on my fellow dad bod dad Cormier

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Daukass was actually really impressive with his accuracy for his big gangly size. Definitely not your standard wysiwyg trash garbage although granted, he's still fighting the nobodies, that a decent first outing for him in the UFC.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Do it ironically posted:

I’m getting this because I got to cheer on my fellow dad bod dad Cormier

I want only good and wonderful things for best dad, Daniel Cormier :hmmyes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Punch her loving mouth."

Can't really argue with the cornering logic I guess.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

that's 2 low blows tonight for those of you keeping score at home

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Oh gently caress off

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

i ate some mediocre bbq and caught up on the fatman fight and the ladyfight

time to get locked in for some more fight

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

i ate some mediocre bbq and caught up on the fatman fight and the ladyfight

time to get locked in for some more fight

You should have caught up on the Kamaka vs Kelley fight instead, it was really good.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
This is cool, my leg hurts watching though

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

*pounds table*

leg kick tko!

Leg Kick TKO!!!

LEG KICK TKO!!!!!!!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Brut posted:

You should have caught up on the Kamaka vs Kelley fight instead, it was really good.

i saw that one live, it did rule

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

i saw that one live, it did rule

Watch it again :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Gotta say, this is the kind of loss that makes me a fan of the fighter, that's a legit 3rd round effort considering the beating he'd taken. Chavez lookin impressive as hell though.