Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your favourite Coen Brothers movie?
Blood Simple
Raising Arizona
Miller's Crossing
Barton Fink
The Hudsucker Proxy
Fargo
The Big Lebowski
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
The Man Who Wasn't There
Intolerable Cruelty
The Ladykillers
No Country For Old Men
Burn After Reading
A Serious Man
True Grit
Inside Llewlyn Davis
Hail, Caesar!
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
View Results

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Dreylad posted:

My favourite is True Grit, even though I know No Country and O Brother are probably better overall movies.

Everything about the film was wonderful, the acting, the script, the direction. Just perfect. It was dumb that Steinfeld was nominated for Best Supporting Actress when she's the main character.

I think they were trying to give her a fair shot to win, when if she was nomiated for the big one she is going against the Meryl Streeps of the world.

Steinfeld was amazing in True Grit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
"The Gal Who Got Rattled" is by far my favorite segment in Buster Scruggs. It's unusually sweet for the Coens, despite a sub-optimal outcome for the leads.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I voted in the poll even though I hadn't seen all that many of their movies, I've been rectifying that over the last couple of weeks and I have no regrets because I enjoyed every one of them immensely so far. Hail, Caesar! too. Just watched True Grit last night, next one will probably be A Serious Man. Thanks for making the thread, OP.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Intolerable Cruelty shouldn't be included in the poll since they did not direct it. And if we're including films they wrote but didn't direct then we need to add Bridge of Spies

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Happy Hippo posted:

Intolerable Cruelty shouldn't be included in the poll since they did not direct it. And if we're including films they wrote but didn't direct then we need to add Bridge of Spies

lol bro it was literally written and directed by them, it has rewrites by other people but then they rewrote it again. Its also hot garbage.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

lol bro it was literally written and directed by them, it has rewrites by other people but then they rewrote it again. Its also hot garbage.

Oh yeah, okay, it was, you're right. I knew it wasn't a "pure" Coen movie in some way but got it wrong exactly how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Happy Hippo posted:

Oh yeah, okay, it was, you're right. I knew it wasn't a "pure" Coen movie in some way but got it wrong exactly how.

I mean I sincerely wish you were right lol