Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Wrex Ruckus posted:

jesus how do you do a zip in a VR game without projectile vomitting

Honestly the idea of VR speedrunning brought that question/issue to me in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

lmao @ a skip being impossible/harder if you're shorter IRL.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

because it came up in chat and because the idea and execution are both hysterical,

that is a Japanese woman setting the Ring Fit Adventure Intensity 30 speed run world record. The run lasts over 17 hours, and if you skip around the video (dear god please don't watch the whole thing) you'll notice that it's not a situation you can cheese, she's actually playing the game. there's a lot of breaks and loading built into the game but it's still pretty fuckin' insane

edit: I dunno what's up with that video link, this one should work

Lmao at the like, near constant mini-presses to presumably grind xp. It also seems like there's certainly some exercises you can kinda cheese/make easier, but it's clear there's still a ton of physicality involved.

That's still insanely wild. I'm exhausted after like 15-20 minutes.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Anfauglir posted:

that marauder skip is just hilarious

The quick kill in Taras Nabad :stare:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

glad I stayed up for this

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

viewership is down by like more than half compared to average I think so it's not exactly a surprise

That almost feels surprising - I figured there would be more people free to watch (work from home folk at the least) - but I guess the change in format turned some people off.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

YorexTheMad posted:

I'm not particularly surprised about the viewership or donations all things considered, I just hope the drop doesn't end up being demoralizing to the people working and running because it's still been an amazing week.

I have to imagine organizers expectations are somewhat tempered given all the circumstances. Given they're at 880$k now, they'll almost certainly hit 1 mill, and the last day always sees a lot, they'll still have a lot to be proud of.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

speaking of the DLC, it sounds like they just announced the 2 mill incentive is a run of Isle of Armor?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Nether portal with no diamond pick was funny to see, particularly with how quickly they did it.

DC Murderverse posted:

what a bad opinion. Let's Go was really fun and a much better looking game than Sw/Sh, and I like Sw/Sh for the most part. It just has the same problem as X/Y, it is the first game on a new system and there's a lot of little things it lacks

A revisit of Gen 1 with no battling rando pokemon, and basically nothing major added just seemed like a really tough sell. Glad people had fun with it, but just seemed like not the strongest game to me.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

That was a pretty solid end though.

Exploding a dragon with beds.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think the only GDQ "end on an RPG" that jived for me was Super Mario RPG. That game is just kinda interesting regardless, and I remember the runner/couch having a good dynamic.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

babypolis posted:

its kinda amazing/horrifying to watch comedy stuff from the aughts and realize how many of the punchlines boil down to "hahah butt sex. they are gay. they have sex with other men, and like dicks. gay. lol"

It's that spaceman meme "Wait it's all toxic masculinity? Always has been."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Given they managed to raise 2 million with an online event, I can't see a good reason for them to risk an in-person event in 2021.

ElegantFugue posted:

It's also going to be in Florida, though, right? So the fact that there's no way the Governor of the state will declare any kind of emergency means they're going to have to work something out with the hotel they'd originally reserved?
Do they book/reserve that far in advance? I would have to imagine given how far out AGDQ is from the start of the pandemic, they can't possibly be locked in / are reliant on that sort of emergency clause to get out of their venue booking. Also, where does SGDQ go normally? Did they need the clause to get out of those bookings?