Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

what a brutal game to have turn into the cursed run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol, I definitely do not envy what the tech team has been tasked with coordinating in this whole thing. Can't help but feel all the extra interviews and ad breaks was maybe to allow for some cushions in anticipation of this stuff

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

this game is becoming more totally broken by the minute lol, and she's even missed at least one thing that would break it further

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'd thought to skip this because I'll play it eventually, but doesn't seem like I'm gonna have much spoiled here lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Never not post, imho

Just hog wild, theres no law against it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao that galaxy brain boss skip

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chat goes wild every time some cop gets their rear end kicked in a game lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

a good way to get into speedrunning is a finding a game with no submitted runs, beating it at a casual pace, and becoming a de facto world record holder

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ButterSkeleton posted:

You could also run a game with an unusual controller like the donkey kong bongos. Im sure you could find some success in any game doing that

MonotoneTim did an Ocarina of Time run with an actual Ocarina, he should submit that

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jed!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

if it was everybody playing against each other at once I'd like to see the items, loses some of the fun when it's the CPU using it because the speedrunner never gets anything good

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Days Gone meets Sonic

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

is there an awful block this time? those are always my favorite parts

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

these special stages are a lot less nausea inducing than the version BigJon runs

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zinkraptor posted:

Awful block is just an AGDQ thing, unfortunately.

:(

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Gonna be real awkward if this 80k run doesn't happen because the runner's internet crapped out

RE was the 80k one wasn't it?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Seems better now, windows probably just recognized he was doing something critically important so stated downloading an update

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I see the word Horsepital on screen

The Coach Z font is a little nonstandard

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SGDQ ASMR FMV

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MORE TAXES WHEN posted:

wow, cold. murdering your partner like that.

Also, apparently that answers where the traps lead - into an endless void.

No witnesses. 102nd capture was the floor of the control room dropping out

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hunt11 posted:

I am disappointed in the lack of pringle eating during the run.

1:1 Pringle%

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

This is gonna be nuts isnt it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I hope some people gain a foolish level of confidence thinking this will help them with the game and pick it up

I've watched people struggle for hours over some of these lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It's either the best puzzle game ever made or best galaxy brain game ever made but it's definitely one of the two

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"Now we're gonna start doing funny things with this stage"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jesus lmfao

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pretty clear, turning the cursor into a concept of itself that can be manipulated by the level itself which was turned into the protagonist allows you to defeat the world mapand unlock a nested level of sub world maps in which the levels themselves are levels and also functions of a meta puzzle that is the world which is actually multiple puzzles

From there it gets a bit more complicated

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Aug 21, 2020

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nemo2342 posted:

At first I wanted to play this but then it broke my mind but then the dev dropped 10k so uh what?

It's a great game, you should definitely play it. You'll never oscillate more rapidly between feeling like the dumbest idiot to ever exist and the king of geniuses and back

The pacing you just saw is....not indicative of a normal gameplay experience even by the standards of a speedrun

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nemo2342 posted:

It looks like I own it through the Fight for Racial Justice bundle, so I guess I have no reason not to.

Yep! Both it and a short hike from a bit ago are in there, most here probably already own it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

That almost feels surprising - I figured there would be more people free to watch (work from home folk at the least) - but I guess the change in format turned some people off.

if I had to guess it's because the streamers who would normally be taking the week off to attend are all streaming instead and people aren't as glued to it for as long

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I always feel like those huge goals that are rapidly approaching will never be hit, then they do, but it really feels like 400k for Minecraft may be a bit high even with all the sub/bit/yetee stuff being added soon

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lord almighty the bot is breaking this game

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I played Sword/Shield after not having played Pokemon since red/blue and enjoyed it a lot. Good game, good times.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I liked swish and am glad that the final evening isnt a 10 hour block of 20 minute platformers

Death Stranding is down to around 6 hours apparently, they should've ended it with that with the couch dedicated to explaining the lore. Donation train is every time you get confused you donate 5 bucks

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I think Souls like games are massively overrated and not fun to play or watch but I had the presence of mind to not whine about it and just did something else instead. It's a good strategy I highly recommend it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Raihan gym battle is indeed byllshit tho lol. Writers all got canned or reassigned to the gatcha or smtg, all the ground work in the lore to establish a doubles theme and then just...nothing lmao

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hopefully when things can go live again in 2022 they let the still condemned plague states of the US attend via remote

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

You're free to say you weren't happy with whatever game, what I dont get is why I should care or what it has to do with anything in a GDQ thread. Who cares, yell about it in the pokemon thread or whatever

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Borsche69 posted:

Alright if you want to make it speedrun specific then I'll give you this: pokemon runs are awful because they're long as hell and they are way too RNG based and have very little execution involved. The current runner had to reset because he didn't get a drilbur after like 6 attempts on a quickball/duskball! A comparison would be the Twilight Princess run, which was long as hell, but the runner always has to execute multiple very interesting tricks and game breaking sequences. Yeah, R/B has some cool tricks, but that's also a solved run - something like sword/shield should be a 4AM tuesday run.

I agree, tho I think the flaw with this one in particular is that it just uses like 3 pokemon in total. Ending with the glorious clusterfuck of a gen 1 all 151 run is better imho. Way crazier and lots more money to raise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"Playing the game like normal but really good" is hard to makecompelling, like racing and brawler games. Gotta punch it up with lots of craziness