Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

this is a thread for anyone who feels like the world has lost its poo poo. just post whatever you feel like about it. let's post while rome burns.

so we have a global pandemic and an inept president who is actively attempting to perform a fascist takeover of the mechanisms of governance in our country. also there are fire tornadoes in california. just use this thread to dump in whatever you feel about the world currently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

can't trust a fart smh

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I've had seven anvils and two pianos dropped on me this week alone. I've loving had it.

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

im literally expecting to see a katamari ball roll up my street and pluck me up any day now

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I have had a couple guys performatively cough all over everything at work. No surprise they're from Lake Oswego.

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

my dog died im sad posted:

I have had a couple guys performatively cough all over everything at work. No surprise they're from Lake Oswego.

lol more like lake no negro

e: because it's a segregated community and the cops there racially profile like harcore

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Stop crapping on Lake Oswego!! <:saddowns:>

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

Pick posted:

sorry i didnt mean to poo poo on the community where the mayor actively harasses people who exercise their right to access the waterway

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I've had seven anvils and two pianos dropped on me this week alone. I've loving had it.

same op, now I walk around with a torso like an accordion

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

lake oswego is a rich white people land that unfortunately for them is a municipality and not an actual gated community, so while it segregates itself as best it can it's actually legally accesible by any citizen regardless of their skin color, little known fact

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Pick posted:

No.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I'll stop when they stop crapping all over the metro area and just being terrible no good people.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
How in the heck does everyone know so much about this lake?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
'The population in 2010 was 36,619, a 3.8% increase over the 2000 population of 35,278. Historian James W. Loewen reports it has a reputation as an "elite white suburb" that locals often call the city "Lake No Negro".[5]"

Well I'll be a son of a...

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Yup.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

While we're on this derail, what's up with the percentage of people on the forums being from Oregon, and why does it seem higher than in the actual state of Oregon? I'm down with it, I'm from here too, but it's always struck me as odd

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

The world isnt really that different, it's mostly just America making GBS threads its pants repeatedly

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

kecske posted:

same op, now I walk around with a torso like an accordion

And you can't even kill yourself to escape this nightmare because some loving do-gooders put trampolines at the bottom of every cliff.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Funky See Funky Do posted:

And you can't even kill yourself to escape this nightmare because some loving do-gooders put trampolines at the bottom of every cliff.
Umm just don't realize you're walking off the cliff until you're clear

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
every time a stick of dynamite blows up inside me a puff of smoke comes out of my nose while a sad trombone plays, is that normal??

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
https://i.imgur.com/jak4v7A.gifv

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i just cant stop goign AHOOOOGA and extending my eyes like telescopes at pretty ladies in yoga pants

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Saw a meme that was "I'm not buying a PS5, it's 2020, it's probably a Decepticon"

Totally agree

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

The rest of the world looks at the USA like the USA looks at Florida

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The President of the United States is somehow the dumbest person alive and the most arrogant person alive. He saw a boat like 3 months ago with a Trump flag and now tweets at least once a week about "THE BOATERS" because he thinks every normal American has a boat with a Trump flag on it and proudly boats around all weekend.

We're not even allowed to leave our loving houses to go do things except go to work, and odds are you'll probably get COVID at work. So you better hope to God you're not one of the people that seems to have the genetic makeup to have your lungs turn to goo when you catch it. And if you have any kind of empathy at all you're avoiding seeing other people out of fear of infecting them.

Meanwhile, every single Republican is either dumb as a loving post and think disease comes from an imbalance in the bodily humours or they just do not care about human life.

Beyond all of this, we found out UFOs are real and the US Government has been cataloging them for years and admits they have no clue what they are, but because everything is so loving dumb all the time it doesn't matter and nobody cares.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Theres a whole generation of kids being raised by this constant barrage of bare naked corruption and surreal horrorshow news. These are the same kids raised by school shootings, early Covid openings, and unprescedented public school defunding.

This is their normal. Theyre not going to be “remarking” on this like some persistent Pikuchu face of “oh my god look how bad things have gotten oh my goooooood”

Frankly, theyll probably be more fun to talk to. The rhetoric gets old. These threads get old.

I predict theyll overcorrect like a motherfucker. Little wannabe Harvey Dents everywhere. Wish I could be around to see it.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I hate mondays irl

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Icochet posted:

I hate mondays irl

I hate irl on mondays

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

sure okay posted:

Theres a whole generation of kids being raised by this constant barrage of bare naked corruption and surreal horrorshow news. These are the same kids raised by school shootings, early Covid openings, and unprescedented public school defunding.

This is their normal.
Sorry you were a kid who didn't read and believed the bullshit lies society told you. When I was six years old in the mid-90's I had a nervous breakdown I was going to inevitably be drafted and "die on some godforsaken rock" and you know what? I'm glad I got all that out early. You guys seem so tense all the time.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
There's a whole group of grown rear end adults walking around right now that have not spent a second of their lives without constant pocket access to all the information of the world at their fingertips in 4k at 60 fps and they are all unbelievably moronic.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

redm posted:

There's a whole group of grown rear end adults walking around right now that have not spent a second of their lives without constant pocket access to all the information of the world at their fingertips in 4k at 60 fps and they are all unbelievably moronic.

This is 100% not true.

I'd be willing to bet they're, in general, better educated, more motivated, and more socially adept and aware than the preceding generation(s).
The amount of information, education, and civil responsibility shown in the recent protest movement by young people was remarkable to a WILD degree, and you'd be a fool not to recognize that ability in that generation.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

redm posted:

It's a combination of life changing very rapidly since they were kids that they can't handle and that they all get lead poisoning as kids from cars

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jose posted:

It's a combination of life changing very rapidly since they were kids that they can't handle and that they all get lead poisoning as kids from cars

he's talking about adults younger than you, Jose.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

we live int he gargoyles universe now where me and my buddies goliath, desdemona, hudson, brooklyn, lexington, broadway, bronx, angela, fu-dog, othello, egwardo, nashville and katanaa protect the good citizens of manhattan from evil and overpriced rioja

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Saw a meme that was "I'm not buying a PS5, it's 2020, it's probably a Decepticon"

Totally agree

Nah, it was Sega consoles you had to watch out for.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Everyone's constantly goin off on amazon being this big evil corporation but ain't no one talking about ACME who are EVERYWHERE

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

yikes! posted:

Everyone's constantly goin off on amazon being this big evil corporation but ain't no one talking about ACME who are EVERYWHERE

Listen, they do a lot of good things, too. If you need hyper realistic paint at 3 am on a Tuesday because you need to paint a tunnel on the side of a mountain, what are you supposed to do? If there wasn't a demand for their stuff and their 30 minutes or less delivery they wouldn't exist.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
The air is on fire

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
My wife calls me Droopy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It's 2020 and I can't even have an anime girlfriend yet, what is all this technology even for???