Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Alright, tossing mine up now. Dual Rods for Relm's buff; 300% Demon, 125% Beast; man is there a lack of Magic Beast Killer, geez. I could have thrown out some beast on the BS form for extra LB damage but I don't know if everyone can work in an LB or two into that rotation or if it even matters.

Nice to see some Eldryn clears. Glad people are getting use out of him beyond the STMR, also fun to see Rivera pop up again. I know people want the Fryevias and Esthers of the world to see a NVA but I want Myra and Rivera. Love me some good support units and I don't think, since pulling for Rivera on her banner I ever actually used her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Still catching up on older trials so if anyone wants to throw up a Terra NV with either 300% dark resist or guts in her base form so I can take down the extreme White Dragon, I would appreciate it. ID is 846 434 646. Hopefully, I'll be able to return the favor sometime.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

purkey posted:

Still catching up on older trials so if anyone wants to throw up a Terra NV with either 300% dark resist or guts in her base form so I can take down the extreme White Dragon, I would appreciate it. ID is 846 434 646. Hopefully, I'll be able to return the favor sometime.

Threw Faisy's STMR on mine in non-BS form so she's good to go for that.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

PaybackJack posted:

Threw Faisy's STMR on mine in non-BS form so she's good to go for that.

Thanks again, easy two turn kill.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Interesting, we have the NV UoC system coming. First wave of optional units are only up to Physalis, so no NV Terra/Locke/Lasswell and of course no limited time units. The fact that they use the actual "Summon Select" title on it suggests to me that maybe it's something we'll see on a permanent basis down the road. We're also getting a UoC system for Vision Cards so that's neat as well. Unlike the previous UoC system the current incarnation of this one is a limited time exchange so maybe this is their compromise that every 4 months every can have an NV unit for free but it has to be older than a month? Better than nothing I guess. Hopefully the UoCs aren't only available through bundles in the future. There's no way the UoC bundle isn't a $100 bundle though...

Also hilarious to see a Series Boss Battle pop up randomly. Can't complain about a free thousand lapis I suppose.

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

I do hope it isn’t $100. What about these new tag units, are they any good?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Jack Van Burace posted:

I do hope it isn’t $100. What about these new tag units, are they any good?

I'm thinking about chasing the LassGen one if the Chinese New Year unit isn't broken to all hell. Seems like people are mostly waiting for Lightning. The tag units have a neat gimmick of being able to create their own chains although that doesn't really seem to matter that much these days.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

I’m currently hosting a rod wielding Physalis built for the Chimera trial — anyone else able to put up one up? Looking to tackle this guy, and in typical fashion, the biggest impediment to progress is the lack of proper friend units.

Friend units really need a refresh or cycle function.

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

New kind of cat, my rod Physalis is in nemesis 2, so that’s one at least.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Jack Van Burace posted:

I keep seeing your guys in every other slot, but Nem2 just nowhere yet to be seen lol

Like I said, gimme a refresh button on this list.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
Do you gear Physalis's base form, BS form, or both? I could probably help with this.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

werdnam posted:

Do you gear Physalis's base form, BS form, or both? I could probably help with this.

I gear both, practically identical, but I’m doing a LB/chaining thing with my Phys that requires em

found a random Physalis with an empty BS form and it was very sad.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Mine is set to that. Wasted like three hours last night on this stupid trial because I kept letting a Curaja slip through. I think I'm just going to say gently caress using Relm to keep Physalis LB topped off and give her the extra Magicite I have. Stupid disease just wear off at the wrong times.

Jack Van Burace posted:

Just got the Chimera down in 11 turns with yours. Much easier with Relm on Nethicite duty and Faisy focused on healing. Terra technically did her LB twice but I just threw it in at the end without her buffs for a little extra on.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jan 20, 2021

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
I have a rod-based demon-killer Physalis in Nemesis 2. ID 746 502 688. I have several friend slots open.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Demon Chimera down in 14 turns.

Let me tell ya, that bug that drops your friend units VC if you reboot is some crap. lost huge amounts of damage if I had to restart because of messing up a chain. Probably could have done 12 turns without that happening.

Thanks to everyone, no idea whose Physalis I was using on the win attempt.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Jack Van Burace posted:

I do hope [the uoc bundle] isn’t $100.

Welp, they did actually discount it to $75 which is better than $100 but honestly I don't think it's worth it since none of the UoC-able units have any real staying power. I suppose you could justify it if you really needed Gabranth for Bahamut or whatever the trial is that he's useful for.

My free NV was a very worthless Cloud as I already have 2 of his STMR, still a free T.Pearl wasn't bad as I turned that into a second Starlight Elena STMR. All the tickets from the last DV were nothing. Even got 4 rainbows on the free pull and it wasn't anything special. Ah well. I'm happy to see these 10 pulls back.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
My luck today was insane.
Free 10+1 got me another Starlight Elena so I can EX2 her, and my first NV Aerith.
Freebie NV ticket was Cloud #5.
A 3* EX ticket got me another NV Madam Edel so I can EX2 her.
I had 10 of the 1/10 NV tickets that got me to EX2 Faisy.
And I got Raina off a ticket pull.

Extremely pleased with these results. If I have to go all the way to pity with Lassgen next week I won’t be upset, today got me a lot of stuff.
I’m tempted to get that NV Select bundle to finally get a Yoshikiri. But I think I can hold off, it’s $105 CAD, which is a little too steep and he’s not a dire need for me.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I got two NV Akstar today, one from the guaranteed and one in the free. I also got a NV Firion, my first, and I dunno what to do with him - just another DPS that isn't as high numbers as current ones, right?

The two NV Akstars makes three that I've pulled now. I broke the first one down after just getting his TMR, but since then I pulled and got into using Eldryn, and NV Akstar would be a stronger partner for him than PG Lasswell (though, PG Lasswell NVA has been holding it down for me in the meantime). I guess I should build him up!

The fragment dungeon got my team up to the EX levels I wanted. Man, NV Faisy is ridiculous. Got mine geared at 2.9k spirit, 29k hp, status immune, minimum 100% elem resists with most higher and water and dark overcapped 300% on base form, fire at 200% on her brave shift. And she's got Myra's STMR so she buffs her spirit by 150% while auto covering. I can see why she has like a 28.5 rating on the wiki and other top units are like 26.5. Unbelievable bulk and packed utility. The next fragment dungeon we get if I haven't pulled another she's an absolute gimme for EX+2 and get that tasty STMR. It's so good I thought about burning a moogle, but the truth is she has not even come close to death in any situation she's been in that a magic tank is actually used for, and I have 2x Yuraisha STMRs. Feel like I can wait for it "naturally."

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

How often do the NV fragment dungeons come around?

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011

purkey posted:

How often do the NV fragment dungeons come around?

They haven't been around long enough for us to know. The first one ran from 12/3 to 12/16, and the last one ran from 1/7 to 1/20, so the evidence so far suggests once a month. But I don't think that's likely.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I love NV Sol so much. I know he isn't top of the meta but I have always liked auto-LB characters and his is super nice. Crown Prince Noctis was a favorite during his era. I'm still a sucker for stuff that recalls classic big drat summon animations. I hope Rain NV's Ex+2 boosts come to GL quick so I can use him in that way also.

I really want a tag unit just to do the one-unit chain gimmick. Two slots for a chainer and a finisher, that's neat, but only getting off-banners so far.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jan 25, 2021

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Just like I figured. Last weeks luck took any luck away from me today.
Had to go all 40k to get Lassgen. Got an NV Firion along the way. So if I ever want a 2nd of his bow I can grab it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I threw 10k at the banner to try and get a 4th Ifrit Rain but came up with nothing.

I'm really not looking forward to seeing this DV. I hope that next week the CNY banner starts but it will probably be the week after. I'm going to hold my lapis for a bit longer to see if we can discern how good the next limited unit is.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Aw dang it my only NV pull for Lassgen was just another Akstar. He's cursed me, I've pulled 4 now and he tends to show up when I wish he wouldn't :negative:

Used to be Gilgamesh and Oldmandu, now it's freakin NV Akstar

I really want a tag unit!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

NVA Beatrix. Please be good!

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Didn't look like it sadly enough.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

75% AOE general mitigation on a pretty cheap lb seems good though.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Well, that’ll work for the first 5k pull

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

The FF9 banner certainly seems like the next one to save for after Lightning. What should be a pretty good mage in NV Vivi who has a silly reflect combo with 7* Steiner for lots of damage. Beatrix gets a nice little NVA BS magic tank form. And Zidane has some pretty wild looking LB damage if you can entrust him a couple times. Both Vivi and Zidane should have some nice use in DV.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

The FF9 banner certainly seems like the next one to save for after Lightning. What should be a pretty good mage in NV Vivi who has a silly reflect combo with 7* Steiner for lots of damage. Beatrix gets a nice little NVA BS magic tank form. And Zidane has some pretty wild looking LB damage if you can entrust him a couple times. Both Vivi and Zidane should have some nice use in DV.

Counterpoint: pink furry monkey Zidane looks a little stupid.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Just as long as they fix the overkill bug where Vivi's remaining spells aren't reflected and he murders the team.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I got excited when I saw Sinzar's Dark Anima team of Terra, Edgar, Xon, DK Luneth, Vaan, and NV Sora. Then was incredibly sad to see they only did 75% of the cap.

Edit:

This is cool though. Vivi solo DPSes the Chimera in 13 turns; no manual dexterity required!

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 1, 2021

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Anyone mind setting up a Terra with Call of the wild and maybe an Opposition on in her base form? I'm looking to first turn ko a trial or two. My ID is 846 434 646. Thanks, and I do also have a Lassgen set up if anyone wants another on their friend list.

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

Purkey, I sent you a friend request just now. I'm Jack in game. I've got Terra with Call of the Wild and Sol NV's STMR in base form on nemesis 1. It looks like opposition is one of those stat buff on start of fight abilities, and I think that STMR does the same thing but better. Hopefully that works.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Jack Van Burace posted:

Purkey, I sent you a friend request just now. I'm Jack in game. I've got Terra with Call of the Wild and Sol NV's STMR in base form on nemesis 1. It looks like opposition is one of those stat buff on start of fight abilities, and I think that STMR does the same thing but better. Hopefully that works.

Thanks!

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Got the T-pearl! 120k complete! That was a near miss y'all, my tablet died a couple days ago and it was a real hassle getting an emulator to be able to actually go into battles etc. I had to manually put the Amazon app store apk in and then download the FFBE client there from Amazon, which let me not just log into the game but also play battles etc. on Memu. I do have to try to avoid collecting lapis. I say try, because I hosed up and hit Claim All yesterday evening and ended up with 500 lapis accidentally in my Amazon app version on Memu. Oops. So I ended doing a "who cares" 500 lapis pull because I don't intend to keep playing the Amazon app store version when my replacement tablet arrives tomorrow (it was a blue crystal pull).

I am so glad they gave us this free tag NV, because my pulls have been off-bannerathon since lucking into Eldryn early last month. But they hooked us up with a freebie that can Tag chain and actually do it well, how cool.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Agreed posted:

Got the T-pearl! 120k complete! That was a near miss y'all, my tablet died a couple days ago and it was a real hassle getting an emulator to be able to actually go into battles etc. I had to manually put the Amazon app store apk in and then download the FFBE client there from Amazon, which let me not just log into the game but also play battles etc. on Memu. I do have to try to avoid collecting lapis. I say try, because I hosed up and hit Claim All yesterday evening and ended up with 500 lapis accidentally in my Amazon app version on Memu. Oops. So I ended doing a "who cares" 500 lapis pull because I don't intend to keep playing the Amazon app store version when my replacement tablet arrives tomorrow (it was a blue crystal pull).

I am so glad they gave us this free tag NV, because my pulls have been off-bannerathon since lucking into Eldryn early last month. But they hooked us up with a freebie that can Tag chain and actually do it well, how cool.

I got hit with the off banner NV feature yesterday with a lovely Firion.

Thanks for the reminder about the t.pearl. I'm only 2/3rds of the way there because stupid DV consumed my life for a couple days.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Random EX ticket gave me a NV in Gabranth #2. Realized I had a ton of t.pearls laying around so I took Yoshi to EX+2 and spent VIP coins for the cheap NV ticket to get to 10 which gave me Rain/Fina. Very happy to grab that STMR.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Anyone here capped Anima? I was following a team build someone linked in the reddit discord of Terra/Locke/Xon/DKL/Edgar/Tifa but I'm only hitting 1.4/1.5b

I could accept that I can't cap without Lassgen, but 1.5 still seems awfully low for number of good STMRs I'm using. Guess I should have gotten that 2nd NV Sora STMR lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Nomad
Feb 18, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

Anyone here capped Anima? I was following a team build someone linked in the reddit discord of Terra/Locke/Xon/DKL/Edgar/Tifa but I'm only hitting 1.4/1.5b

I could accept that I can't cap without Lassgen, but 1.5 still seems awfully low for number of good STMRs I'm using. Guess I should have gotten that 2nd NV Sora STMR lol.

I only got ~1.68b with Terra/Vaan/Xon/DKL/Edgar/Lassgen. But I skipped the KH banner so I am missing all those STMR/cards.