Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I also had an absolutely painful set of Tifa pulls.
60k got me 3 NVs, thankfully one was Tifa so it wasn’t the absolute worst possible outcome. Still loving sucks though. The other 2 were both Melo...

I have 7k left over, and with the EX missions and Chronicle Battle stuff, that should get me up to 12k, so I’m considering just doing a single lap of the step up tomorrow just for the hell of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Prayers answered, got 1 in 5k. RIP EX2 unless I get lucky between now and the shard dungeon.

3x NV tickets got me a Nichol so that's going to be great for Tifa.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well, that's sure something. Got a Sephiroth from the daily free 10+1.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
My luck was pretty crazy -

Got NV Rain and NV Snow (new) from the daily 10 pull

One full step up got me NV Sol, Lassgen (new) and a Sephiroth on the final step. Still tempted to push my luck and do another lap to try for early EX1

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I spent 25k Lapis and got Sephiroth and a bunch of other good NX units. Zidane, Lightning, and a couple others.

I think this coming weekend I might try and wrap up the story and begin Esper hunting / Equipment farming.

Still upset its hard to get Super Trust Mastery Tickets. :argh:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Katamari Democracy posted:

I spent 25k Lapis and got Sephiroth and a bunch of other good NX units. Zidane, Lightning, and a couple others.

I think this coming weekend I might try and wrap up the story and begin Esper hunting / Equipment farming.

Still upset its hard to get Super Trust Mastery Tickets. :argh:

This is a video that's probably relevant to you.

They're implementing a favorite equipment deal and also letting you equip the same piece of gear on units across multiple teams(not the same team). This is going to break the Chamber of Arms, most of the gear here is pretty outdated but there's some stuff that you could potentially still use, notably the killer stuff: Necropolis/Man-Eater+/Grand Star/Etc.

STMR tickets and LB pots are things I'm pretty much always low on. I have 20 something T.Pearls now since I've pulled so many "bad NVs" recently. I went from hoping I'd get one NV Lasswell for his STMR for Hybrids to having almost EX3 of him. Urgh.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
Good news about LB pots is that they're not as necessary anymore --- now units earn enough LB experience just from battle that you can reasonably level it up (even to 40) by running quests.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Two questions. Hom many Indestructible Lights do I want? I have one from the one I fragged to Ex1 Lightning, but I have two more to Ex2 her and I'm unsure if I want to burn more STMR Moogles.

Second is what do I do with extra NVs one you have an Ex3 of that unit? Like, I can obviously just crush them for TPearls, but it seems kinda weird for high end chainers like Noctis or supports like Ling.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Muhahaha, I got lucky on 5k lapis for the step up and got my 2nd Sephiroth. So now I have him at NX+1 with full Trust and Super Trust on him.

He is loving awesome

I got my hands on the true Genji armor but some of those bosses slap me around pretty hard. And thats with me playing the game instead of doing auto battle.

Right now my party is (With NX+1 on all of them) White Dragon Ling, Aerith (FFVII Remake, I accidently sharded the free one that came out a week or two ago), Louise (STM / TM / Fully geared), Pure Hearted Vivi, and of course Legendary Hero Sephiroth.

E- I whaled. Spent money and I got Sephiroth to NX+2. Now im done.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 7, 2021

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Echophonic posted:

Two questions. Hom many Indestructible Lights do I want? I have one from the one I fragged to Ex1 Lightning, but I have two more to Ex2 her and I'm unsure if I want to burn more STMR Moogles.

Second is what do I do with extra NVs one you have an Ex3 of that unit? Like, I can obviously just crush them for TPearls, but it seems kinda weird for high end chainers like Noctis or supports like Ling.

I have two NV Lightning STMRs and I should probably use them more. I use one fairly often, mostly to make up on units when I run out of killers. I've asked this kind of question in the Reddit discord and it seems nobody really knows when it's good or not, the answer is always "What does the builder say?" but the builder pretty much never recommends it, then I'll see Sinzar use on and just copy him so I really have no clue.

Muhahaha, I got lucky on 5k lapis for the step up and got my 2nd Sephiroth. So now I have him at NX+1 with full Trust and Super Trust on him.

He is loving awesome

I got my hands on the true Genji armor but some of those bosses slap me around pretty hard. And thats with me playing the game instead of doing auto battle.

Definitely try to get the Elnath trial done for the Man-Eater+ Materia. That should be a very high priority as that's a very useful killer and still strong in today's meta. The Genji armor has seen some replacement but having a piece of gear that gives you more options for gearing a unit with Death-proof is still great.

You should be able to pretty much walk through Elnath with a unit like Sylvie that can provide elemental protection against Lightning/Wind/Earth. Other than that you just need to be able to soak a single large magic attack in the 3rd phase.

quote:

Aerith (FFVII Remake, I accidently sharded the free one that came out a week or two ago)

:vincefrog:

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

PaybackJack posted:

I have two NV Lightning STMRs and I should probably use them more. I use one fairly often, mostly to make up on units when I run out of killers. I've asked this kind of question in the Reddit discord and it seems nobody really knows when it's good or not, the answer is always "What does the builder say?" but the builder pretty much never recommends it, then I'll see Sinzar use on and just copy him so I really have no clue.

I wonder how the builder handles it. Since going from 5x to 6x chain max increases damage by 20%, it seems to me at first glance that you would always want it. I'm not sure how likely it is to have a build where every other materia increases the damage by more than 20%.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I might grab one more and then the freebie to make 3. That's probably sufficient for now.

Also just took down Elnath. Might try to just clear the chamber with some bullshit team or another and get the Grand Star. Figure more killers is more better when I can manage.

Currently just using Lunafreya to get the juice for Carbuncle and using bounced Holy. Not that it's really needed, quadcast Banishga would probably do enough damage. Chaining with Noctis and Gilgamesh, because why not bring the weapon boy to the weapon trials? Also Sylvie because of course.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I’m still in a state of bewilderment over my Sephiroth pulls.
Step 1 got me a Diverti & a Sephiroth
Step 2 got me a second Sephiroth
Step 3 was nothing, but I was pulling to get the tokens to grab Biggs & Wedge.

Did some of the raid and used my tickets, got a third Sephiroth, and then this mornings logins got me up to 4K so I did the 4th step on the banner and ended up with my fourth Sephiroth.

If this is Gumi trying to make it up for how awful my 60K for Tifa went, hell, I’ll take it. I just don’t expect to get a single NV for the next couple months now.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I whaled and got Sephiroth to NX+2

No I dont want to talk about it

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011

I whaled and got Sephiroth to NX+2

No I dont want to talk about it

If you take the long view and can be patient, you can get a lot of stuff in this game without spending much or anything. I've spent more than I really felt good about in the past and realized it really isn't necessary, even to do most of the trials. I still buy the Fountain of Lapis and monthly Adventure pass or whatever it's called, but it's been many months since I've spent anything beyond that, and as a result I feel better about my time with the game.

YMMV, and no judgement here, just my 2¢ for someone getting started in the game

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I also really like the Adventure Crest, it's really a shame that they reduced the rewards again because I feel like those are the kind of things that you can really give players that don't want to spend a lot a ton of value on and reducing the value just sends that wrong message. If anything the payout should be bigger every month so players go "Well if I was willing to buy it last month, I'm definitely going to buy it again because now I'm getting even more!" and it's not like throwing 3 more 1/10 NV EX tickets and an extra 1k lapis in there is going to gently caress up your sales somehow.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Also, I rolled a random ticket and got her back. So since I shard her I made her to +1

This literally just happened.

Edit: +2

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 7, 2021

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Also, I rolled a random ticket and got her back. So since I shard her I made her to +1

This literally just happened.

Since it sounds like you may have missed out on doing her weekly event to get enough shards for her free EX2, at least make sure you're doing the raid because there's a ton of T.pearls in the rewards.

Edit: Shard quests for Aerith is still up so if you need those get them.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 7, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Done. I now have two EX+2 units.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
I haven't gotten any NVs since the start of anniversary that weren't guaranteed.

Probably close to 600 pulls, no NV.

Out of those "guaranteed" pulls, I've gotten two Firions, one Melo, one Lasswell, and Edel.

Sucks.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It's getting pretty funny just obliterating these Chamber of Arms bosses with Sephiroth and Terra. Mix of Ling and Sylvie to keep people from getting gibbed on thresholds. Occasionally Aerith blows something up.

Edit: Nevermind, just got bodied by Brachium. :laffo:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Aug 8, 2021

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Partilally elementless, morale based, GLEX Dragoon coming this week. Probably a skip but kind of super whale bait for CoW. I'm curious to see if they change the restrictions cap. Just reducing it slightly would probably mean that a lot more people could hit #1 but if anything they probably went the opposite direction and made it even harder while still keeping the EX point restriction which is a shame because that's actually kind of content and gating content behind a paywall in a game like this is a bad idea.

CoW has a major weakness to Wind, and a minor weakness to Fire/Earth. Good time to have an EX3 Bartz. I'm one copy shy so I'll probably have to UoC him, but since I probably can't field a solid enough squad without Ling who's only EX2 I'm probably not looking at capping anyway.

edit: Just saw my boy Warror of Dawn Galuf is getting an NVA.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 9, 2021

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
As a new player who should I build up to clear Chamber of Arms? I have an Aphmau Ex1 and a Rem to cover tanking and healing but I've read I want non elemental physical to burst them down during immunity phases. I have like 40+ select tickets and 2 free 5* picks to use to select them.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

As a new player who should I build up to clear Chamber of Arms? I have an Aphmau Ex1 and a Rem to cover tanking and healing but I've read I want non elemental physical to burst them down during immunity phases. I have like 40+ select tickets and 2 free 5* picks to use to select them.

Their stats are so low that even with their resistances, as long as it's not a 300% or Absorb one, any unit with a 120% imperil should be fine. The damage you'll probably want for the immunity phases is non-typed evoke damage like NV Terra does with her Chaos Wave.

The bosses shouldn't hit that hard though so if you have a tank and Aerith's 400% buffs any reasonably geared unit should be fine.

What are your NV damage options? If you have Tifa and Sephiroth you can just gear them both and you should be fine depending on whichever comes up. Use a 3* Shera with 10 LB fill per turn to entrust and let you LB with them every turn. Just keep a reraise on him.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Have both, have it another try bringing along Reno to keep them broken and it works better. Now I just need to go through the story to unlock the esters I need and some esper fill gear to meet the requirements. Thanks

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

So according to the news it looks like they lowered the EX challenge criteria for a few of the difficulty boosts. So it seems like the cap might be 16 now meaning you need 4 EX3s and 2 EX2s which is a step in the right direction. They also added a turn count challenge which was kind of interesting because the last boss had ridiculous buffs after T6 so maybe this one has no buffs after a certain point but the turn limit will limit your score.

Both sound like great changes.

Johnny Nomad
Feb 18, 2004

Somewhere buried in there it says that the turn limit for max score is 10. So, that seems like it will be pretty easy to hit, even if you use Zidane. Being able to max it with a couple of EX+2s will really help, I had no chance last time with any team I could put together that was all EX+3s, but maybe this time I can cap it with a max team. Especially if you can really go to turn 10 to max the morale gauge, meaning you might be able to just use Elena plus off-turn random junk from other units to max the morale gauge within turn count. It also looks like Tifa/Sephiroth will not be completely ruled out for use, since only light and ice damage trigger the "fierce counters".

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ended up with enough over these two banners to get Sephiroth and Tifa up to EX+2. Sephiroth is at 7038 ATK with that new Masamune +3 and I burned some of my few remaining STMR moogles on Scarlet Gloves for Tifa to get her to 6239. Don't have Dark Ragnarok yet, but Premium Heart should do as the other set for now. Absolutely crazy thinking back to when the parameter quests were a challenge.

Also managed to finish up getting all the weapons and most of the more useful-looking abilities from Chamber of Arms. I'd say Brachium was the only one that really caught me off-guard with a high-end team. It was mostly a matter of magic immune = Sephiroth, physical immune = Terra, BSing as needed to get non-dark or -fire hits. Ling and Sylvie did Ling and Sylvie things.

I have really put a dent in my moogle stash, actually, going to have to start being more choosy.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 11, 2021

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Johnny Nomad posted:

Somewhere buried in there it says that the turn limit for max score is 10. So, that seems like it will be pretty easy to hit, even if you use Zidane. Being able to max it with a couple of EX+2s will really help, I had no chance last time with any team I could put together that was all EX+3s, but maybe this time I can cap it with a max team. Especially if you can really go to turn 10 to max the morale gauge, meaning you might be able to just use Elena plus off-turn random junk from other units to max the morale gauge within turn count. It also looks like Tifa/Sephiroth will not be completely ruled out for use, since only light and ice damage trigger the "fierce counters".

Being able to go to turn 10 is definitely super nice. Maxing out the morale gauge before T5 in the last one was a pain even with Ling and Elena doing their buffs. It sounds like maybe with the zombie status we'll need to hit certain thresholds of moral by certain phases in order to clear it which sounds like a good use of the mechanic honestly.

I dig that they're trying to make the fights more than just damage checks. the GLE Podcast guys were talking a few weeks ago about how they wish unresistable status ailments came back, with the exception of confuse, and I kind of agree with them that being able to ailment immune those did push them away from including them. It does make fights more interesting when you have to, in the fight, resist or cure them.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh yeah, if you don't have me as a friend, feel free to add me: 943217866

I try to have useful stuff up, though I have no idea what to slot for Nemesis units, Guess Louise and Ling will do for now for COW.

Oh, and I hosed up and accidentally merged two Rakish Thief Zidanes into one that already had the STMR. Guess it can't hurt to submit a ticket, but it doesn't sound like it's likely to be done.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 11, 2021

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

14k 4 step(5k, 4k, 3k, 2k) summon on Monday that rewards a total of 5 tickets that can be redeemed for fragments of your choice for any unit Louise/Ling and older.

People are probably strapped for cash from the Sephiroth banner but this is definitely great for anyone who needs 100 fragments to help knock one of those units to EX3 for CoW.

If I had 50 more Fragments for Ling I'd probably do it. I don't know about using them to get Louise EX3 because I feel like her utility is going to drop off soon if it hasn't already. I could use them on Zidane but the two free NV units won the contest and I'll probably just use those on him since Louise and Ling won't be available in that. I guess I have until Monday to see if I want to whale for it or not. Ling is probably never going to leave my CoW team but at the same time, since it wouldn't be her EX3 I'd feel bad spending 14k just to get 100 shards that don't do anything for me now.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Wish how easy it is to get 400% stat boosts, has the logic around what to take from the equipment enhancement changed?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

If anything the logic has moved more towards just taking the offensive stat and forgetting about everything else.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Fair enough, that was sort of what I figured. Every 10% of ATK or whatever does seem like it'd open up more room for killers or resists.

Is there something I'm missing for Scorn of the Erinyes? I feel like throwing Tifa and Sephiroth at INT should be pretty easy, given the -100 water and dark, but they do basically nothing. And this is the easy one!

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 12, 2021

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

PaybackJack posted:

If anything the logic has moved more towards just taking the offensive stat and forgetting about everything else.

Atk/Mag plus HP are the only stats I really give a poo poo about in the item world. I generally try to get all main stat boosts on two handed weapons, and I'm more willing to put a couple HP boosts on one handed weapons. Since those units will have both weapon slots worth of IW boosts.

Not gonna run everything through till I get perfect rolls. But I do run STMR+ quality weapons through till I get a rare, so runs like Rare, atk 10%, hp 10% are perfectly fine. I just replace the lowest atk or hp boost with any higher atk or hp boost that comes up.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 12, 2021

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I'm so jealous of the Chinese version exclusive unit. The STMR is an ATK 65, MAG 75 accessory that gives Equip Light Armor, Equip Heavy Armor AND Equip Fist.

Anytime there's a piece of gear that has equip whatever I need it, god knows I never use them but it just enables wacky stuff and weird builds.

edit: Vivi solo DPS'ing got me up to level 89 in CoW which is fine since that's high enough to try and start to figure out a build with EX levels in mind. 10+1 ticket pops a neo and wouldn't you know it's Skye #1. I guess I gotta spend 5k on her shard bundle because she's going to be great in future CoWs as her BS LB hits like a truck.

No AI posted in the reddit yet about the CoW boss but I guess you're going to need a physical cover tank because I saw Sinzar using Behemy. That's going to be pretty rough,

Also a warning that I got locked in a crash loop using the amazon version, while fighting the CoW boss so there may be some bugs with its attacks.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 12, 2021

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

CoW data is out. To quote Sinzar's guide:

150% Fire AND Earth resist on provoker (without buffs)
100% Wind AND Dark resist on everyone (without buffs)
Status immunity from gear AND buff on everyone
Decent SPR and Gen/Mag Mitigation on everyone

Seems like the boss does a lot of dispels. The Phoenix auto-med ability didn't seem to do anything or maybe it kept the confusion at bay and I never noticed? Hard to tell what is going on with this boss so I'm going to wait for a bit more AI before trying to assemble an EX16 team.

Cleared through 99 with my Vivi team by just delaying the kill turn till 5. This guy is tough though, seems like there's a fair bit of unavoidable damage.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

CoW data is out. To quote Sinzar's guide:

150% Fire AND Earth resist on provoker (without buffs)
100% Wind AND Dark resist on everyone (without buffs)
Status immunity from gear AND buff on everyone
Decent SPR and Gen/Mag Mitigation on everyone

Seems like the boss does a lot of dispels. The Phoenix auto-med ability didn't seem to do anything or maybe it kept the confusion at bay and I never noticed? Hard to tell what is going on with this boss so I'm going to wait for a bit more AI before trying to assemble an EX16 team.

Cleared through 99 with my Vivi team by just delaying the kill turn till 5. This guy is tough though, seems like there's a fair bit of unavoidable damage.

What good did it do to delay until turn 5?

There is at least one guide in /r/FFBEBlog for a FTKO through level 99 with Tifa and Sephiroth, fire any who were lucky enough to get both.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

werdnam posted:

What good did it do to delay until turn 5?

There is at least one guide in /r/FFBEBlog for a FTKO through level 99 with Tifa and Sephiroth, fire any who were lucky enough to get both.

At higher levels the boss casts a 4 turn on its T1 undispellable buff for all stats. Not sure how big. It worked out fine since that let ViVi stack up his magic and gave me an extra turn to rod imperil with Aerith then do her lb. Also gave me time to build lb gauge with Ling.

It seems like the boss only reacts to attacks so I just buffed for 4 turns. Steiner was able to get some are covers in as well so it seems like after T1 the boss doesn't dispel unless you provoke him somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character

PaybackJack posted:

The builder semi-regularly recommends NV Lightning's STMR on TDH units if I select "MAX" for "Chain Mult." under the expanded options, where you can set ailment immunity, weapon element, etc. I think that let's the builder know to take chaining into account.