Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This is a thread where you can post about your team that did not make the playoffs, has been eliminated from the playoffs, or about fishing, or fish. This thread exists because news about eliminated teams often gets lost in the main thread due to playoff team discussion, which, probably is how it should be.

Word to Athanatos for this imagethese images.

If I get ahold of other TNT Gone Fishin' pics I will post them in the OP.

A request: I'm not a mod so I can't enforce this but I would like if people post twitter links they post some actual thoughts about it, and also the people who post after a game one loss "can I post in this thread now????" please don't.

E: wow this post was just waiting for me when I hit "new post." Thank you whatever dark system kept the post I wrote from last year.

Rick fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Rick posted:

A request: I'm not a mod so I can't enforce this but I would like if people post twitter links they post some actual thoughts about it

I would not enforce this either, but it would be nice to see.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Hornets are going to be bad again but I'm still more excited for this team that the last three years of the Kemba era. Love my lovely young borderline NBA players

Rick posted:

A request: I'm not a mod so I can't enforce this but I would like if people post twitter links they post some actual thoughts about it

I'm guilty of that but usually just try to limit it to breaking news or something pretty self-explanatory

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I promise if i see any tweets about something dumb that jim boylen has done, i will add the context of lol or lmao.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

morestuff posted:

Hornets are going to be bad again but I'm still more excited for this team that the last three years of the Kemba era. Love my lovely young borderline NBA players

I'm guilty of that but usually just try to limit it to breaking news or something pretty self-explanatory

Hand Knit posted:

I would not enforce this either, but it would be nice to see.

It honestly is more of an artifact from last season when everyone was doing races to post the links and we would see like 5 twitter link only posts in a row but I still thought it would be nice enough to not edit it out.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I am still pissed that the suns missed the playoffs by one point but our bubble rampage was the most excited I’ve been about this team since I’ve been a fan. I love our core and hope we can get Saric back to anchor the second unit. A lot of suns fans seem interested in chasing Christian wood or montrezl harrell. I don’t know that I’m into spending that much on a backup center though. Probably rather see them bring Baynes back

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Memphis is pretty capped out for next season, which is totally fine with me. Let the young guys play together and work out what you have, and be ready to make a run at a big superstar in 2021. I’ll try to write up a postmortem at some point soon.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
I hated watching the bubble Pelicans and I hope next seasons team plays with obvious (to me) passion. I want them to cause fights with their aggression on both offense and defense.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Zion needs to get in shape over the winter.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Timberwolves have like 3.5 rotation NBA players but that's ok because they have, uhhhh, like no cap space.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

first time long time

i think the spurs are waiting for pop to retire before blowing it all up but i hope they don’t wait that long

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I think the young guys have a lot of potential but LMA and derozan basically gotta go imho

I’m assuming that lma contract is gonna be an anchor

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm fully expecting the Spurs to win the draft lottery, and I'll be sad when they don't.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
This is absolutely the year Charlotte finally moves up and takes the biggest bust

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Edward Mass posted:

I'm fully expecting the Spurs to win the draft lottery, and I'll be sad when they don't.

Nah, they're gonna wait for a year with good players

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I think the young guys have a lot of potential but LMA and derozan basically gotta go imho

I’m assuming that lma contract is gonna be an anchor

Is Demar a free agent this off-season?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Hand Knit posted:

Is Demar a free agent this off-season?

he has a player option; i don’t think he’ll take it since he’s still 31 and had a pretty good season and this will be his last Big Contract

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
I have no opinion on this because I don't know much about the Wizards:

https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/1295455997222322176?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

comforting myself with the fact that mark jackson is almost certainly too expensive for the bulls

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Kibner posted:

I have no opinion on this because I don't know much about the Wizards:

https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/1295455997222322176?s=20

i feel like bradley beal’s been dinged up for the better part of the last three years but up until his shoulder thing this year he was playing most of the games

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jim boylen, in closing messages, urges bulls players to "google ron paul"

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

i feel like bradley beal’s been dinged up for the better part of the last three years but up until his shoulder thing this year he was playing most of the games

Maybe it has to do with John Wall also?

Also I just learned from looking up Wall that their G-League team is the Capital City Go-Go

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

kingcobweb posted:

Maybe it has to do with John Wall also?

Also I just learned from looking up Wall that their G-League team is the Capital City Go-Go

The craziest thing was early on in Beals career he was dealing with some Blood Humour Maladies and thought he was going to have to play like 25 minutes a night for the rest of his time in the nba

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Coaches already being hired from teams still playing in the playoffs:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1295780263608438784?s=19

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Lil Wayne isn't really a fan, I don't know who that is at the top, and why is Ingram look like he's been photoshopped on a woman's body?

https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/status/1295948577932488705?s=19

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Kibner posted:

Lil Wayne isn't really a fan, I don't know who that is at the top, and why is Ingram look like he's been photoshopped on a woman's body?

https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/status/1295948577932488705?s=19

Wayne is a vocal lakers fan, what the hell

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

Wayne is a vocal lakers fan, what the hell

they're just jamming in New Orleans things don't overthink it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Kibner, did someone give Lowtax money to do that to you?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Rick posted:

Kibner, did someone give Lowtax money to do that to you?

Sure looks like it. I'll see what I can do this weekend and try to get a mod to replace it with something new.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

I still am laughing at Ingram here.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Kibner posted:

Sure looks like it. I'll see what I can do this weekend and try to get a mod to replace it with something new.

hosed up. If it helps I will do a $10 donation to something to change it to something you want.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Please don't change good avs like the jrue point to something boring like that

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Rick posted:

hosed up. If it helps I will do a $10 donation to something to change it to something you want.

I appreciate it but I am good on money for now and the mods have been good about changing people's av's on request before the ownership change has been made.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Dont gently caress with kibner or me and the rest of the.goofy gang will come get ya

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cool Buff Man posted:

Dont gently caress with kibner or me and the rest of the.goofy gang will come get ya

I agree. Kibner is a top tier poster.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Y'all are making me seriously :blush:. Especially since each and every one of your teams are at the top of my most hated list! lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I know deep in your heart you can never hate the thunder no matter how many times you say it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

Goofy gang goofy gang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Detroit is probably going to re-sign Christian Wood. I don't know how much it will take. There's a chance they leave the rest of their cap space to absorb some second rounders since they're clearly rebuilding now.

If they end up picking Lamelo I'll probably rationalize it some way or another. The good thing is that they finally have the chance to draft formerly top rated Uzbek, from that Yurt that's numbered so clearly, Omer Yurtseven, after playing 3 years at NC state. His first year was wasted with Dennis Smith, they were sort of rebuilding his sophmore year, and you know what happened this year. He's a tall, large (280ish) shot maker. Those guys get drafted in the 50s sometimes.

This year's draft star will probably be from the 10-18 range but who the gently caress that will be I don't know.