Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

Where will all the tall stiffs go

slovenia is very nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kibner posted:

This says what I have thought for a few years now but much more succinctly than I have been able to:

https://twitter.com/FearTheBrown/status/1308493650566017026?s=20

Big wings are also either disappearing or becoming "Do this, and do this, and nothing else" role players

The skill floor for the NBA keeps rising, even if we have lost some of the art of the midrange and some of the post up.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Would Jeff green survive if he was a rookie today?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Like 5 times a year Green is kind of an ideal 4/3 so yeah probably.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bulls hire Donovan

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

jeff green is on the modern lineup of “all time unrealized potential but still showed enough flashes once or twice a year to get signed” team

c: anthony randolph
pf: jeff green
sf: terrence williams
sg: kentavious caldwell-pope
pg: tyus jones

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Terrence Ross should be All-Flashes-of-Potential first team

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

MourningView posted:

I feel bad about it now but I have to admit that during a particularly dark moment in the first half I did this

https://tradenba.com/trades/T9s-08o6T

i just found this thread cause i've been busy moving but i want to say this is horribly cursed

hayward back in utah means i can't root for mitchell and conley and jingles

gobert in boston means they run out a horrifying gobert/tatum/brown/smart/walker lineup and i just don't need to see any boston championships between now and 100 years after i die

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Metapod posted:

Would Jeff green survive if he was a rookie today?

Jeff Green would've probably got $20m a year after his rookie deal in today's NBA.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

tanglewood1420 posted:

Terrence Ross should be All-Flashes-of-Potential first team

oh yeah i forgot about ross, he should be on there

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Declan MacManus posted:

jeff green is on the modern lineup of “all time unrealized potential but still showed enough flashes once or twice a year to get signed” team

c: anthony randolph
pf: jeff green
sf: terrence williams
sg: kentavious caldwell-pope
pg: tyus jones

That's Mr. Greatest Point Guard Assist/Turnover Ratio Since 2000 Jones to you

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DeimosRising posted:

i just found this thread cause i've been busy moving but i want to say this is horribly cursed

hayward back in utah means i can't root for mitchell and conley and jingles

gobert in boston means they run out a horrifying gobert/tatum/brown/smart/walker lineup and i just don't need to see any boston championships between now and 100 years after i die

look man they were down 30 and I was lashing out and trying to create the most awful thing possible I don't feel good about it

E: PG on that team should be like Exum or Dennis Smith or something who the gently caress has ever looked at tyus jones and thought he was anything but an above average backup

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Tyus has a really weirdly small but vocal fanbase who thinks he just needs the keys, I really don't get it.

I'd give one of the guard spots to Jordan Clarkson. KCP is perfectly decent role player who has just managed to make a ton of money by keep milking the Lakers everytime they woosh on a FA.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think when he was on the pistons people were a lot more in on KCP as a potential franchise building block but now no one cares aside from Klutch jokes

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1308898316403576832?s=19

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

I think when he was on the pistons people were a lot more in on KCP as a potential franchise building block but now no one cares aside from Klutch jokes

There was definitely an expectation that he would be one of the Lakers best player when they first signed him, but he was so bad when he first got there that no one even cared when he had a good second half of the season.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He is definitely their third best player for however much weight you want to give that

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
DwaVale McHoward slander going on here.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1309590692126232580?s=19

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lockback posted:

DwaVale McHoward slander going on here.

Eh, in the bubble he is probably right. It hasn't been Kuzma or Danny Green, that's for sure. Javale and Dwight have both been huge but KCP could play against Houston.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

I'm glad he's likeable.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't think they let assistant coaches make trades so should be okay

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

From GM to assistant coach is a hell of a move.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'll have you know that Dell Demps did an incredible job of getting summer league invites for Northwestern guys who played with his son, Northwestern Legend and Chicago Bulls Summer League Champion Tre Demps, before all of them inevitablly went to go play a few seasons in the Belgian Score! League.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Utah also hired Clippers legend Kenyon Dooling for Johnny Bryant's old job. He played for Quinn at Mizzou way back in the day.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MourningView posted:

Utah also hired Clippers legend Kenyon Dooling for Johnny Bryant's old job. He played for Quinn at Mizzou way back in the day.

i remember as a teenager watching keyon and ray allen just loving get into it, like really badly, and they both ended up getting suspended, while they were playing for the same team

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/RP3natural/status/1309686948412510209

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Cam was honestly pretty good in the second half of the year but jfc that guy

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

Cam was honestly pretty good in the second half of the year but jfc that guy

totally, deandre's kind of a stinker tho

e: what the hell, he averaged 12 points a game? could have fooled me

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Give guys a chance to develop lol

That prediction is a bit hot for my liking

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Is front office to coaching a normal move? This feels weird like with former Phillies GM Ruben Amaro took a job as the Red Sox base coach.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Katana_Warrior posted:

totally, deandre's kind of a stinker tho

e: what the hell, he averaged 12 points a game? could have fooled me

He's fine ceiling just is probably not very high. He didn't really do much on offense aside from shoot catch and shoot threes which was also kinda true in college.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Sep 26, 2020

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is front office to coaching a normal move? This feels weird like with former Phillies GM Ruben Amaro took a job as the Red Sox base coach.

Kerr did it relatively recently

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I can't think of guys going from GM to assistant coach but Kerr and McHale both were head coaches after they'd been GMs. So was Pop back in the day. And I think Hoiberg was doing front office stuff with the Wolves before he got the Iowa State job with no previous coaching experience

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Pop was the spurs GM before he hired himself as the coach

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Pop is kinda different because he had quite a bit of coaching experience before he moved to the front office and then to head coach. I don't think Demps has coached before but guys getting assistant jobs without previous experience isn't they weird

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I should have been clearer. I meant assistant coach or other lesser status.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

Pop is kinda different because he had quite a bit of coaching experience before he moved to the front office and then to head coach. I don't think Demps has coached before but guys getting assistant jobs without previous experience isn't they weird

Thanks for saying that, because I always think Del Demps is Del Harris. I wondered why the 80 year old silver haired man was going back into the ranks

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

Thanks for saying that, because I always think Del Demps is Del Harris. I wondered why the 80 year old silver haired man was going back into the ranks

hahahaha i thought the same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I should have been clearer. I meant assistant coach or other lesser status.

It probably happens more often than is recognized because assistant coach or lesser status hirings aren't often commented on. Same with non-GM front-office jobs (and there are a lot of those).