Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cool Buff Man posted:

Dont gently caress with kibner or me and the rest of the.goofy gang will come get ya

I agree. Kibner is a top tier poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

morestuff posted:

LaMelo and Avdija are the only two guys in the consensus top 10 I’m really gun shy about. And even Avdija I can probably talk myself into

I have a couple of question about LaMelo for anyone that watched his Australian games. Does anyone know if LaMelo was double or triple teamed much (or at all) in Australia? How far back is the NBL three point line?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Kibner posted:

😅

I like the Grizzlies, Kings, Suns, Nuggets and only hate like three teams in the EC.

Is one of them Atlanta?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

How is it an excuse for a gm that they didn't get to see a player's Euroleague games? They can all be streamed online.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

There are several hilarious things in this photo. A+

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Wright is gone next year. The writing is on the wall. I wouldn't be shocked if Barea retires. The most obvious moves to replace them would be Dragic and Burke. It may get crowded at guard with Brunson back.

I expect THJr to take his player option. I'd like MKG to come back. Like many teams, their biggest need will be wing defender that shoots 3s. One more big man would also be nice but it probably not necessary. I hope they don't lose 3 big men to injury next year. The Mavs really are a player or two from being the best team in the league. They were already better than their record this year due to health. Hopefully Porzingis stays healthy next playoffs. The offense is better when he is in. Every player shot significantly better percentages while he was playing during the playoffs. They need a physical player for situations like Morris.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

FakePoet posted:

Am I completely misremembering, or did the WCS deal he was on include a player option?

If I thought he was into it, and wouldn't immediately enter the Carlisle zone for wayward players, I wouldn't mind seeing him with a full camp for a couple million.

You are correct. I doubt he opts in but kind of wish he would.

edit:
Spanish language article but Barea still wants to play next year and the Mavs want him to join the coaching staff. He sounds like he will try to play for another team if they don't offer him a deal. He's also frustrated that he didn't have a bigger role in the playoffs.
https://www.elnuevodia.com/deportes...para-otro-lado/

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 31, 2020

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dutchy posted:

i support all effort NBA posts because they make me feel less silly for the number of multi-paragraph Mavs posts I make that are only of interest to me

I love your Mavs posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Kibner posted:

Still no leaks about who they have even interviewed: https://twitter.com/_Andrew_Lopez/status/1315398000676687872?s=19

I can confirm I'm not in the final 4.