Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

AccountSupervisor posted:

Yeah the 3rd act of that episode was edited very weirdly because they clearly had too much ground to cover and were looking for seems to jump around and get to the climax.

That cut and the cut to black after the gunshot to the spongebath were bizzare.

Yeah that was the only thing I didn't really like about the episode.
It's not like they had to cut for time, being as they are on HBO. The first episode ran 10 mins longer than this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Great episode.

When Atticus' dad and aunt were having the conversation about her knowing there is something they are not telling her, there was a really weird audio "bleeeghh", like it was meant to be emphasising something but I re watched it 3 times and there was literally nothing else going on.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

nwin posted:

I’ve only watched the first two episodes, but does anyone else have complaints about the audio?

The normal talking will be quiet as gently caress but then the monsters or music is loud as poo poo so I’m constantly adjusting volume.

Same. This last episode was especially bad for it

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

a foolish pianist posted:

Speaking of that guy: They made a pretty big deal about Leti being a virgin when she and Tic had sex in episode 3, then in episode 4 just casually dropped in the scene where Tree brags about his dick and then Leti tells him to shut up because they hosed in high school.

I took that at him boasting around town that he had hosed all the girls in high school, where as in fact he had hosed no one. He looked pretty chastised.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Hey remember last week when this show was dismissed as homophobic?

Also, could someone explain the last bit with Tic and the translation for me?

You didn't miss anything, you know as much as we do. The translation was DIE, it triggered something that his mystery woman told him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Grem posted:

Is anyone else having a hard time understanding these characters? Some talk too low, or not enunciated. I've had some hearing damage a decade ago and I can't tell if it's finally catching up to me or if it's intentional.

Yeah I'm watching it on NOW TV in the UK and I have to constantly shift the volume up a significant amount from my TV's normal setting to hear people talking then push it back down during action or instrumental sections as those bits are now too loud.