Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Oasx posted:

First episode was good, I would have preferred a bit more Lovecraft and monsters, but perhaps that will come in later episodes.

One thing that confused me When they are being chased by the truck, that white woman parks her car in front of it in order to stop it chasing them. But the truck starts flipping over several meters before hitting her car. I can't tell if they messed up the effects for that, or if it really just flipped over for some mystical reason

I assumed it was because the car looked expensive, and they couldn't damage it. Also why when they see what I assume was the same car parked in front of the mansion we're only shown half of it. But it could be magic powers of some kind, because CGI could've taken care of that otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I've been noticing a lot of shows I watch have strong civil rights plots, to the point where I already knew what was going to happen for the first 40 minutes of the episode. Black people get glared at, it escalates to threats against them, then violence, then racist cop interactions, seen it all before in media... or so I thought. Because of this show I learned what "Sundown Towns" were. There's always more to learn about racism and it's always worse.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
So I'm getting vibes of American Horror Story from this show, especially the second episode. The way AHS is rapid-fire plot elements, sometimes connected to each other and sometimes not, and a loose wrapping element to try to make it seem coherent. It's fun to watch but it's not very Lovecraftian.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
About the uncle and a spoiler from the book that was spoiler-tagged earlier ITT: Apparently the uncle makes it through the entire book alive, so I was hoping he'd just be dropping impending-doom foreshadowing the entire series like he did in the first episode.