Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Hakkesshu posted:

They are definitely not shy about calling out Lovecraft himself - the first time they mention him by name they bring up his, er, poem, "On the Creation of N-Word," which is by far the worst thing he ever put to paper. It's hard to get a sense for where the season is going, not being familiar with the source material, but so far it seems to largely be a period piece with a helping of cosmic horror in the margins. Either way, I feel confident recommending it based on the first episode.

Saw the first episode and I'm in. Excellent acting (always like Courtney B Vance) and I like the real world "Green Book" touches although I wish it had waited just a bit more for the monster reveal. They didn't do anything wrong ... just my personal preference. Fairly tense and, aside from the intro and the end, reminded me of True Detective. Chicago and the backroads felt like two completely different worlds. Glad this brings up Sundown Towns as more people should know that was a thing in America.

I loved the way they handled Lovecraft and his racism. Between that speech and this one scene where the protagonist was talking about John Carter of Mars with another lady after the white people made them walk, but it fits:
"Stories are like people. Loving them doesn't make them perfect. You just try and cherish them, overlook their flaws"
"Yeah, but the flaws are still there."
"Yeah they are, but I love pulp stories. I love that heroes get to go on adventures in other worlds, defy insurmountable odds, defeat the monster, save the day" (I don't think he reads much Lovecraft but he might dig Conan).

Cool show. Also so it's said: Lovecraft was a talented nutjob but he was a racist kook even for his super racist time. Robert E Howard, a contemporary, even called commented on him being extreme (though Howard was from Texas he grew more tolerant as he met and talked with people not like him). Fear of the other and unknown were a large cornerstone of Lovecraft's work and combined with his prose really gives it a certain flavour that works even today, a century after. If it helps make it palatable for anyone, ol HP would probably really hate the casting and if they knock this out of the park then all the sweeter. I hope this goes well and I look forward to more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Xealot posted:

First episode was great. I'm already very into this show.

The intro dream sequence in particular is so awesome at introducing a lot of core concepts for the story: Atticus is a veteran who views himself as a genre fiction hero; he aspires to be a John Carter type who fights aliens and gets with a Space Princess in the end; but the Hero's Journey expectations he has of a prevailing hero become meaningless when they slam against HP Lovecraft. Not even Jackie Robinson can overcome an immortal Elder God, conflating cosmic horror with white supremacy and systemic racism in the first 2 minutes. It's so goddamn solid.
Nice read and I agree. Love the season preview which looks like they will heavily feature this theme.

Xealot posted:

Not to mention other fun details, like at the end of the episode where the racist cops are attacked and become infected with shoggoth monster contagion, and one of them is visibly morphing into a grotesque monster, and the other cop is still aiming his gun at some scared unarmed black people. In case True Detective was too subtle about how the white patriarchal power structure in America is essentially just a predatory cult of Cthulhu worshippers.
Hah yeah... of course it is a cop so that is kind of their default stance. Let us not forget if it wasn't the scion of Shub-Niggurath (good eye Italian) those same cops were taking them out to shoot them and bury them in the woods anyway. They weren't going for a gentle questioning.

Pedro De Heredia posted:

hp lovecraft sir your canceled

As one of the MANY people Lovecraft would have hated I can say that life already cancelled the dude hard, but there is still something to his writing. Even his lesser known non Cthulhu stuff like "the Outsider" or the "Quest of Iranon" there is still plenty of gold there. But make no mistake.... he hated lots of people. Also been known a loooooong time. There was a hilarious racist HP Lovecraft cameo in an issue of Planetary like 20 years ago

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

Loved the first episode, I never knew about Sundown Towns and goddamn what a horrific and monstrous concept that this was just an accepted thing in the not-too distant past.

Also I loving adore Uncle George, please don't hurt him!

Courtney B Vance has always been really good and hopefully this leads him to being used even more. That conversation he had with Atticus about his father, while Letitia fought with his brother inside the house, just had so many layers. The whole cast is amazing but I don't want anything bad to happen to Uncle George.

You could make a horror movie about just being black in the USA. Loved that lead up and the diner scene. Also Letitia going "we got to get the gently caress out of here" made me laugh like a goon. Also backing up the Aunt Jemima sign in the background of that one scene was even more chilling when you realize they JUST changed that this year.

banned from Starbucks posted:

The cop that chased them to the train tracks was one of the ones in the woods/cabin? I thought he stopped at the tracks? Did he radio the other cops ahead and then join them? Was kinda confusing how they edited that part. Is that how he knew his name?

Goons already mentioned how Leti's brother told them about NAACP complaining about Hunt. Why the chase? It's an old hunter trick. You flush out a deer/rabbit out of the brush and into the direction of your buddies with guns. Again, its an old trick and one Hunt has probably used a bunch. Find your prey, get them nice and scared and keep chasing them till they are wide eyed, shaky and sweaty. You radio your buddies and tell them you got someone suspicious coming their way. When they pull them over they see the suspects acting suspicious. You can now shoot people in the backwoods and everyone feels happy for a job well done and the world is safe.

Between this and Watchmen bringing attention to the Tulsa massacre I'm kinda pleased with HBO as a whole.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Ceramic Shot posted:

I've seen similar comments about Robert E. Howard floating around, but would just like to add that he was a lot worse than I think a lot of people seem to realize too, at least if his correspondence with Lovecraft is anything to go by. I've been reading A Means to Freedom, the collection of Howard/Lovecraft correspondence, and holy poo poo is it (unsurprisingly) a sty of vileness at times. As prejudiced as those times were, I can't help but put Howard into the category of "racist even for his generation." Spoilered for some of the most ugly bare-faced racism you'll hopefully read for a while. All of the following quotes are from Robert E. Howard, from around the year 1931:

Yikeseroni! They have some interesting conversations about the relative merits of civilization vs. barbarism and epistemology, at least, but the whole volume is kind of interwoven with this shared sense of fascistic racial destiny garbage.
drat... even I'm guilty of forgetting how bad it was. For anyone who was unaware and thought, like I did, he got more tolerant later on: Robert E Howard died in 1936. Lovecraft in 37. Bloody sad as I still love some of the old stuff like Flashman, Conan, Solomon Kane and the like. Still boggles the mind why it was (and is) so prevalent and pervasive. You'd think someone who was an artistic outsider would be more naturally sympathetic to others that society deemed different and unfit.

Clipperton posted:

OTOH, while a prodigious letter writer, Lovecraft never once used his correspondence to groom teens
Wait..what? <looks at the internet> Goddamit world. I know I haven't read comics in a while but still shocked I missed this. Please don't tell me if anyone found anything on Kurt Vonnegut.

Wolfsheim posted:

great first episode, I thought it went a little too big too soon (them being slowly chased by the sheriff is infinitely more menacing than them getting into a literal car chase gunfight with a redneck death squad so tonally it just felt a little weird) but then again the first twenty pages of Mountains of Madness is Lovecraft dryly reciting the travel logistics so maybe they wanted to assure the audience that things are actually gonna happen on this show

my girlfriend was annoyed that this was played as a tense getaway when obviously the cop was going to arrest or try to murder them regardless of if he could legally do so, and then was pleasantly surprised when that's exactly what happens a minute later

Love the name. I was just listening to "Upstairs" not more than 5 minutes ago. To me the diner was also beautifully tense until the hillbilly chase. If someone made a realistic horror show just based on being not white in 50s america I would be so down. Like a horror version of the real life Green Book.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

ex post facho posted:

the scoring is god loving awful, lmao at clones followed by killing strangers

that episode fell off pretty hard, IMO, hoping next week is better

Yeah me too. Really enjoyed last week but this one was just off. I could live with most music choices but Marilyn Manson always takes me back to the early 00s watching 90s movies on free cable after school. Even 12 years old me thought Manson was lame although his "Sweet Dreams" cover was alright in House on Haunted Hill and Blair Witch 2 had that hot goth chick. But leave Manson in the 90s. Didn't even make it True Blood cool... just less overall cool. The nazi looking literal wizards was ok but just some of the music and the overall episode tone just didn't click for me. Also agreed with the one goon about the CGI also taking me back to the early 00s. Literally reminded me of that Rose Red miniseries which is ok I guess, except I was more in the mood for Carnivale.
Next week might be alright. I'm hoping as I want to like this show and the 1st episode really hit with me.

Ballz posted:

Yeah, I felt like I was back in True Blood for some of that. Just a complete different tone from the previous week.

I'll stick with it for now, but man I'm not sure where it's gonna go from here.

True Blood was camp b series that found an audience and just embraced it. Sure, it went off the deep end in the end but it had a niche and was all the better for it. Can't remember if the 1st season was clunky.

Again I am rooting for this show. Sad about Uncle George as I loved every bit of that scene with him and Omar. They should have had more scenes together.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 24, 2020

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Hostile V posted:

cool Lovecraft stuff
Very nice post and I caught some of that.

megapuppy posted:

I'm enjoying this show, but man - it's really schlocky. It started off pretty well, I enjoyed the scene with the sheriff - but the minute otherwordly monsters started appearing, it turned into a Stuart Gordon movie. I mean, I *love* Stuart Gordon's lovecraft movies, but they are definitely not high art. And that second episode was ludicrous - like a tacky version of GET OUT with one-dimensional villains and some howlingly bad CG work.
It all feels weirdly un-HBO. More like a slightly-naff miniseries from a network channel, but with more overt sex and violence.

I love Gordon's movies and had the same opinion. Take the movie Dagon. It's one of the later Gordon takes and it still spends time building up the creepy until you get to tentacle mermaids and the children of Dagon. Far from perfect but it's effective. Re-Animator and From Beyond are great B movies. Still one of my favourite "Lovecraft" (means its not a direct HP story but a love letter to his work) movies is In the Mouth of Madness. The tension builds and builds until the climax. For most of the film you get subtle nightmarish vibe that increases and increases till you get the monsters. It was made in the 90s but made with practical effects but it still holds up today. Also stars the amazing Nam Neill. I also watched the movie Underwater the other day and thought it was a decent addition to the sub genre that I never would have checked out if someone hadn't spoiled the end. I thought it was just going to be a straight monster flick. Not bad although the ending was a bit too hollywood.

I'm still going to give it a few and don't mind B movies or ridiculous series. Ash VS the Evil Dead was silly as poo poo but also had some serious chops and was coherent. I miss Ash vs the Evil Dead.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

That Italian Guy posted:

I too am a fan of In the Mouth of Madness Event Horizon and think it's one of the best Lovecraftian horror movies out there. Speaking of Lovecraftian movies, it's not perfect but it's definitely in the vibe: Cold Skin. I guess it helps that I've watched it while I was going 1 week with barely any sleep due to strep throat and I would wake up to this never-changing, weird horror with fishmen from time to time. Really got me into the oniric horror theme of the movie.

hah... Event Horizon is another I like though a different beast from In the Mouth of Madness. I remember that movie being on television staple for like a year and I spent so much time late at night watching it. Cold Skin? I thought I was the only fan. You ever check out the Lighthouse? Similar vibe but different and really good.

Not Lovecraft but you can't go wrong with Prince of Darkness. That and Mouth of Madness make a good double feature as well as happen to be among the last good movies made by John Carpenter. I really think In the Mouth of Madness was his last good film.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

anothergod posted:

Just a show of hands (no judgment), who here was beaten as a kid? We see this a lot in media, and I think a lot of poor/immigrant/etc families make jokes about it, but I have very rarely seen it talked about on any other level than "good/bad/funny".

I remember when I was really little (like less than 3), my dad would slap my hand really hard if I did something bad. He's a first gen immigrant, and it was a much different time when he was growing up, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's how he was raised. I've never broached the topic w/ him, but I think he sees it as a bad thing that he just had to stop, and he's never had a reason to bring it up himself. Personally I don't care, but, it's just interesting to think about how things like that change.

You really want to know? It does happen and not just a tv thing.

I've been quietly enjoying the gently caress out of this show for a bit. Still think the second episode was not well done but man they keep getting better by the episode. Still find it amusing that this show can convey such fantastic and campy moments but toss in some punches to the guy that JUST GET YOU. Last week's episode was legit frightening and this week's episode was just bloody good. I still miss Courtney B Vance but Michael K Williams killed it. With just a few looks. I was shocked at how hard it hit, watching his face as Tulsa burned. His face remembering his first love. The words they said right before. gently caress me. Powerful stuff.

I do find it funny that a few years ago I was telling this one teenager about Tulsa. It was something you passed down from generation to generation. Was shite we said to each other to remind ourselves of what can and does happen around the world. Most of the world liked to pretend these things never happened so we always figured we would try and remember for it. Now Watchmen and Lovecraft Country made it public knowledge. As dark as the world gets at least that is something right?

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Darko posted:

I was spanked ridiculously, with belts bare assed full force up to like 60 times, switches, etc. by my father, mother, grandmother, etc. Raised in the 80s in a black family, and it was something passed down generationally from the South.
I know you got to pick your switch too. Grandmums are mean! Seriously don't make a lady over 60 mad as they are loving scary. Makes you feel any better its the same all around the world.... your parents can be from Detroit, Berlin or London but the rules are always the same.

asciidic posted:

I got full on beatings, not so much for discipline / punishment, but more because my dad was a perpetually frustrated ball of rage even without all the booze and cocaine use. It's easy to find similar cases in real life but I can't think of any portrayal in movies or TV off the top of my head that matches my experience. But Montrose's dad telling him to pick a switch brought back memories of my more mischievous cousins being told the same. There's something extra devilish in making a child choose the instrument of their own abuse. And they know they have to choose, because if they don't, the parent might choose something more painful.

Yeah. Same. Well there were corrections from my old man but really it was a mask for his own shite. Fathers and sons are a hell of a thing as this show is fairly good at portraying.
Not all family are like that though. Mostly I got whupped because I did something really bad. Like as in either hurt or almost killed someone (maybe myself) due to my carelessness or arrogance. As far as picking switches there is an art to it. As a kid you are scared shitless because you are worried about at what the parent will choose but if you pick? Even worse. Can't really capture the dread proper as you don't want to pick something really bad but if gently caress up and choose something too soft? They will get mad and pick something even worse than you ever could and you are going to get it even harder. Had a friend whose Pops liked to wear white disco belts from the 80s and he was a master at taking that belt off in seconds and brandishing it like the hand of god. I know some of the guys in this thread are shocked but there is a difference between full out abuse (my father when he was hosed up) and me getting my rear end beat because I nicked some rando from the local mart or lit something on fire. I was a stubborn arsehole bad kid, even at 6 years old, and time outs or cross words would not always penetrate. I give props to the family that did care, even if they spanked. Still don't think spanking should be totally haram; just make sure the person doing it only uses it when you have to and hates doing it.

In my experience the full on balled up fist punchings is not a correction thing at all. Knew this one kid whose parents ignored him until they were hosed up and the dice rolled a certain way and then they just loving hated. Hated everything. He'd hide out until it was calm again and they stopped caring. That's another thing: nobody is ever a monster. My dad was no monster, no diabolical villain, he just had trouble handling life. The 90s weren't all sunshine and poo poo would get to him and you roll the loving dice. Some days he could be fun and wanted to take you somewhere. Other days you could tell he was fighting tears. Some days he got mad. It became something you watched out for. Worst thing was... some days they knew. It was like they knew they hosed up their life and hurt yours and they were genuinely sorry. I heard they call it lucid moments. Those were the worst. I used to get this one part of a Dylan Thomas poem stuck in my head
"And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Whitest, most posh thing ever right? That was in my head from the very first time I heard it as a kid and would pop up when I looked at him. That one part still goes *pop* every time I think of my Dad.

These things happen. Don't feel weird about it if you didn't know and didn't have it happen to you. We all lead different lives and that is what makes this world stronger when we band together. I will say Tic and Montrose capture some of those relationships well. Montrose especially makes that silly rear end poem sound in my head. So yeah.... be nice to your kids if you have them and forgive your parents of their sins, while not forgetting their mistakes. gently caress... didn't mean to natter on like a Gram.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Open Source Idiom posted:

Excellent. No comment on the episode, except to say that I've missed seeing Regina Taylor on screen.

Irrelevant aside: the more I think about it, the more that it's obvious to me that this show isn't remotely interested in adopting the tone of Lovecraft's work. I think that put a lot of people off from watching an excellent show. *shrug* Their loss.

This show really is good about pulling in a ton of good actors.

Yeah I expected it to be far more into Lovecraft but have been really happy with how this show evolved. One thing I will say is that, in a way, they really did capture some of the spirit of HP Lovecraft and his writing, if not the core spirit. Xenophobia or fear of the other is probably THE theme behind every single bit (well aside from one offs like Quest of Iranon) of Lovecraft's works. Human's were constantly living in ignorance of these other entities and their servants who couldn't be fought or reasoned with. Even being around them could drive you to madness and death was a kind release. These creatures had no place for humanity except as food and not even their servants were spared their hunger. Lovecraft came up with all this as a reaction to the outside world and foreign non whites crowding into his traditional New England life. I still wonder how much living briefly in NYC broke him. LC is turning a spotlight on the xenophobia. Everyone is scared of people not like themselves. We all live there and are guilty of it, even if we should feel some sympathy and know better. I know people wondered why Montrose killed the ghost they rescued. At the time I figured it was just because he wanted to kill off all the magic and save his son but I realize I didn't know gently caress all.

Show good but man... it hits hard. Did not expect a show about ghosts, wizards and monsters to do that.

AtraMorS posted:

This is going to be really self-indulgent and I get it if nobody gives a poo poo.

Good read. Don't feel bad as I talked about way too long about personal bollocks. Your info was about more than relevant and brought up something that is sadly commonplace. You will find it in most, if not all, countries around the globe. Gentrification. Almost always those people get tossed out because they can't afford to live there and they move to another ghetto that luckily the powers that be don't give a care about.... for now. It's the one thing that really gets to me when people defend gentrification. Oh yeah you are bulldozing a "dangerous" area and providing new jobs and housing but are you giving it to the people who already live there? No? Then gently caress off with that shite. I remember one guy saying "well its not like we kick them out physically and shove guns into their faces?" Imagine a smug self satisfied inbred chuckle added as... you get the implication right? Insidious. And its everywhere.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Xealot posted:

I got into a conversation with someone about Watchmen and its portrayal of the Tulsa massacre, and their sense was that despite good intentions, there was something exploitive or sensationalist about how it packaged black historical pain. This episode is an interesting counterpoint to that, because the stakes are so personal. The scope of the tragedy felt much clearer to me...you actually get to spend some time in this community and see what it looked like before it was ripped apart. And definitely, it helps that your POV characters are all people you've seen shaped by the trauma of it (directly or indirectly.) It's wild that this event scrubbed from white history books for a century would be depicted twice within a year of each other, but I can definitely see how this version is better and more reverent.

One thing I definitely didn't expect, and that I'm thrilled by, is how Hippolyta is being handled. She's the kind of character that always gets marginalized even in trope-conscious storytelling: this middle-aged wife and mother, whose job is typically to be concerned or voice concern or mourn the dead or provide emotional support. It's thankless. Turning that on its head is my favorite surprise in this show. I'm all-in for Hippolyta becoming the blue-haired spacetime adventurer from Diana's comics. You thought Tic was going to become a John Carter type...nope, it's Hippolyta. It kicks rear end.
Agreed on both points. I liked Watchmen's portrayal more at the time as I was shocked it was mentioned at all. Before that, it really was something only some people passed down to others. Lovecraft Country's portrayal hit far harder and made it feel real. The Air Corps plane bombing really did happen btw. All because some young black man talked to a white lady on an elevator. Wasn't even her that complained. Most of the frenzy was caused by radio and newspapers driving people into a frenzy for ratings. The more things change right?

I was very happy with Hippolyta's role as well. I still miss Uncle George as I'm a fan of Courtney B Vance but am loving how they are going from here. They made the right choice. Still miss him though.

GimpInBlack posted:

It's even more general than "racism in New England." (Also, watch that bus breakdown scene in episode 1 again. Tic knows full well that crossing the Mason-Dixon line is no cause for relief.) For black people in the 1950s (and let's be real, continuing straight on through to today," America is a Lovecraft country. Both in the sense of plenty of white Americans all over the country holding views in line with old Howie Phil's and in the sense of "living in a world where vast powers that are at best utterly uncaring about you and at worst will casually destroy you out of hand if they deign to notice you." White supremacy, particularly as it is entrenched at every level of American society, law, and government, is the cosmic horror. The wizards and the monsters are just set dressing.

Very good take and worded better than I did.

Doltos posted:

I'm just wondering where they go from here with the eldritch stuff. Is Tic going to be battling systematic racism with shoggoths or something? It just feels like this show can easily, easily go off the rails. It hasn't yet from its overall message but I'm just waiting for it to start reaching.
Was more worried when I watched episode 2. Not as much now but still, cross those fingers and maybe your toes as well. Landings are hard to stick.

Still love they are bringing in so many actors that don't get enough work. If they bring in CCH Pounder and Charles S Dutton I will be so happy. Been a fan of Dutton since I was a kid and that guy can act the hell out of far more than just cop roles. CCH Pounder should have been an A lister decades ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Doronin posted:

Stayed away from this thread to avoid spoilers, but godamn I loved this show. It wasn't predictable, and presented really tough issues in such a creative way, but recontextualized a lot of things to make them more powerful.

Although for my wife, her favorite part was how Hippolyta was handled within the story. Someone already mentioned that moms usually get sidetracked as 'emotional support' and don't really get to do much. But in this show she gets to go on a grand adventure, and when given the chance, names herself "mother." That really appealed to her.

Your avatar scares the gently caress outta me but I agree. Was it the greatest ending in the world? Nah, but I did enjoy it. Really enjoyed it. Had little quibbles but, as a whole, liked it. Season as a whole was good. Still think episode 2 was just too rushed and felt a bit sloppy but, like I said in the previous sentence, minor quibbles. This show went all out on characters and that was its strength. Cutting white people off from magic cracked me up but you just know they aren't going to like that. Puts a giant target on your bum tho. Still think it was batty that this show is so good at capturing human nature, warts and all. Would not have expected that from this show from the trailers.

socialsecurity posted:

To show that just because a person is a White Feminist doesn't mean they won't sacrifice/use black people to get what they want. They sort of do that with Tic and the gay stuff as well, being oppressed doesn't automatically make you sympathetic to other people being oppressed.
I really do like that about this show. I remember being a kid and hearing someone say "shouldn't we be better than them?" Still wonder about that myself. Sometimes I joke about how the men in power must laugh about how we, the little tribes of common people, all fight each other for the scraps they let fall from their table. Too dark, too light, gay or not gay, wrong religion, speak funny, walk funny or can't walk at all. We separate ourselves so easily. Do all the work for the masters so they can just sit back and laugh over mai tais on their yachts. "Shouldn't we be better than them?"

Anonymous Zebra posted:

The question you should ask is why is the onus always on black people to be the ones that show forgiveness in the face of generational violence?
Agreed. Still gotta look at Dee and all the poo poo she went through. After all that and she sees the white sorceress villain just weakly calling for help. Yeah she could have walked away but that is just asking for trouble. Even without magic she is still a white lady with connections and knowledge. Who will be desperate to regain that same power and knows plenty of other white folks who also really want magic back. Not even slightly real life but still... if you had spent months losing your father and seeing everyone around you getting hosed by white people and/or magic then wouldn't you just be like "no sequel for you"? Fictional world and whatnot but really.... if Hitler came back and started gaining followers would you just roll with it? Send him off for counseling? gently caress no... you put a bullet in him or push him off a building and hope that works. Cynical? Not nice? Sure but it is the smart play and lots less people suffer. That alone doesn't make you a villain. Now if she starts siccing her pet Shoggy on babies and robo arms puppies then you can slate her in the villain category.

Yes I did see that movie and liked it.

Also like that her "good" Shoggy is black so you know it' good. Also more powerful than the white Shoggoths. Reminded me of this one scene from an old movie that had me dying.
Yes I was very high.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxzWzH0bmGw

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 19, 2020