Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Bismuth posted:

I wont be especially happy if they decide to try and rehab his lovely behavior through gayness. I am not a fan of the whole violent closeted gay thing, its something I've seen a few too many times for my (gay) taste. Nothing can redeem him in my eyes and if they try to make him sympathetic at this point its not going to work for me.

They've explained his violent ways due to his own father beating him, so I don't think the closeted gay thing is related to the violent thing as muchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

I just don't know with this show. I think it might be bad - the tone is all over the place both within episodes and episodes to episode - its like it doesn't want to be as campy a la AHS but still wants to have some comedic elements... but it just doesn't work. Also Montrose is just a badly written character (he's one dimensional and awful! but now he's gay!) and having Tic be a war criminal also just doesn't work. And the woman falls in love with him... despite him murdering her friend? For reasons?

I mentioned this before but the tone problems remind me a lot of Hunters, although this is a better show.

I guess at least there was some good elements of body horror in episode 5.

Montrose is a monster sure but badly written? He's very realistic.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

AccountSupervisor posted:

Its especially weird to complain that Ji-Ah developed feelings for Tic when she very clearly expresses she is tortured by and struggling with that exact internal conflict.

Almost as if shes a complex character or something.

It'll be interesting is she joins the main cast love triangle wise, Tic and Leti have bonded over fighting monsters and Tic and Ji-Ah bonded over being the monster.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Oasx posted:

Overall I was disappointed both in the ending and the show, I was expecting more Lovecraft and horror and less fistfights.

I think my biggest disappointment of the finals was that they spent a whole season building up the Ruby and Christina relationship only to just abandon it. What exactly was the point?

I will watch a season two if they make it, and if they just make the protagonist less awful then that would solve the biggest issues the show has.

To show that just because a person is a White Feminist doesn't mean they won't sacrifice/use black people to get what they want. They sort of do that with Tic and the gay stuff as well, being oppressed doesn't automatically make you sympathetic to other people being oppressed.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Some truly excellent, amazing episodes in a regrettably mediocre show. Whatever infected HBO's Watchmen made its way into this too

No season 2 please

Hey some people enjoyed it, you can just pretend season 2 doesn't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

9 tailed foxes existed before anime, automatically classifying Korean cultures historical myths as "anime" is racist as poo poo. But I do agree the pacing was a bit erratic and the 2 big magic endgame setpieces in the 2nd and last episodes felt different than every other episode and not in a good way.