Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

This was not the improvement I was asking for!

Elviscat posted:

Oh poo poo my new blow gun came.

Not only am I a VIP, all the threads are O-ring sealed!

Okay, so it's not a good seal.

That last image caused physical discomfort.

This continues to be my favorite SA page-turner.

I’m not sure quite how universal any of this is, but I know it strikes a deep, primal chord. At least for me, these situations feel like something akin to being confronted with cleaning the Aegean Stables while not being Hercules and with much greater, more dire stakes. Goodness knows you keep finding more and more poo poo everywhere you touch in that house.

This is utterly heroic stuff. I’m pulling for you every time open this thread. Can’t imagine there aren’t others reading this who feel deeply invested in your progress and success.

I hope (not believe, just hope) that some goon memorializes your odyssey in some forums-appropriate fashion. If I had media skills (and weren’t mired in my own myriad, ever growing, Sisyphean must-do list) I’d try my hand at a MS-Paint-based narrative set to, “The Cat Came Back,” as that feels like the kind of personalized-yet-ultimately-unhelpful kind of thing that results from being unable to contribute in a tangible way.

Godspeed, man. Rubberneckers aside (it’s a fascinating crash,) there seems to be a real contingent who need you to succeed.

Lotta sincerity from a complete stranger on a dead comedy forum, but sometimes that’s what’s called for.

Good luck, Elviscat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

Elviscat posted:

1st long stringer in.

Held up by 1 very robust welding magnet.

As welded in as it's going to get tonight.

I was welding until 10pm, my neighbors for sure think I have a turbo meth lab/grow op going on.

A good face to greet the cops with.

“Sir, we’ve had reports of intense screaming and a lot of late-night construction. We can see over your shoulder that a LOT of floorboards seem to have been recently replaced. What’s with the lack of stairs? Are you trying to keep people from going up or coming down?”

“I am not protected.”

“Alright, Johnson, he’s just an eccentric. Let’s go.”

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

Elviscat posted:

I literally don't know if this house is structurally sound enough to continue.

Like I am seriously considering selling this house for next to nothing and giving up.

I’d fake my own death (so my wife and kid could get the insurance money) and go live off of cat food under a viaduct or in a disused quarry.

I couldn’t even muster a bemused head shake over this one. gently caress.