Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Wow.

I think Lowe's being short on 5 fittings you need is more nightmare fuel than most of the other parts of the project.

Also, on the Dewalt tools - I just bought the 20v handheld wet/dry vac because my toddler produces crumbs at an ASTOUNDING rate. Anyway, it's a great little unit if you find you need to clean poo poo up but can't haul a full shopvac around. I was surprised it worked at wet too, but that's not my current use case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Elviscat posted:

Last OG window is out, one last look at the awesome retro framing they did.

So, for the bedroom and top-of-the-stairs doors I wanted to put in 36" doors, but there's two stain-grade solid core hemlock doors sitting on the clearance rack outside Lowe's for 1/2 off, they'd match my French doors, and they have the correct swing. (They don't match each other, but whatever)

Any thoughts on 32" vs 36"? Would the latter make moving furniture way easier? Should I just get them?

I'm covered in mouse sebum covered blow-in rn, and it's so incredibly itchy.

I also need to stain my deck.

If you stain the deck, the cat won't blend in as well. Tradeoffs, I suppose.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Elviscat posted:

I've been ignoring my lawn for way too long because of the house.

Took like 3 hours to mow the ~3\4 of an acre that I keep trimmed because the mulch was too much for the 13hp Kohler.

Kastein: the growing season here has been nuts, even more so than usual, you're going to have a lot of fun with Blackberry thickets next time you go out to your parcel.

That reminds me of when we bought our house, I thought I'd be ~fancy~ and get the Dewalt 40v mower, which was supposed to be pretty good at the time. Turns out the sellers apparently had a thorough fertilizing regime. I had to mow that fucker twice a week, and 17ah wasn't always enough to do it in one go. I've since bought a gas mower, and once a week is okay, and that's after neglecting it for 2 years. Stupid lawns.