Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Goddamn... This is awesome. I'm totally using this during my next woodworking project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

TheNothingNew posted:

you need to accept that it will always be a little ugly in a way that'll bug you for years to come and no-one else will ever notice without you pointing it out.

This one sentence encapsulates every single one of my home projects so perfectly that it was a punch to my brain.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

kastein posted:

plate screws at a jaunty 27 degree angle

This made me laugh.

I have 8000 pounds of flagstone pallets currently sitting on my driveway that I admit to being stressed to start laying down on my terrace because the perfectionist in me is freaking out and making me overthink things: what if they are uneven? What if they wobble? What if it looks ugly? What if they are too far apart? Too close together? What if, what if, what if.

Well, I’ll get around to posting pics of the project and when I’m done ya’ll can critique my work. You won’t be any harsher than my inner monologue. :)

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Elviscat posted:

I'm sooooo excited to get to wiring, I already know that's gonna be a clean sheet brand-new service.

Of all the things, this is the best thing.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

:unsmith:

That is awesome. You are awesome.

It’s so cool that the cat actually went in and is using its new house. I have had no cat that has ever used a small hone/fort that I set up for it.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Elviscat posted:

not too much of an issue with my large array of jacks.

This phrase hit my train of thought like a speed bump (what a wonderful mixed metaphor).

I know very few non-gearheads who have a jack.

I know no one who can say “large array” when it comes to their jack collection.

How and why does one have enough jacks that “large array” becomes an adequate descriptor?

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

devil details etc

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Elviscat posted:

I literally don't know if this house is structurally sound enough to continue.

Like I am seriously considering selling this house for next to nothing and giving up.

E: maybe I'm just freaking out, idk, I have no idea how to make this right.

What are we looking at?

I see freshly cut studs so there's no real structural integrity, but it looks like you did that recently. What am I missing?

edit: oh wait. Is it that the existing stud is so far out of alignment with the new stud? because :ohdear:

Agrikk fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 28, 2021

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Jesus. All of a sudden you have a for-real house! drat fine work.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

PurpleXVI posted:

...am I the only person in the world who loves blackberry thickets? They're free berries.

Plus if you have a blackberry thicket instead of a lawn you don't have to mow it, just lop off a few creepers when it tries to escape whatever containment zone you have for it.

PurpleXVI posted:

...am I the only person in the world who loves blackberry thickets? They're free berries.

Plus if you have a blackberry thicket instead of a lawn you don't have to mow it, just lop off a few creepers when it tries to escape whatever containment zone you have for it.

They send runners everywhere, their roots spread and sprout as new growth, and yeah, raccoons, rats, voles.

Blackberries come in third after bamboo and English Ivy.

I’ll happily plunder a thatch of berries along the many side roads around here, but on my property? No way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

kastein posted:

There is no such thing as a nice little patch of blackberries in Washington. There is a world of blackberries, and small patches of freedom that must be constantly defended with the blood of patriots. They're like your nice little blackberry patch but feral and on a meth bender.

Tomorrow I’ll go take a picture of my back fence. I, too live in western Washington and to get my fence exposed to daylight would require a napalm drop.

During the growing season I fill my green garbage with all the clippings I can manage to hack off with a hedgehog and I basically break even from year to year.

Like I said: there’s bamboo, there’s Ivy and there’s blackberry.