Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

At least it's not sewage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Elviscat posted:

Off to a rocky start:

In true AI style, going for the barefoot welding championships?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Long as you're wearing your safety squints you'll be fine.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

:stare:

Lotta structural air going on there.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yeah, unless you're both willing to spend money to hire someone to do the foundation right instead of fast, and get lucky on settling, everything's eventually going to be a little out of level. As long as it's not major, most stick builds are flexible enough that you won't notice.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

kastein posted:

It's not easter yet, try to keep the nails out of your hands.

Wall looks great! Way easier to get them securely nailed/screwed when you can run a few in from the end as well as the toenails on each side, too.

I usually just go for full Vlad the Impaler mode and put my lumber or pipe out the passenger front window if it's not long enough. I've come home with 12 footers out the window of the Roadmaster a bunch and 10 footers out the window of various jeeps and subarus.

That was how I always hauled stuff in the Cherokee. Amazing what you can wedge in there once you knock the back seat down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Zarin posted:

OOF.

We had a LOT of training in our machine shop about "never try to catch ANYTHING". They didn't care what it was, if it started falling, just get out of the way.

It's definitely a natural reflex, though, and even as safety-conscious as I was, I still did it from time to time.

Yep, I have a nice scar on my hand where I learned that lesson in a professional kitchen too. Let falling knives fall.

Sorry about your stitches Elviscat, hope it heals up soon!