Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
I used to train realtors because I did social media for a mortgage company. The reason that sentence makes sense is because mortgage companies aren't allowed to pay realtors for getting them loans, so they give them things like social media training with no actual value so they don't get in trouble.

Most realtors here in FL (2nd most realtors per capita in the nation) are otherwise unemployed but have income from either trust funds, rich family, or marrying into money. About a third of the people who take the Realtor test in Florida never make a single sale on their own, and another third make fewer than 3 in their entire career. The entire industry is a scam on every level, and even successful realtors have to change agencies or start their own to avoid having their pockets picked by their agencies who subsidize training and testing for their unsuccessful realtors on the backs of their successful ones.

A big portion of what I taught people was just underscoring the ethics portion of their realtor class, because in Florida we don't have enough enforcement from the realty board so most people only get caught by posting verifiably untrue things on Zillow (very specifically) or their listing group's MLS database. I can verify, however, that there is a lot of pressure for realtors to lie to get sales and as a result you should verify every single thing a Realtor says for your drat self.

I also took photos of residential listings and I can't tell you the number of people who asked me to (illegally) photoshop out major flaws and defects in properties. It's a $2k fine and a strike against your license if the board finds out you posted edited photos to your MLS and they still thought "pretty please" would get me to do their dirty work.

Realtors: not even once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU