Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Sup - also I'm a commish but only for the power and not for the responsibility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I feel like we should up the prize pool to $420.69 and the paypal notes should include :420::2bong::420::cheers:

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
It's a slow draft if I remember correctly, normally 8h per pick?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I probably made a huge mistake by grabbing a WR instead of an RB, but thems the breaks.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
If swift turns out to be better I expect to be able to retroactively reverse my choice.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Frankly I'm surprised that there are so many teams that hadn't drafted a defense yet.

Also:

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
You need at least 4 starting QBs to have a chance since if your QB dies, he dies.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Deciding whether I should change my team to Tompa Bray

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Sataere posted:

Can't believe Hamler fell as far as he did. He's been in my queue for days

If I hadn't needed some sort of extra RB option he was going to be yet another WR pick for me.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

jabro posted:

You all are fools for letting Darnold go so low. With all the bars closed no way he can get mono this season. MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP

Yeah this year he'll get a staph infection from the recovery room tubs and covid from his teammates.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

lovely diaper squad is now called “LE’VEON’S YEAR”.

Mods please change to "Le'Veon's YeIR"

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
It's okay, only a few more weeks until every nfl player has covid and it won't matter anymore

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
He is firmly on record as anti NFL, but we should probably keep playing and award him $1 in damages for his troubles.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I think it would be fine, might even become necessary at some point once people start really getting infected.

We DO need a sort of graveyard IR slot, so if someone on your roster dies of covid you get to keep them there forever.

Alternatively, I feel like if you start a player who has covid and they die on the day of the game then you get 100 points.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
The other thing to check is the record from weeks 1-14. Our current PF includes week 15...

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Sataere posted:

Alright boys, it is time to figure out draft order. Week 16 we play for draft position, so make sure to set your lineups.

Toilet Bowl
Team PUP vs Andrew Luck Retirement Center

3rd Pick
:3 vs Le'Veon's Year

5th Pick
Bagronkadonks vs Newtonian Fluids

7th Pick
Dakota's Johnson vs Piss Tape Is Real

My read based on Week 14 records and scores is:

Toilet Bowl
Team PUP (3-11) vs Andrew Luck Retirement Center (4-10, 1431.5 PF)

3rd Pick
:3 (4-10, 1570.4 PF) vs Bagronkadonks (5-9, 1338.8 PF)

5th Pick
Le'Veon's Year (5-9, 1355 PF) vs Newtonian Fluids (5-9, 1562.9 PF)

7th Pick
Dakota's Johnson (6-8) vs Piss Tape Is Real (8-6)

Seeding for Playoffs also made sense in my book - $$ Disposable Income $$ had a better record than 2 other divisional champs, but was slotted in as the wild card at seed #4.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Dec 23, 2020

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

jabro posted:

From what I understand of the seeding rules $$ Disposable Income $$ and myself should have been switched in seeding but we both didn't score enough to win either game so it's moot.

I stand corrected - re-read the rules and noticed that the seeding was by score but the 3 division winners and highest scorer who wasn't a division winner gets in the playoffs. But yeah, doesn't matter either way.

I'd be in favor of just a simple uniform process for ranking and seeding, where it's just record then score as tiebreaker for all parts of the process. Alternatively, we could add record -> divisional record -> score.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Funny story I just recently filed as a food bank so you are welcome to send his money to me.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Spermy Smurf posted:

Furnace, roof, windows, well, septic, water heater... I hit it all in about 3 years.

I just took out my chimney rather than spend $2500 and put in a propane furnace direct vented outside.

Some was a known thing, but the windows caught us off guard. Just so much rot that some of the sills and plates were just gone. Two 2x4's rotted away in 2 different windows. Argh.

I am saving for the day our windows need to be replaced, since it ain't going to be cheap. Got one wall of the house that's basically all window.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Sure why not

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm only in if one person drops out.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
For whoever is taking the lead this year, quick reminder that the discount on setting up a new league in MFL expires on Thursday...

I haven't seen anything transferred over for the new year yet

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I am in for the league and I might still have commish powers but certainly not the wherewithal to do it. Having enough trouble commishing my own life and the SAS Dynasty league as is.

Team name Newtonian Fluids, although with him not on the Panthers anymore I might need to change it to Darnold Duck or something like that.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Yeah I really can't get into it anymore unless the quarterback can't get the ball unstuck from his hand and his defensive end stepbrother comes to help.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Spermy Smurf posted:

We probably need to reach out to IRL friends to try to get this league rolling. Not a lot of traffic on the FF thread in these forums. Same 8 or 9 people chatting over and over, they all have plenty of leagues too.

If I had IRL friends I wouldn't be on this forum :cmon:

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm in. How about that pigskin? How about that sport with the pigskin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'll take over the rest of the teams and make sweetheart deals to create an unstoppable super team