Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Senerio posted:

I mean they've all but said Jod is a resurrection beast...

I considered him or AL being the earth resurrection beast, but it doesn’t really make sense for the timing since from what I understand the thanergy conversion had to happen for him to perform the first Resurrection and given the description of him being unable to return to earth and the great evil/unending source of thanergy described in the facility in GtN, it just kind of made more sense to me?

Also: anyone else think it’s Jod’s fault the River is hosed up? Imo it’s either from the Resurrection or making the Tomb, and I’m betting it’s the Tomb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

DreamingofRoses posted:

More theorizing with HtN spoilers: so I was looking at the descriptions of the Resurrection Beasts again, and so far they’ve killed the ghosts of Mercury, Venus, Mars, Saturn (I’m very disappointed that one wasn’t Uranus with the sphincters), and Neptune, assuming that it takes place in our system (they do line up with the descriptions, largely). Has there been any discussion of the revenant of Earth being trapped in its corpse on the planet of the First House? That’s what I’m guessing.

Could you elaborate on this? I don’t remember the descriptions of the Beasts.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Smiling Knight posted:

Could you elaborate on this? I don’t remember the descriptions of the Beasts.

The descriptions are kind of scattered throughout Harrow given the nature of the narrative and that they all have to come from conversations with the Lyctors and Jod, but the wiki has them compiled: https://thelockedtomb.fandom.com/wiki/Resurrection_Beast. If we take the first one as representing a distortion of Mercury (wings, metallic etc…) then the ones missing from the list are the third planet (Earth), the fifth planet (Jupiter) and the ninth planet (Pluto).

DreamingofRoses fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 15, 2022

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/tordotcom/status/1503734636773580802?s=20&t=gRpqogyHuxwAroBqfvfSAw

All of the dogs!

quote:

Dramatis Personae
Guest List

(as transcribed by C. Hect.)

Dogs to invite to birthday party

* Brown one by the fish shop, average sized, four legs
* Stop It, name assumed, lies under counter at dairy, red colour, big sized, four legs
* White-and-black one seen once in the park, average sized, tail curled twice, three legs
* Noodle, king of dogs in secret, white-adjacent, small sized, six legs
* Spotted beach dog, often on beach, large sized, huge ginger eyebrows, three legs

Members of gang to invite to birthday party

* Hot Sauce
* Honesty
* Born in the Morning
* Beautiful Ruby
* Kevin

Teachers

* The Angel?

Blood of Eden

* Crown Him with Many Crowns (No.—C.)
* The Captain, maybe (Not possible.—C.)
* Cell Commander We Suffer and We Suffer, although actually she might be Wing Commander, I don’t know which it is (It’s both, and no.—C.)

And you three (Good to know.—C.)

Entropic fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 15, 2022

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

She is an absolute fuckin nutter lol

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

sebmojo posted:

She is an absolute fuckin nutter lol

I love it

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
You know I am starting to think that JG is RB3 just for the surname.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Re: the beasts, beast 8 fits Neptune but I don't think that the description of Beast 4 fits Mars at all-it seems more like Venus, Neptune, or Earth.

The Beast 1=Mercury theory makes a lot of sense though...I'll have to think this over.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

t3isukone posted:

Re: the beasts, beast 8 fits Neptune but I don't think that the description of Beast 4 fits Mars at all-it seems more like Venus, Neptune, or Earth.

The Beast 1=Mercury theory makes a lot of sense though...I'll have to think this over.

https://www.planetary.org/space-images/a-face-on-mars

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I must know more about Kevin

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Got a friend who's reading this rn

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
There’s an excerpt up of Nona on Tor.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Oh no I love Nona so much

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Whoa, so the other one in the group of three is Pyrrha, and it looks like the other two are Palamedes and Camilla considered as separate entities, rather than either Judith or Coronabeth being involved, which does in fact make a lot more sense.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I love Nona and I love SexPal and I love Cam and Pyrrha is growing on me rapidly too.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Oh dear. Nona is a good kid. She's not going to have a good time.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
So Nona is Gideon sans memories in Harrow's body, right? Stuff like her thirsting over Coronabeth and the rear end joke thing are very Gideon-like, and the hair growth was something Ianthe did to Harrow.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

That's what I'm thinking? Anything beyond that would probably be too confusing to be able to keep track of, but hey, who knows

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Happy Landfill posted:

Anything beyond that would probably be too confusing to be able to keep track of, but hey, who knows

Yeah there's no way a Locked Tomb book would ever be confusing.

(But also yes, agreed)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I wish Muir would post her AU on AO3 under a pseudonym. I wanna read what she wrote!

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 31, 2022

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

The Locked Tomb series worst kept secret.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

drat, look how good these books look all together like this

https://twitter.com/Panediting/status/1513983645903691777?s=20&t=rWYfzQe0knwPzynvtc5DoA

That is an ARC, by the way

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I'm buying all the ebooks and audiobooks as we go, but might grab the set once Alecto is out tbh

silvergoose fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 13, 2022

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/BUMBLEBYCAN0N/status/1515108416485830664?s=20&t=DtIaLgFDpWdMfiugfbldqA

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

What is an enormous bitch who can't even do a Goddamn star jump?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Me, I'm waiting for a GTN reference in the NYT crossword.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/saltyseaghost/status/1495431760724873222
I ran across this twitter thread about a Tamsyn Muir Q&A, and I've just gotta say

cptn_dr posted:

Come on, he's clearly Taika Waititi

VINDICATION

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

By the year's end there will absolutely be cheeseburger shirts like on the Nona cover.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i just binged the hell out of GtN and HtN and my big takeaway is this is just warhammer 40k but with space lesbians instead of space marines

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Robo Reagan posted:

i just binged the hell out of GtN and HtN and my big takeaway is this is just warhammer 40k but with space lesbians instead of space marines

So, better.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
hell yeah

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Someone describing GtN as "Revolutionary Girl Utena meets 40k" is what sold me on it

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

:siren:thunderdome winner:siren:

Robo Reagan posted:

My husband is trying to sell me on reading the Warhammer Eisenhorn books by describing them as "basically what would happen if Jod could never leave the Mithraeum for Reasons and the Lyctors didn't all just fuckin die fighting space godzillas immediately"

I don't know if that's accurate but it definitely increased their appeal for me.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I mean yes but those are background plot elements and have no real effect on the stories. Though Eisenhorn is not a bad book.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Locked Tomb unfortunately does not have a Mechanicus though.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Why would you need a Mechanicus when your tanks are skeletons, your light infantry are skeletons, your labor is skeletons, etc

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
In this fan fiction I will tell the story of Magos Tech Priestess Harrowhark and her accompanying Inquisitor Gideon.

Ianthe plays the part of a chaos heretic loose on Mars.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Apr 19, 2022

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
it does have decrepit weirdos praying themselves to death in ancient tombs so we've at least got the ecclesiarchy

and lyctors are just stolen from my ot9 polycule primarch fanfic

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

M_Gargantua posted:

In this fan fiction I will tell the story of Magos Tech Priestess Harrowhark and her accompanying Inquisitor Gideon.

Ianthe plays the part of a chaos heretic loose on Mars.
you forgot the link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Necromancer/Cavalier dynamic something Muir had originally come up with for a homestuck fanfic she wrote?