Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I knew she wrote fanfic and was of some renown,, I just didn't realize she wrote THE fanfic that everyone was talking about way back when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Even in youth her power was great, I guess? All hail the Nerdlord Prime.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Kesper North posted:

All hail the Nerdlord Prime.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

My Immortal auteur confirmed by implication????

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Happy Landfill posted:

I think Muffin might be referring to this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/HobbyDrama/comments/q58os2/sff_books_the_story_of_tamsyn_muir_her_fanfiction/

Edit: Here's a pretty in-depth interview with Muir about the incident and the fanfic in particular. (CW for discussion of csa)
https://threecrowsmagazine.com/tamsyn-muir-interview-there-is-a-lot-of-blood-on-my-dance-floor/
Yeah it's this + what happened to Isabel Falls causing the anxiety. I don't know why in particular it's queer folks in SF/F who get the worst of it, but there is a deeply puritanical sections of both that get off on acting like inquisitors and don't seem to really care whether their target has actually done anything wrong. Being a queer person in the public eye is hard enough right now without knowing part of your own "community" are looking for any excuse to ruin you.

SurreptitiousMuffin fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jul 1, 2022

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Happy Landfill posted:

Well, drat, now I definitely gotta pick up Dawnhounds! Always happy to support a Goon, and especially after the glowing praise from Muir! :cheersbird:

Seriously, congrats Muffin!! :)

:same:
Added it to my wishlist a while back after seeing Muir's glowing recommendation of it.

Also started listening to the One Flesh, One Purpose podcast. It's good and makes me remember stuff from the first book, but hearing the host's accents for the first time threw me for a slight loop for some reason. :v:

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jul 1, 2022

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Cooked Auto posted:

:same:
Added it to my wishlist a while back after seeing Muir's glowing recommendation of it.

Also started listening to the One Flesh, One Purpose podcast. It's good and makes me remember stuff from the first book, but hearing the host's accents for the first time threw me for a slight loop for some reason. :v:

You mean One Flesh, One End? Love that podcast.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

One Flesh, One Conclusion

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

One meat, one lessons learned appraisal

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

(6th house variant obvs)

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

One flesh, one bone, one true religion,
One voice, one hope, one real decision,
Give me one light, yeah,
Give me one hope, hey,
Just give me
(mumblemumblesomething)

Jod: "Gimme fried chicken."

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

disposablewords posted:

One flesh, one bone, one true religion,
One voice, one hope, one real decision,
Give me one light, yeah,
Give me one hope, hey,
Just give me
(mumblemumblesomething)

Jod: "Gimme fried chicken."

oh my god lol

my same thought

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
one meat, one spin

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Yeah it's this + what happened to Isabel Falls causing the anxiety. I don't know why in particular it's queer folks in SF/F who get the worst of it, but there is a deeply puritanical sections of both that get off on acting like inquisitors and don't seem to really care whether their target has actually done anything wrong. Being a queer person in the public eye is hard enough right now without knowing part of your own "community" are looking for any excuse to ruin you.

god, yeah, it's hosed

and there's no getting away from it too, afaict; I've seen people who actually were lovely but took appropriate steps to stop and do their part to make appropriate amends with injured parties (some even successfully) who still have randos bringing up poo poo from ages ago

i didnt know the details what happened with muir but christ that sucks

there's still people i would outright deck* over the isabel fall thing who never even get brought up when people name bad actors.

*not a threat, just angry hyperbole, i feel silly clarifying but tbh with the way the world is rn i would rather be crystal clear that this is in no way a statement of intent or an actionable threat, i am just even now still so helplessly angry over that one

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Everything to do with Fell is heartbreaking. The internet has completely killed anything close to nuance and context.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

silvergoose posted:

You mean One Flesh, One End? Love that podcast.

Yes. I should've not trusted my gut instinct with the title. :doh:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

There is neither lie or exaggeration in this tumblr post

https://faustandfurious.tumblr.com/post/668373152770965505/laughing-at-how-the-circumstances-leading-to

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

One Flesh One End is back and it's the death first to vultures and scavengers chapters and those might just be my absolute favorite of the series.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I love listening to their absolute joy as they re-read bits of the book. One Flesh is a fun listen!

Also, just a heads up, a bunch more of Nona is available through Amazon's (fuckin Amazon) Search Inside function so their might be a bunch of out-of-context spoilers floating around.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheNinthHouse/comments/vvocx5/insane_amount_of_nona_spoilers_on_amazon/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Most places like r/thelockedtomb have spoiler policies, but maybe be careful on places like tumblr if you are so inclined

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

yes i'll...... definitely take this opportunity................. to avoid spoilers......

if you'll excuse me, i just have to... go to the kitchen... for a drink...

neongrey fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jul 11, 2022

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

neongrey posted:

e: im not seeing anything new there that i havent seen before :(
I AM SUMMONED

CAM AND SEXPAL DO A F–

*gets immediately merced by 100 BoE snipers*

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

lol sniped just as i deleted it because it turns out the search inside does indeed contain quite a lot of text lol

e: flipped through some stuff, no comment beyond that im jazzed

neongrey fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jul 11, 2022

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I feel like there isn't much point to reading it with a bunch of random pages missing, so I'll definitely wait. This just isn't helping lol

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
The wait feels like it’s getting longer the closer we get and I’m trying to avoid everything that is not the excerpt on Tor.com.

Two months to go, friends.

tiniestacorn
Oct 3, 2015

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

CAM AND SEXPAL DO A F–

Please god let this be true

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
There's another new preview available through google play books (maybe other places but that's where I got it) that's basically chapters 1-6, no prologue. We get a liiiittle more context for how Nona et all came to be on this weird planet, and a big look into Nona's life :allears:

I'm having a real hard time reading literally anything right now because all I want to do is read Nona, and Nona isn't out yet. It's driving me insane.

Related to what we see in this preview, I have no idea who Nona is. She's not Harrow or Gideon with memory loss, or I'm pretty sure she isn't. She's a totally different person who happens to be in Harrow's body.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

big dyke energy posted:

There's another new preview available through google play books (maybe other places but that's where I got it) that's basically chapters 1-6, no prologue. We get a liiiittle more context for how Nona et all came to be on this weird planet, and a big look into Nona's life :allears:

I'm having a real hard time reading literally anything right now because all I want to do is read Nona, and Nona isn't out yet. It's driving me insane.

Related to what we see in this preview, I have no idea who Nona is. She's not Harrow or Gideon with memory loss, or I'm pretty sure she isn't. She's a totally different person who happens to be in Harrow's body.

it's like roxas

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I got mail!

Now I just have to find a frame that fits 12x17, everything is for 11x17

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Amazing!! Debating picking up a print myself. These covers are so stylish and cool!

Idaholy Roller
May 19, 2009
Do we have a release date yet? Need my fix damnnit

First one was one of the best BOTM I’ve partook in, kinda book I would never have picked independently

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Idaholy Roller posted:

Do we have a release date yet? Need my fix damnnit

First one was one of the best BOTM I’ve partook in, kinda book I would never have picked independently

2 months! September 13th!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Still not sure if I wanna buy the hardback or wait for the paperback version just so its in line with my other two books.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

I'm waiting until the whole series is out and getting a box set or something. Content with my ebook + audiobook plan for now.

Keret
Aug 26, 2012

Soiled Meat
Very important question; do we know which skull the Nona spine is using?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I'm trying to figure out how to get black sprayed pages for my copy of Nona to match the first two. Tordotcom really aren't making it easy :mad:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Awesome Burger shirt on Etsy from a seller who makes some pretty kickass Book Shirts. Bookseller I follow on Twitter (who has a running count of copies of GtN that she's sold to people) bought one and it's great

https://www.etsy.com/listing/126826..._active_3&crt=1

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

:siren:thunderdome winner:siren:

Happy Landfill posted:

Awesome Burger shirt on Etsy from a seller who makes some pretty kickass Book Shirts. Bookseller I follow on Twitter (who has a running count of copies of GtN that she's sold to people) bought one and it's great

https://www.etsy.com/listing/126826..._active_3&crt=1

Yeah it's payday so I immediately bought one

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Everyone deserves a Nona shirt. As a treat.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Has anyone spotted a way to pre-order Nona with black edges pages yet? I desperately need it to match the other two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

cptn_dr posted:

Has anyone spotted a way to pre-order Nona with black edges pages yet? I desperately need it to match the other two.
my guy I've got you don't worry