Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

silvergoose posted:

Have people started making Hades Alecto crossovers yet?

A Hades styled roguelike of souls in the River would be pretty rad yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
You say that like being alive is a good thing. Death seems rather.... fluid

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The thing about necromancers is you also have to ask the question if/how you're ever going to see that character again at those same points. Wonderful seeing just how wrong everyone is.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I've been listening to Gideon on audible for my commute these past few days. Today I got to chapter 20, the tunnel siphoning scene. I remembered it was written well, but that quality plus the narration had me feeling like I should pause the thing and pull off because of how physically uncomfortable I was starting to feel at the descriptions of the pain. Hands tensing the on wheel feeling intense anxiety for our lass's predicament, even knowing exactly what happens already. A+ very good.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I mean Harrow as Rose is a bold choice but the dialog is pretty spot on

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

sebmojo posted:

Wasn't it alecto?

Yes, but it got so long that its now two books.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
React more

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
They have a an almost realistic relationship. The most unrealistic part is just how over the top edgy necrolord it is.

Also Gideon is into Sexy Swole Women (SSWs), a healthy obsession, and Harrow is into Dead Corpse Women so it could never work out.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
That just sounds like the start of a witch coven

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
If I skip key plot cues the brain staples won't come loose.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jan 25, 2022

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
-Noodle is a good boy and will come out of this alright

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Sitting Here posted:

tamsyn is 100% allowed to kill me with loss and give my bones to the 9th house

Gideon enters the tomb

Ianthe tries to stop her at the entrance

Cam explains why this is a terrible idea before the salt lake

Gideon reaches the divine corpse, but the soul she seeks has already escaped...

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Maybe there's some extended loss joke across the series and that's why she needed four books. Four panels. Four...

Covers?

Surely not.

Gideon was one soul, Harrow was two souls, I think we can assume that Nona is one soul but in the wrong body (alternately its one + one dog), and Alecto is one dead soul.

So yes

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I mean yes but those are background plot elements and have no real effect on the stories. Though Eisenhorn is not a bad book.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Why would you need a Mechanicus when your tanks are skeletons, your light infantry are skeletons, your labor is skeletons, etc

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
In this fan fiction I will tell the story of Magos Tech Priestess Harrowhark and her accompanying Inquisitor Gideon.

Ianthe plays the part of a chaos heretic loose on Mars.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Apr 19, 2022

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
It's so good I'm excited for Nona and Alectro.

I feel like most of the dangling mysteries from Harrow are solved thanks to us million money's on the internet theory crafting but even if it's not a twist at all any more I still love the way the puzzle fits.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I think last we left it

Gideon's is now in charge of Harrows body.
Harrows soul took the escape hatch and wound up in Alectos body in the tomb.
And Nona I suspect is a pretty much clean slate soul inhabiting Gideon's body, having been power washed of memory and context from being brain dead in the tomb for 10 millennia.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I thought the hair growing too fast was a problem because the red starts to show and they have to dye it again. How would Harrows body be with Cam and Coronabeth when they were last with Gideon's body?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
FF8 is better anyway

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

cptn_dr posted:

https://twitter.com/Cptn_Dr/status/1553566715967320064
I made a Locked Tomb drink and I think I'm insufferably clever.
Edit: This post is how I realised that I drilled a hole in the wrong eye socket when I made my 7th House skull.

That is an excellent pun as the Corpse Reviver #2 is a great drink to parody off of

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

quote:

FOURTH HOUSE
Wow. Congratulations on your main character syndrome

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Jod and Electro are not resurrection beasts.

Pluto isn't a planet

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

silvergoose posted:

Nah Harrow didn't know Cytherea was a lyctor, just that she was sketchy as all gently caress

Ahh but its clever writing none the less, the characters being unaware of the importance of the tenses of what they're saying is a subtly that works in written word.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
If official merch doesn't exist then i'm sure someone has an etsy store where they make custom pins.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

cptn_dr posted:

Here's the Ninth House w/ aviators in action.

Hell yeah!

That skull has a mandible, not very 9th

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Well drat do I have some News about the rest of us then....

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Three weeks to go.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
It's semicomatose Gideon accompanied by Alectos curious ghost and I will stand by that prediction until proven wrong in three weeks. Harrow is happily napping in Alectos place back home.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

DreamingofRoses posted:

Also, I still don’t understand how AL would have been able to take over Harrow’s spirit. That theory doesn’t make sense to me.

They've done a chinese firedrill with the bodies. I don't remember a theory of Al taking over Harrow?

• As a child Harrow made contact with the body, and got into the tomb with Gods Daughters blood acting as a key.
  • At Canaan House Harrow ate Gideon's soul.
  • Harrow then had Ianthe do brain surgery to prevent her from subsuming Gideon's soul fully into her Lyctorhood, which also prevented anything from controlling her body when she was in the river.
  • It is revealed that Gideon's dead body is not aging or decaying, which is obviously sus, and that its also in the hands of the Edenites with Cam and SexPal.
  • Meanwhile the ghost of Wake was stealing Cytherea's body in the physical while psychically assaulting Harrow in the river.
  • Eventually Gideon's soul gets control while Harrow is afk and a bunch of stuff happens and Gideon gets to meet her dad.
  • At the end of the big battle in the river Harrow realizes that if she goes back to her body she will inevitably finish eating Gideon's soul and lose her forever, so she pulls the ejection lever and permanently yeets herself from her own body
  • Harrow's soul goes full homing pigeon and returns home, to the now empty body of the Body, in the tomb.

We find out that Gideon the First also figured out the proper way to do Lyctorhood, and that Pyrrha Dve is still rocking away inside and they're both doing deep cover work for Edenites.

Somehow perfect Lyctorhood threatens Jod's position and he doesn't want that.

So you've got
Harrow's soul in the tomb
Gideons soul in Harrows body
~Something~ in Gideon's body as Nona (its Al)
SexPal's soul in a little skull doll
Bab's soul eaten by Ianthe
and Pyrrha and GtF bff's while rent sharing

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

DreamingofRoses posted:

I see what you mean now! I was getting the theories confused because I thought people were claiming Nona was Al because I can’t read apparently.

I thought Gideon’s body doesn’t rot for the same reason she didn’t die from the neurotoxin because of some thalergetic bullshit from being the child of God

Yes on both counts. I say Nona is Al, people disagree, we will find out this month (and I will be vindicated)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I have read none of Nona yet, which I can assure you will be go from 0% to 100% come the 13th

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
After 10,000 years you really gotta ham it up on your final month (?) of life before your glorious beautiful end.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Every kiss, everywhere, all at once?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
"Nona is good" isn't a spoiler and I haven't even read the book yet

It's a basic fact

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

MonsieurChoc posted:

When is my copy arriving amazon drat you.

I tried to trick my kindle with a New Zealand VPN and timezone, but alas...

I'm gonna have to resist scrolling over black bars until friday at least.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Finished it. Had a good cry at a part.

10/10 would hug Nona

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Endgameish spoilers - It was in John 5:20, as John kept personifying the climate disaster and dying earth, but I highlighted "Kept saying we had to dispose of the bodies on site, had to do it now, could we liquefy, could we put the fluid in a concrete chamber and bury it. You would’ve loving loved that." As the point that I thought to myself: of course, he ate the soul of the earth, the closest thing to God in civilization.

I have many more questions and now I'm going to have another read through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Birthrate isn't the tough part of it, its only 275,000 a day, and would quickly fall as you got to work, especially starting with the young. You'd have to be bottling 5,000,000 a day into i-c-weiners to finish in about 7 years, which is stupid but under the absolute grip of necrojod i'm sure we could have done it.

Too bad rich people would rather watch the world burn