Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

There has been at least one, maybe two, Aiglamenes I've seen. Crux I've never seen but also gently caress that guy.

Crux blowing up the shuttle was not cool man, not cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I think after reading Harrow (and hasn't the author even explicitly said) that these books are essentially lesbian romantic wish fulfillment which can be taken to mean Gideon and Harrow will have a relatively happy and romantically flavored resolution?

quote:

Harrow, you need to pick the red skull to destroy necromany forever, the blue skull to control the resurrection beasts or the green skull to make everyone undead.
haha

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

That seems so very far away.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Hopefully it's Gideon.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Happy Landfill posted:

Gizmodo just posted an excerpt from the second chapter.

https://gizmodo.com/nona-the-ninth-excerpt-tamsyn-muir-locked-tomb-1848879544

Edit: some interesting tidbits in there especially the language thing

Edit again:

https://mayasaura.tumblr.com/post/683801470863343616/torcom-is-giving-us-nona-in-little-bite-sized

I took a peek and can only vaguely remember who these characters are. It doesn't help they were barely in Harrow. Given how difficult Harrow was to follow even reading DIRECTLY after Gideon I guess I need to re-read? Maybe there's a summary somewhere?

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Would someone mind doing a quick bullet points of wtf happened in harrow because I'll be damned if I could figure out what was going on by the end.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Finished the NtN over the course of 24 hours yesterday. Gideon thoughts:

Before reading through this thread I initially thought when Gideon (or whatever she is calling herself) was introduced she was playing on Ianthe's insecurity and envy/jealousy of Harrow to get to the tomb. Ianthe was clearly dying to rub in Harrow's face how she is best buds with Gideon(although I don't think that would have gone the way Ianthe was expecting if Harrow had actually been there instead of Nona). I assumed Gideon's goal was to find Harrow and that she figured the tomb was her best bet. I did not take her as a willing servant of Jod or a real parnter/friend to Ianthe because of Nona's comment on how sad Gideon looked.

Her hostility towards Nona makes total sense given her perspective. It has to be incredibly weird for the body of a person whose important to you(putting it mildly) to show up and be someone totally different(and also have the personality of a 9 year old). That's gotta take some time to process.

After reading the other comments in the thread, I think it makes sense that she is really conflicted in the sense that she truly wants to belong to a community/family but ultimately knows that Jod and Ianthe are garbage.

I don't buy the "soul splitting" theory, it's needlessly complicated.

More generally:

HtN was like a nightmare. It was entertaining but also a slog because all the new characters were so intensely *awful.* NtN was initially confusing but at least most of the people we're spending time with are just... more fun to be around. It was a much more enjoyable experience and I felt much more satisfied with where the narrative ended than I felt after HtN or GtN. Looking forward to Alecto.

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 9, 2022

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Danhenge posted:

part of the last message of God (not Jod?) to creation.

....what?

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Next person who has a chance needs to ask Muir if Joe Biden is canonicaly a zombie

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

cptn_dr posted:

I think it's more likely to be Xi or Putin, tbh.

I was thinking of the three, Biden is the only one who could pass as such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I just want Gideon to be OK by the end of this series is that so much to ask???