Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Hi Gay

Cherube Goldberg
Nov 15, 2014
Reclaim goon

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Sid Vicious posted:

oh cool it's this guy again

That's also what I think

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

we could always get Pontius Pilate involved but the results may shock you

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Lol at this thread

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

a goon by any other name would smell just as sweaty

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The answer is no.

It is not time to stop being goons.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Never

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

raspurtin posted:

Posting because Sid bullied me. This is something I've been thinking about recently....

The origin of "goons" as the collective term for SA members goes back a long time, like 2004, 2005?. Per the Saclopedia:

IIRC, the actual context was something like "you and your goons," or "Lowtax and his goons" or something like that. The implication is a "goon" is specifically a lackey of Lowtax, someone working his nefarious intent. Funny at the time, no so funny now.

I think most of us would prefer a collective term that doesn't have the implied allegiance to lowtax. What do you think would be better? I have some bad ideas:

Awfuls
Awfulites
SAPs - Something Awful Posters
The Chosen Ones

There, Sid, I de-lurked. Happy now?

Change title to Gingivites

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

probably the best course of action, there doesn't seem to be much impetus to change.

Future netizens will tell tales of the Noble Goons who steadfastly held the line against internet stupidity. "Were you a Goon, daddy?" "Why yes, son, I was shitposting in GBS during the Tik-tok Wars of 2021....those were the days...."

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Fuck yeah cinema is finally dead

raspurtin posted:

probably the best course of action, there doesn't seem to be much impetus to change.

Future netizens will tell tales of the Noble Goons who steadfastly held the line against internet stupidity. "Were you a Goon, daddy?" "Why yes, son, I was shitposting in GBS during the Tik-tok Wars of 2021....those were the days...."

On a forum that has been home to actual, literal, bigots, rapists, child molesters and murderers; you, OP, are far and away the worst poster ever.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

take a diarrhea dump in your jorts, OP

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
How about PISS ******s

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Joe Bogan posted:

On a forum that has been home to actual, literal, bigots, rapists, child molesters and murderers; you, OP, are far and away the worst poster ever.

That's a bit harsh yo

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

drat it OP, no

People who don't even post here know that name, we ride on it!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

How about “olds?”

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

raspurtin posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981?s=19

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

LabyaMynora posted:

How about “olds?”

Golds

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I think we're the goons of the house of yospos now.

While we're talking about changing things names, I say we redo The Toxic Waste Dump. It's lame and also insensitive to those of us who are trying to get a leg up on the apocalypse by living in a toxic waste dump. I have some proposals for a better name, The poo poo Pit, The Turd Cemetery or perhaps A Reverse Butthole That Eats Poops.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i considered this site dead long before i was willing to tell anyone i spent time on it

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
another lurker with an avatar what in the world.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Dear Watson posted:

How about PISS ******s

PISS pissers

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Sid you shouldn't be bullying people. I mean what the gently caress? What the gently caress were you thinking bullying the op. Seriously Sid. Why did you? Come on. Really now. I mean for real. What? I'm just, wow

Cherube Goldberg
Nov 15, 2014
Who refers to SA users as goons outside of goons on SA? Besides the occasional vice article I guess

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
If anything, we should keep being goons, considering lowtax insisted that was an unfunny and inaccurate term!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm always gonna be a goon, sorry OP.

Also I hope you get AIDS

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Tom Gorman posted:

Sid you shouldn't be bullying people. I mean what the gently caress? What the gently caress were you thinking bullying the op. Seriously Sid. Why did you? Come on. Really now. I mean for real. What? I'm just, wow

im sorry

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
choke me harder daddy lowtax

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

OT's

(Original Trolls)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

We should be called the Gabes. Not to be confused with Gabe's, the Gabriel Brothers rebrand, or something like Gabe's Goons, presumably some kind of Gabe Newell enforcers.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
We should start a cool biker gang guys

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Joe Bogan posted:

settle down beavis

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can we be called bozos? I’m a big fan of bozo the clown. Anyone else?

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
Gorps

randy chaps

Pick-obsessives

INRMs (It’s Not Reddit, Mom)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS’s Goons

the artistes formerly known as goons

Awfuls

Shitbags

Kinda ran out of gas at the end

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Post Force

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
Defendants

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Rad-daddio posted:

We're the goons of SA, not Lowtax.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=612

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
The full term is the Something Awful Forums Goons.

As for me, I'm a free goon of the land temporarily making port in this thread, not beholden to any forum or web master.