Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Halftime update on if Silly Burrito is gonna get the worst beat in our 3 years as a league and not make the playoffs with the objectively best team thus far:

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Getting tense!!!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Cooper loving Kupp!!!!!!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo he’s 2 points away and Kyler has the ball

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Down to the wire!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hoooly poo poo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh nooooooooooooooo that was tragic.

The win probability went from like 60% Silly Burrito to 99% me with that one long bomb

Edit: Oh wait, maybe that was a display error!? Now it's showing I'm down 0.2

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m seeing it at 57% for you

Oh god that would have been it

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Up 0.02 with Kyler Murray desperately trying to throw a pick to end the game. I think even a sack would switch the lead.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He’s gonna throw a pick

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This is the funniest poo poo of the NFL week

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Rams are gonna get the ball back, McVay is gonna be like gently caress you guys and toss a bomb for a TD and you defense is gonna go negative

e: oh drat

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Rams are gonna get the ball back, McVay is gonna be like gently caress you guys and toss a bomb for a TD and you defense is gonna go negative

e: oh drat

Kyler Murray is gonna throw a pick on the hail mary at the end of the game

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I forgot sacks come off the team passing stats not the QB rushing

Still within the realm of possibility that there's a stat correction or something, but tentative congrats to wandler for sneaking into the playoffs

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

I forgot sacks come off the team passing stats not the QB rushing

I was gonna say, the negative yardage would have screwed you

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
That was way too close! I don't know how Kyler didn't throw another pick.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That’s probably the most I’ve ever been entertained by fantasy football

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

That’s probably the most I’ve ever been entertained by fantasy football

I wasn't really paying attention until halfway thru the 4th then watched the rest nervously in bed on my phone.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Good game. Here’s still hoping for a stat correction. ;)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Now Hopkins is dead :( My two headed monster of Henry and Hopkins won't see me through.

Lets go Melvin Gordon and Aiyuk I guess?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol I just realized there is only 2 games this week due to byes. Probably good for most since COVID is going nuts.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Reminder: Saturday games start this week

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Kelce just roasting me here the final few minutes.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lmao the OT touchdown too

Kelce has 41.1 points just by himself

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
41 loving points for Kelce. I'm toast.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Nice. I went to bed early and missed the whole second half/OT, it looked like Kelce was just gonna have an average game at that point.

Now David Montgomery is sitting from practice with an "illness" so I can't trust him to not get COVID restricted by Monday. My other options are Nyheim Hines or Mike Davis :thunk:

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Dec 17, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

wandler20 posted:

41 loving points for Kelce. I'm toast.

Meanwhile, my week started off with Darren Waller being declared out and may well be done for the season so... that's cool.

Then, on the very first drive of the first game of the week, the one player I had in the game, Mike Williams (who by rights should've had a monster game based on how much offense there was) dropped a guaranteed touchdown on 2nd down. He then dropped a touchdown on third down, and got injured in the process, resulting in a grand total of 0 points lmao. Apparently he did briefly return to the game but was too injured to actually stay in.

Off to a GREAT start!! :P

PostNouveau posted:

Thank you for this. Even though I probably will still forget, you tried and for that I preciate chu

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

PostNouveau posted:

And now Tuesday games!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Just had a heart attack because Harris is out. Then I remembered I have the Bye.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

Just had a heart attack because Harris is out. Then I remembered I have the Bye.

I’ve done that a couple times. Like I get the advantage of having the BYE but I don’t like not having a game this week

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I would prefer if any player scored points for me this week to go along with Travis Kelce's 40. 40 is wonderful but I don't think I can win if Kyler Murray scores 5!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

PostNouveau posted:

I would prefer if any player scored points for me this week to go along with Travis Kelce's 40. 40 is wonderful but I don't think I can win if Kyler Murray scores 5!

None of my guys are doing poo poo either so you probably will.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
More excitement this week! Only two games and with so many NFL games pushed off to Tuesday, both are still up-in-the-air.

Game 1:

This one is simple: Wandler needs 28.38 points from Russell Wilson on Tuesday to catch me. Wilson's had a pretty lackluster year and his top score is 27.06 in Week 1. Tyler Lockett is out with COVID-19.

HOWEVER, me mentioning this gives Wandler the edge as I'm now jinxing myself. Yahoo thinks I have a 91% chance of winning.

Game 2:

Play needs 40.68 to beat New Guy (I don't know which of you this is actually) from FOUR players on Tuesday: Matthew Stafford, Dallas Goedert, Matt Gay and the Philly defense.

Yahoo thinks Play has a 72% chance of winning, but I know I'd rather have the points than the projected points, especially this week when fantasy scores have been abysmal across the board.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Dec 21, 2021

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I’m The New Guy since it’s my first year. I already lost my other league where I made the playoffs so not feeling great.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

In another league I benched reek because he sucked the last two weeks for Renfrow and Lockett.

Lockett died with the covid so I had to start chase who caught one pass.

Id be winning if I had of started reek. Now I'm sweating Stafford getting more than 22 pts.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Well Travis Kelce got covid and Kyler Murray has been playing pretty meh lately, so I don't have high hopes in this semi. Really need Davante Adams to go ham to have a chance.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dalvin Cook and Reek with Covid, Lenny out for the season, Lamar can’t stop pooping, I’m screwed

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
How the hell did I win? Lol. I couldn't believe when I saw that, I pretty much wrote it off after I had a fifteen percent chance to win earlier in the week.

Guess I got lucky! And what's funny is that I was wrong about Williams, I guess my yahoo app hadn't updated because it said 0 when actually he managed to get back on the game and ended up with 7 points and change, without which I wouldn't have had a chance. Better to be lucky than good I guess!

But now, this week... The dreaded STEVE

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Play posted:

How the hell did I win? Lol. I couldn't believe when I saw that, I pretty much wrote it off after I had a fifteen percent chance to win earlier in the week.

Guess I got lucky! And what's funny is that I was wrong about Williams, I guess my yahoo app hadn't updated because it said 0 when actually he managed to get back on the game and ended up with 7 points and change, without which I wouldn't have had a chance. Better to be lucky than good I guess!

But now, this week... The dreaded STEVE

The mouth kisses WILL NOT BE STOPPED!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I just noticed how little Hagetaka is paying attention. He's got a guy who I think got cut 3 months ago on his roster. His starting TE has been on the IR for 3 weeks.

heh he's gonna find a loser av one day and go "oh yeah I was in a fantasy football league this season"