Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So....is it Blindsite who gets the new avatar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Joey Freshwater posted:

So the guy organizing the league won it pretty sus imo

jk congrats

COLLUSION

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Money paid to the winners. Now what are we doing for Blindsites text?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
bought Hades with my contested winnings

Coming for you bitches next year

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Money paid to the winners. Now what are we doing for Blindsites text?

Isn't Blindsite from Australia? I'm sure we could come up with a cringe worthy Crocodile Dundee joke.

Or we could make another TMNT style logo.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

Isn't Blindsite from Australia? I'm sure we could come up with a cringe worthy Crocodile Dundee joke.

Or we could make another TMNT style logo.

I already have the TMNT logo ready to go. Just need some red text because I'm just not witty enough to come up with something.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I accept my fate.

I also am very sorry I wasn't more active in the thread. This holiday season was an absolute nightmare for me work wise and if I'm honest I forgot about the thread existing at times. I had fun though and can't wait for next year.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

It pretty much took daily checks this year with all the COVID delays and re-scheduling.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

I already have the TMNT logo ready to go. Just need some red text because I'm just not witty enough to come up with something.

What's the difference between Blindsite's women and his 2020 TFF NFCS fantasy football team?

His NFCS team is always assured of coming last.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
RIP Blindsite
He Never Scored

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

RIP Blindsite
He Never Scored

Derrick Henry could have saved him but alas

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

What's the difference between Blindsite's women and his 2020 TFF NFCS fantasy football team?

His NFCS team is always assured of coming last.

Joey Freshwater posted:

RIP Blindsite
He Never Scored

WampaLord posted:

Derrick Henry could have saved him but alas

Love it

My one regret in all of this: not being better at fantasy football

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Luck has a lot to do with it. Everyone would've laughed if you said the league champion was carried by Josh Allen and two loving Chicago Bears players.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Luck has a lot to do with it. Everyone would've laughed if you said the league champion was carried by Josh Allen and two loving Chicago Bears players.

Yeah, like Dak going down basically killed my team because the Cowboys turned into pure garbage which also ruined Zeke many weeks.

It's all a ton of luck, you can draft perfect and still miss the playoffs due to week-to-week variance.

But it's fun/infuriating/gives us reasons to watch games so we love it.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Saquon went down early and killed my season. Calvin Ridley basically came back down to earth, and James Connor caught the superflu then the Steelers forgot how to run in December.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I was nearly knocked out of the playoffs because of that Kyler Nuk hail mary. FF is wild.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

wandler20 posted:

I lost a championship and lots of $$$ because I went into last Monday sporting a 40 pt lead.

He had Josh Allen and Stephon Diggs left to play.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

In my big money league I had

Mahomes
CMC
Gurley
Sutton
Samuel
Kelce
Ingram
Bills D
Tucker

I went 5-6, no playoffs

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Hey all just wanna make sure I don't miss this when we start up again, I assume the draft isn't until, like, early September?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Would anyone be interested in taking over this year? I don't have time right now to get things going.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't wanna run it but I do want to be involved again

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Would anyone be interested in taking over this year? I don't have time right now to get things going.

I would be up to it, if no one else wants to. I don't have an active Paypal anymore, but I could take and dispense the :10bux:s via CashApp if everyone's okay with using that.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I'm fine with it

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

WampaLord posted:

I would be up to it, if no one else wants to. I don't have an active Paypal anymore, but I could take and dispense the :10bux:s via CashApp if everyone's okay with using that.

Sounds good. PM your email or team name and I'll transfer it over to you.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

So, for draft time scheduling, I'm figuring we should go for the weekend before the first game, so Sept 4th or 5th. Maybe shoot for a start of like 4-5 PM EST? That good with everyone?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Wampalord is officially the new commish!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

WampaLord posted:

So, for draft time scheduling, I'm figuring we should go for the weekend before the first game, so Sept 4th or 5th. Maybe shoot for a start of like 4-5 PM EST? That good with everyone?

Works for me, but I'll possibly have to auto draft because of the time diff but if I can be online I will be.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

WampaLord posted:

I don't have CashApp, so if I can send someone my $10 through PayPal, I can do that.

WampaLord posted:

That's Labor Day weekend, right? I could probably do that, just not sure how other people's holiday plans may be affected (yeah, what holiday with Covid?)

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

honestly I've kinda just bounced off pro-football as a whole so I don't think I'll be back this year. Should I just delete the team or is there a way in yahoo to like, give the team up to someone else

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

That's Labor Day weekend, right? I could probably do that, just not sure how other people's holiday plans may be affected (yeah, what holiday with Covid?)

We could do it earlier in the day if more people are cool with that, should disrupt less plans.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

honestly I've kinda just bounced off pro-football as a whole so I don't think I'll be back this year. Should I just delete the team or is there a way in yahoo to like, give the team up to someone else

According to my new commissioner tools, there's a way to transfer the team to the new person who wants it so just don't delete it for now and I'll see if we can transfer it over to anyone who wishes to replace you.

Anyone have a buddy they want to bring into the league? Feel free to invite them!

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I've got a lot more free time with my new job so I'd like in if you still have a spot

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Big Jesus posted:

I've got a lot more free time with my new job so I'd like in if you still have a spot

Awesome! You're in! PM me your email address and I'll send you an invite.

Edit: Oh, you don't have PMs. Email me and I'll send the invite to your email address.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 24, 2021

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I can't for the life of me remember what platform we play on.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Yahoo last year.

Yeah, I'm in, team name gently caress JAMEIS WINSTON

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hell yeah let's gooooooooooooo

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Yahoo, here is the link to the league - https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/276981

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Cheers

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Big Jesus posted:

Just got your email, and your invite is sent! Feel free to pick up to 2 keepers from the team you're taking over if you want.

:siren: KEEPER SELECTION DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 3RD, MAKE YOUR KEEPER PICKS BY THEN OR LOSE THEM! :siren:

Draft is penciled in for 3 PM EST on Saturday September 4th.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Wtf, I won the league last year and I don't even have anyone worth keeping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

wandler20 posted:

Wtf, I won the league last year and I don't even have anyone worth keeping.

Wow kinda sounds like you suck tbh