Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

That guy trying to change our group name to something other than goons convinced me I can't possibly come up with a worse topic and in hindsight this is probably a pretty decent one if maybe a bit BYOB: appreciate the sounds of Deftones. If you don't agree they are worth appreciating gently caress your poo poo taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qksTlo_1Tpw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulkys
Sep 7, 2008

The beast of Tanagra
do what now

Meatwolfe
Oct 31, 2011
Deftones are loving awesome.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Hell yeah

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
Yeah Deftones own

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!

Meatwolfe posted:

Deftones are loving awesome.

They’re okay.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I tried replicating the scream from the middle of Hexagram once and my balls hurt for 3 days.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
deftones guy: roll up ur window
maynard: :smith: k

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I can't name a single Deftones song but I think they were like some kind of wuss rock, right? Like they were poo poo guys like kenbu, or whatever the NO YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP DAD guys name was, would listen to

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020

You did it now

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It's that band that plays that one song that sometimes comes up on pandora. Their logo is a jorsie, right?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Nooner posted:

I can't name a single Deftones song but I think they were like some kind of wuss rock, right? Like they were poo poo guys like kenbu, or whatever the NO YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP DAD guys name was, would listen to

the only deftones song I have is from The Matrix Reloaded soundtrack, it was kind of a vibe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Miu446wU4SM

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

deftones are corny as hell

Caesar Saladin fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Aug 20, 2020

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I prefer my tones in upper management and of the doubly mighty variety

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
They're a little whiny for my tastes.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Their name sounds like a cool ska band.

Hoo boy, they are not, lemme tell ya.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

IIIII WATCHED A CHANGEEEEEEEE IN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

seatbeltstrap
Nov 5, 2004

That bitch Carmen Sandiego's got nothing on me.
Deftones are great and just announced that their new album ‘Ohms’ is coming out September 25th. Title track is the first single, being released tomorrow.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i like them but my favorite tune is only available in lovely quality on a demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx75JmBFrvk

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nooner posted:

they just regular suck

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
shoulda been called dafttones

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Nooner posted:

deftones were the baggiest clothes kids

if you saw someone wearing 3x oversized jeans and sweaters then you saw a deftone

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Do they have to be so deft? And why ones and not twos?

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Even the guitarist has admitted their music sucks and he hates playing in the band. The first two albums are fun in a dumb way, but then they became pure pretentious garbage.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
Deftones suck wtf, sure a certain generation likes them and thats fine, but everyone else should know better.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
just a less popular foo fighters

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

They stand out against a background of wishy washy nu-metal.

White Pony is cool.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
when i was in high school, i saw dir en grey open for deftones. later on a guy in the crowd started dropping some real rank farts, seriously eyewatering. we left early.

dir en grey was incredible, deftones was very bad. it was like they didn’t bother to soundcheck at all, pure volume, no music.

that’s my deftones story.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I lived in the sacramento area when they were starting to get big. I wish I could have seen them but I was too young

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

The_Continental posted:

They stand out against a background of wishy washy nu-metal.

White Pony is cool.

Have a friend who is especially obsessed with this band and very much with White Pony. Gave me a CD of them which finally went to good use. DIY art is cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvNaaSkjOaA

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
White pony was good as hell

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I get bored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Star Me Kitten posted:

Have a friend who is especially obsessed with this band and very much with White Pony. Gave me a CD of them which finally went to good use. DIY art is cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvNaaSkjOaA

*gasps*