Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Spinz posted:

Perhaps it's time for me to cast away my dreams of dating and get a dog
~sigh~

I believe 12 cats is customary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
It's cause the bonding hormone Oxytocin which is released when we interact with our kids is the same one released when we interact with pets or even romantic partners (which is probably why some couples talk to each other in a soppy, childish way). Also some pet owners can't have or don't want children so pets obviously get that focus and attitude that would otherwise go towards their kids.

This has been your regularly scheduled :biotruths: post.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Oxytocin? More like OxyMORON!!!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i don't call my dogs babies or children but i do call them big sweeties and little sweeties and sillymonsters and crazymuffins and cutie patooties

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Also my dog is 14 so he’s not my baby. He’s my teenage son, but he’s geriatric so he’s really my little old man and I love him

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I act like my dog is my dad. He doesn't say much, but we watch the ball game whenever I visit. He likes corona beer and his couch.

Here's a picture of us from the spring

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just mostly ignore your pets other than fulfilling only their most basic needs and call them only by their names with no inflection or emotion, just like you do with human kids

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I act like my dog is my dad. He doesn't say much, but we watch the ball game whenever I visit. He likes corona beer and his couch.

loving hell that's a big boy. Love it.

What's that black pipe thing though - is he some kind of cyber dog?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I don't treat my dogs like I treat my children. I'd never in a million years force my dogs to live in a cage in the back yard.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Hi Im OP and I live in a white walled emotionless bleep bloop cube and hate caring.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
My dogs loves to lick his own rear end in a top hat with big wet sloppy slurps that you can’t avoid hearing

That’s ma boy

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

My dogs loves to lick his own rear end in a top hat with big wet sloppy slurps that you can’t avoid hearing

Doing exactly that is why my wife says she married me.

Her dog really hates it, though.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i got one of those water fountain things for cats to drink out of. and i was having some trouble putting it together because im an idiot, but I got all angry at it because i just wanted my cats to be happy. and then when i got it all working the "fountain" effect was pretty lackluster so end of story i'm gay

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

My cat just waits outside of the shower to slurp up all that warm salty shower water. Then she sits in it. Then she goes and shits and I clean it up and call her my most beautiful lovely daughter and tell her about the handsome dowry shell bring on the day she attracts an eligible suitor.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
In the days of yore when times got tough they would sell they own kids into slavery. But never their dog.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

Waterbed Wendy posted:

When I was younger I had a German Shepherd that wouldn't drink Corona, only Pacifico. That's my dog story hope you liked it.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Haramstufe Rot posted:

You didn't have intercourse and then your loving cat poppoed out of your vag.

you don't know this, op

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
My dogs will never grow up to be mass shooters.

They are mass poopers tho

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Holy poo poo I read the title to this thread wrong and was like "who does that?!"

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Daikloktos posted:

These people probably have deep emotional problems and deserve empathy, OP. Maybe save the hate for those who view their pets as a lover

what about people who make a social media account for their pets and then write insane first-person captions from the perspective of a three-pound dog

are we allowed to bite and/or kick them

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

FullLeatherJacket posted:

what about people who make a social media account for their pets and then write insane first-person captions from the perspective of a three-pound dog

are we allowed to bite and/or kick them
These people probably need the social correction of reasonable mockery, or else we allow nobody to notice that's a severe cry for help

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My dog refers to me as “He Who Took My Balls” and it makes me feel bad :(

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Uh he looks exactly like Hulk the youtube dog.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Captain Jesus posted:

I don't want children, thank you very much.

I think that's part of why the idea of "fur baby"/"cat/dog mommy" weirds me out so much. I am specifically not a mother of any kind.

Also, that fake childish "doggo" language might be the most annoying thing on the entire internet.

Mooey Cow posted:

Agreed OP it's weird and bad that they do that. Your dog is not your son or daughter, it's your dog. Reminds me of the people that call their lovers "daddy" or "mommy".

Ugh, yeah, "daddy" is gross.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's pretty weird and off-putting but it doesn't really matter unless it goes as far as animal abuse. taking dogs for walks without actually letting them walk is deeply hosed up. there is a whole category for pet strollers on amazon!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I call them doggos because I find that word silly and cute.

Like most doggos.

Dog/cat mom/dad is totally weird though.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Mooey Cow posted:

Reminds me of the people that call their lovers "daddy" or "mommy".

"Baby"

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If you aren’t making up dumb names for your pets why do you even have them?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Torquemada posted:

Uh he looks exactly like Hulk the youtube dog.

No his name is Tony and he is married to my step mom. His birthstone is a large rock he carries around the house and he is a veteran.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
OP seems to have some deeper issues than he's letting on IMHO

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 20, 2020

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Waterbed Wendy posted:

No his name is Tony and he is married to my step mom. His birthstone is a large rock he carries around the house and he is a veteran.

He is a big lad

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Also not my thing.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

If you aren’t making up dumb names for your pets why do you even have them?

I make up dumb names for my cat and I only say them to her, lol.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
scootieboopkins

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
op the kinda guy who leaves a dog chained up outside its whlle life then puts them down at the ripe old age of 5 because theyre sick

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
OP are you jealous your parents love their new dog more than you?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I cringe when I pick any of our animals up from the vet and the vet tech is all "your daddy is here to take you home!" in a cutesy voice. Like wtf it's a cat in a cardboard box she doesn't give a gently caress.
Or I just paid you to stick a finger in the dog's rear end. He's just happy he doesn't feel the need to scoot anymore.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
your animal baby is annoying as gently caress and spoiled to hell

get your flea covered cats off me no i don't "want to show them love" i wanna show em a bug bomb

i hate my friend's cats! gently caress!

my cat is cool she spends her time sunning and only asking for attention at bedtime cuz she likes to sleep on my unconscious body

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
there's 12 airbud movies dude, dogs are popular.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
You loving show your cat love! It's lived in one room for loving hell its whole life? You suck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cherube Goldberg
Nov 15, 2014
I saw a tinder profile once where a lady said she had 3 kids; 2 sons and a dog