Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
i have a cat and he's real good. but he's not my baby. we're roommates / business partners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Mozi posted:

i don't call my dogs babies or children but i do call them big sweeties and little sweeties and sillymonsters and crazymuffins and cutie patooties

that's fine. This hate thread is exclusively about treating pets as literal children.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
pets are almost always the child of some other animal, except for when you start with schrodingers evo egg I guess. either way, you're adopting these children as a pet-owner. Either these adopted-children-of-animals-animals people keep as pets are their adopted children or they are their slaves. You don't have a problem with pet-ownership, therefore even you think they are children, because they are.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Who What Now posted:

OP are you jealous your parents love their new dog more than you?

My parents never loved me, true, but they also didn't have pets.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Haramstufe Rot posted:

Hmmm. Interesting. *hastily scribbles notes*

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Pets are better then children cause they won't grow up into another lovely consumer or worse, a goon!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
dogs make way better friends than the average person you meet

Mia Antifa
Sep 12, 2011

nazi punks fuck off
I feel like this anger is coming from a dark place that can probably be traced back to your youth. I’m sorry your parents didn’t treat you well OP and I hope some day you can find someone who gives you the love you lacked growing up so you too can be a functional adult without these weird neuroses. :glomp:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Haramstufe Rot posted:

I'll love you OP. Yes I will. Yes I will. Who's my sweet little OP? That's right it's you!

*gasp* Who's got grumpy little posts?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

madamimadam posted:

I feel like this anger is coming from a dark place that can probably be traced back to your youth. I’m sorry your parents didn’t treat you well OP and I hope some day you can find someone who gives you the love you lacked growing up so you too can be a functional adult without these weird neuroses. :glomp:

This but unironically

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Oooookay
If I call you my babydoll we doin some adulting tho
:shrug:

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
I miss the days of baby doll and honey drawers.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think it's really loving weird to call your cat your baby. I call my cat my husband

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

That's worse, what's wrong with you

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You did well for yourself. He's a very handsome Mr Man isn't he?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It would make me uncomfortable to call My cat my child, Because one time I left one of my self pleasuring devices running at relatively low speed, kind of like a soft vibration, and he went over to it and he laid on top of it and started purring, I don't know if he thought it looked like another cat or something or it was making noise like another cat, or he just wanted to participate. But that's kind of funny thing for your husband to do, not really so much your child

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Funky See Funky Do posted:

You did well for yourself. He's a very handsome Mr Man isn't he?

He's very handsome as all ginger tabbies are :cabot:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

We saw what you do with your cats the last thread :catstare:

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
Well, someone just lit a torch to this thread. Im out

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's not a crime to leave your unaccompanied wand on tingle

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You're just wasting the batteries

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
*The cat is just wasting the batteries.

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

I'll try not to OP

sowwy I wuv da wittle iggy wiggy gookie goo

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Let's turn that frown upside down op.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Pick posted:

It would make me uncomfortable to call My cat my child, Because one time I left one of my self pleasuring devices running at relatively low speed, kind of like a soft vibration, and he went over to it and he laid on top of it and started purring, I don't know if he thought it looked like another cat or something or it was making noise like another cat, or he just wanted to participate. But that's kind of funny thing for your husband to do, not really so much your child

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
My dogs’ names are Tarkus, Jade, and Ellie but I call them Goober, Jadey-Jade, and Ellie-belly

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

fart bitch

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

bossy lady posted:

fart bitch

This is a classic.. at least for me

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i've always kind of wanted a sphynx so i could name them scrotum.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

You're just wasting the batteries

I only go corded because it's more sustainable. Also if you're really going to town, it saves money over the long run

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I have a bunch of names for my cat Lola. I call her Boofy, Puffy, little girl, Chump-change, and Lola Highroller.

My cat Holly is huge and powerful, and I call her Hollybean, Beans, The Beast, The Mean Bean and Monster.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Pick posted:

I only go corded because it's more sustainable. Also if you're really going to town, it saves money over the long run

you could just get like. another human.
like an actual husband not covered in fur.

i suppose you'd be a polygamist if you kept your cat husband too but oh well.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
JD (Just Dog)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
That is the worst proposal I've ever heard.

Also it's polyandry for multiple husbands.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

That is the worst proposal I've ever heard.

Also it's polyandry for multiple husbands.

my names not andy

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I’m disappointed that this thread turned out not to be about good names for pets.

Like what if you had a miniature dachshund called Kransky

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Hatsune Miku

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Dr. Whiskers for a cat, obviously. Or, Professor Bonesington for a dog. Either way, you're covered.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I also like when people give pets middle of the road average mediocre human names, like Susan, or Greg.

Who's a good Greg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
One of my dogs growing up was named Chernobyl. She was a good girl and I miss her :(