Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Non Fiction DragonBall Book
Goku
Ryu
Joke Answer
Toaster
View Results

IbrahimSom
May 30, 2020

by Pragmatica
Recently read:

Never Enough: The Neuroscience and Experience of Addiction.

The author, Judith Grisel, was an alcoholic and a druggie in her teens to early 20s, after which she turned her life around and got a Ph.D in psychology. She's a professor at Brucknell univrsity. The book is both an excellent first-person experience of drug use and contains an explanation of the addiction process that I found truly profound and which I think should be taught to kids in high school.

Also I'm looking forward to Jan Swafford's biography of Mozart due out in December, titled Mozart: The Reign of Love. I enjoyed his 2014 bio of LvB ("Beethoven: Anguish and Triumph"). Already pre-bought the audiobook of the Mozart bio. :)

IbrahimSom fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Oct 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU