Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
I'd also appreciate practice matches, I haven't played a game of BattleCON since Devastation was new.:v:

TheCog posted:

I made a discord server so we can arrange practice games and such: https://discord.gg/tfxPH2

This invite is invalid, was it supposed to be a limited time for joining or can you post another one please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Agent Rush posted:

I'd also appreciate practice matches, I haven't played a game of BattleCON since Devastation was new.:v:

This invite is invalid, was it supposed to be a limited time for joining or can you post another one please?
Here's another link https://discord.gg/MHTxkuf

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Tanis/Sarafina/Lixis.

Also: I've been doing online Yomi leagues for a few years now, and even once-a-week matches are difficult, especially with an international playerbase. Twice-a-week might be completely insane.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Baenvier/Lymn/Kaitlyn

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Andarel posted:

Baenvier/Lymn/Kaitlyn

I was trying to decide if I wanted to run with Kaitlyn with all the new changes, but I still haven't tried out her new kit, and I figured I should go with someone I'm a little more comfortable with in Lixis.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I know who... a few of these characters are!

God, I'm gonna get trounced. :negative:

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Yeah it didn't hit me just how many new characters there are since the original Devastation release. Gonna be a hard pick!

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Yup, it's a huge jump - I think it's roughly doubled after all's said and done?

New Kaitlyn's a lot of fun - nice not having to worry about range for the most part :P

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Hey everyone, this league/tournament picked up a lot more goons that I imagined. I originally thought we were gonna get 5 players maximum, and we are now like at 3 times that number.

In the interest of actually getting all the games played, and knowing how leagues shake out if there's too much committment and that people generally can't play more than 1 match per week (especially considering time differences), the number of games needs to be set at one per week. However, with the current structure, that would mean that the round robin stage would last 14 weeks, which seems a lot.

So, there's two options:
- We split the round robin phase into two pools. This means you will either play 6 or 7 best-out-of-3 matches. Then we do a top two cut from each pool and the top 4 play for double elimination.
- We just do a single double elimination tournament. This does mean we have to have byes for some people, and some players will only get to play a maximum of two matches.

So let me know which of the options above you prefer.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm fine with a double-elimination tournament with BO3 matches. There'll only be a single bye at the start anyway, since we're one short of 16.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Double elimination works for me. It’s not like we won’t still be able to play casually if we’re dunked on early.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

I'm down for double elim.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I’m mega trash, my opinion doesn’t count for much.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Double elimination sounds good! And even if I haven't gotten in any games yet, even just having the Discord around seems to have sparked a lot of interest in casual games, too.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
jivjov is encouraging me to do this bad idea blame him

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Final picks are due tomorrow, right?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Yes. Not sure what the actual cutoff is, time-wise.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Ah yes....mains

King Alexian XXXVII, Anya Southwind, Eligor Larington

Will there be any provision made for swapping someone out if the solo fighters hit mid-tourney?

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Oh I guess I need to finally commit to a team huh?

Uh lets go with Magdelina, Shekhtur, and Cindra

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
I wanted to get more practice games in aaaaaaaah.

I'm locking in Neuromille Kei, Burgandy XII and Wendy Thrystle

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Cut off is gonna be midnight tomorrow GMT time. After that, we are going to start the tournament proper.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
seth/maladrax/kajia

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
Seth/Jager/Kora

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Lymn, Cindra Flama, Kehrolyn Ross

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I've decided to swap out most of my team, apologies to Mr.Tekopo. Switching it out to Clinhyde/Cesar/Cindra. Because I realized this is actually DOUBLE THEMES. Not only do all three characters start with the letter C, they all have gimmicks related to low HP.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Solos aren't going to make it (:rip:) so I'll be running Eligor/Shekhtur/Vanaah.

e; per discussion with TO, as promos made it in 24 hours after seeding and I have yet to play my first match, I'm changing my team to Eligor/Shekhtur/Merjoram.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Aug 30, 2020

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Let's go Gerard/Amon/Alexian.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Alright folks, this is good to go. I shall be finalising the bracket now.

All teams are now locked in!

I will be locking the bracket. You will have 1 week to finish your first match, but since it's better to have a week followed by the weekend rather than the other way around, for the first round you will have time until the end of Sunday the 6th of September. I'm not going to give a specific time for the deadline, so make sure you have played your match by Monday.

Since we have 15 players, one player will get a bye in the first round, unfortunately.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

The Bracket is now set! Check the Challonge page for matchups!

If you schedule a game with your opponent and he doesn't show up, you can attempt a reschedule.
If he doesn't show up a second time after the reschedule, you win the match.

If by the end of the time limit, if you have proof you attempted to schedule your match and your opponent didn't reply you win the match.

In the unlikely even that two players aren't responding, I'll adjudicate as necessary.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Btw I've colated all the teams in the OP if you are wondering where they can be found.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
14 of the 16 legal promos (i.e. everyone except Borneo and Juto) have now been added to the TTS mod.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Alright, we have finished the first round of games!

Our new matchups are:
Krysmpheonix vs AMoose
Tekopo vs Fenn the Fool
Lemon-Lime vs TheCog
Andarel vs InfinityGaia
Baron Fuzzlewhack vs PMush Perfect

You have until Midnisht of September the 13th to get your games played!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I have conclusively proven that even the devs forget about Unkillable every now and then. That really is Cesar's secret superpower, isn't it?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Infinity Gaia posted:

I have conclusively proven that even the devs forget about Unkillable every now and then. That really is Cesar's secret superpower, isn't it?
If you wanna style on people, you need to die then hit them with level 4 protocol, it is known.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

All matches for this week have been completed, so we now have the matchups for next week!

Winner's Bracket:
AMoose vs Tekopo
TheCog vs Infity Gaia

Loser's Bracket:
Andarel vs Max
Lemon-Lime vs PMush Perfect
Fenn the Fool vs TheNabster
Krysmphoenix vs ZCount

You have until midnight on the 20th of September to finish your match!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

All matches were completed, so here are the new matchups scheduled for this week!

Loser's Bracket:
Andarel vs PMush Perfect
Fenn the Fool! vs ZCount

(Winner's Final doesn't really need to play until Losers round 3 and 4 are already done).

You have until midney on the 27th of September to finish your match!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Alright y'all we reached the final and our finalists are:

Tekopo vs Infinity Gaia

Not a Seth in sight!

I am planning to probably stream my side of the match if anyone is interested, this Saturday at 9 pm British Summer Time

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

For anyone not reading the Level 99 thread, the tournament is officially over with InfinityGaia winnin 2 - 1 in the final after 3 very close games!

I think I'll probably close this thread for the time being, but I want to continue having regular games, so I have a couple of ideas that I'll share in the Level 99 thread.

Anyway, thank you all for participating and that we managed to keep to the schedule!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

:toot:

I would like to dedicate my victory to the power of Cesar's Unkillable trait.