Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Hello GBS,

I am going to watch a movie and then return a review in the next 12-24 hours. The choices I offer will be from films I have already seen, and have on dvd. GBS votes randomly for a half hour at best, I watch the film and share my deep cinematography insights with you within the next day. How awesome is that? Also, feel free to blame Sid for this shitpile; he advocated more posting. I always reply to posts but have hardly ever started my own. So here we go, something new!

It's getting late so I need a handful of responses quickly.
Tonight's choices are Iron Man, V for Vendetta, or the Road Warrior.

I'm too stupid to make a poll so just respond quickly please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
It's Such a Beautiful Day (2012) dir. Don Hertzfeldt

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Watch the first act of V for Vendetta, the second act of Iron Man, and the third act of The Road Warrior and review as if it's the same movie.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

Arrhythmia posted:

It's Such a Beautiful Day (2012) dir. Don Hertzfeldt

My goon, I did not make this complex, I'm sure it is a worthy film but you hosed it up.... Maybe years from now?

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Watch the first act of V for Vendetta, the second act of Iron Man, and the third act of The Road Warrior and review as if it's the same movie.

This is worthy, will monitor for a bit and then get to work if there are no stronger suggestions.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Road Warrior

Young Mel and that car are HOT HOT :swoon:

this is before he became stupidly undoable idiot gross

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Internetjack posted:

My goon, I did not make this complex, I'm sure it is a worthy film but you hosed it up.... Maybe years from now?

This is worthy, will monitor for a bit and then get to work if there are no stronger suggestions.

gently caress you my film is better.

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

Watch Iron Man on mute with spanish subtitles

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Sexy Beast with Ben Kingsley and Ian MacShane

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

Spinz posted:

Road Warrior

Young Mel and that car are HOT HOT :swoon:

this is before he became stupidly undoable idiot gross

Voting is closed. Spinz wins the recommend.

You utter idiots that didn't ever read the basic rules It's Such a Beautiful Day (2012) dir. Don Hertzfeldt and Sexy Beast with Ben Kingsley and Ian MacShane I jotted that stuff down. I have no real streaming, so its all about dvd shuffle.

Got the note pad out, ready to to some serious study of The Road Warrior. Stay tuned!

Edit: also my spanish isn't horrible so that is a good consideration too.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
bad boy bubby

Milkshake Stranger
Feb 8, 2010

Isaac posted:

bad boy bubby

Definitely this

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
watch the lighthouse, you coward

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Isaac posted:

bad boy bubby

Gummo

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Mmmmm that car
There is a famous scene, he's standing by it, gonna eat dog food in black leather and you just want to be 25 again in your boyfriend's mopar and he's playing Soundgarden too loudly and slapshifting the gears with his feet with his hand on your thigh and it doesn't matter where he's driving to

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Reanimator

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

e: or Run Lola Run

Oldstench fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 21, 2020

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

If anything just for the scenes of an old salty Willem Dafoe brapping.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Also, watch Josie and the Pussycats (2001)

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Hudson Hawk.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Don't watch Bad Boy Bubby it's too sad :(

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Aguirre, the Wrath of God

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
Ok, so here it goes; The Road Warrior. Directed by George Miller.

Of course, the only character of consideration in the film is Feral Kid. Emil Minty is the actor. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emil_Minty
His boomerang technique is superb; murdering heads and slicing off finger tips.

Gyro-Captain Bruce Spence is awesome too. Uses deadly snakes to safe-guard his roto-coptor to good effect. Just a weird odd-ball that adds to the plotline.

Mick Jagger and friends seem to have an un-ending supply of football pads, arrows, and scarfs. Makes for some fun costuming I guess.

The opening monologue of the film, is I assume, done by Feral Kid at an older age and later date. It's not bad for ragging on how horrible humans are to one another and what can become of us if we are horrible to one another.

There are plenty of wonderful unique touches to the film. The dog holding the trigger in its teeth to the shotgun pointed at gyro-captain. Gyro-captains yellow teeth are a disgusting touch too. And his begging for the leftovers of the dog food, after Max and dog have had their fill is a nice touch. Mel swapping his binocs for gyro-captains telescopte. Every shot of the dog is top notch and well done.

I think I need to double check this, because I think this is the first film that stated "the ayatollah of rockin-rolla" I would have sworn that was from heartbreak hill or whatever Clint Eastwood/Mario Van Peebles film it was, but nope, apparently Road Warrior collects that accolade.

Mel is not bad at all. Decent haircut, and 2 day old shave with leathers has him looking sexy as all get out.

The bad guys waste a lot of fuel, which is odd considering that is their main goal in life, to get fuel.

The final deception revealed at the end of the film is just brilliant and really ties the whole story together.

Last of the V8 Interceptors; that's really what its about in the end.

Anyways that is my stupid film review! Hope you enjoyed, will take all recommendations into consideration; assuming I don't get banned.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

Oldstench posted:

e: or Run Lola Run

I love this stupid movie and have not watched it in years. Next up?

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Spinz posted:

Mmmmm that car
There is a famous scene, he's standing by it, gonna eat dog food in black leather and you just want to be 25 again in your boyfriend's mopar and he's playing Soundgarden too loudly and slapshifting the gears with his feet with his hand on your thigh and it doesn't matter where he's driving to

???

i use this gif a lot

also 'Mad Max' (1) is the best.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Return of the Living Dead.
Enjoy your new favorite movie!

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
also if you're the pensive type, watch 'Levity'.

if you're not, don't bother.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

watch a book op

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
Watch the bunny ears movie about feeding glass to cats and selling them to a chinese food restaurant to buy glue to huff already also there is bathtub spaghetti and a Madonna song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkIcnqL-duw

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Did the OP report back

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Strumpie posted:

also if you're the pensive type, watch 'Levity'.

if you're not, don't bother.

My favorite musician in the world scored this movie and I've yet to watch it but I love his score

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Sid Vicious posted:

My favorite musician in the world scored this movie and I've yet to watch it but I love his score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ntPxovXx-U

it's a very 'A Man Called E' film

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

Isaac posted:

Did the OP report back

My goon, like a few posts above. I make no claims to writing excellence, but I did provide the review. And I plan threaten to do another within a week.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

I'm pretty sure I watched most of this while tripping hard on acid in my college dorm, and did not care for the experience. I think that makes it worth revisiting. Not on acid though. Probably just drink a few beers if it gets chosen.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
The Ninth Configuration (1980)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ninth_Configuration

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'm bored so I'm going to hijack this thread for a movie recommendation. Something on Australian netflix. I will give a review in the form a limerick.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Kontroll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

I can find a version with subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgioCxZauNw

There once was a train cop named Bulscu
I got bored of this movie half way through