Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i havent had an alcohol in over 2 months and i lost a buncha weight :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I do miss drinking and smoking. Being sober just made my depression worse

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

TheAardvark posted:

yeah that or blackface are the only things i can think of

Which one of these two is it? Spin we need to know!

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Katamari Democracy posted:

I do miss drinking and smoking. Being sober just made my depression worse

I get it. I relate to you about depression. I struggle with it and work hard. I try to find a good process for myself. I believe the recovery process is different for everyone but i try to push myself a little everyday to do something that makes me happy. Making others happy, writing, reading, exercising, and posting helps me. I have your back buddy. Keep up what you are doing. It is hard, but you are definitely not alone, and I know you will defeat it. And you are doing something really positive for yourself. Just remember it is a process.

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
Oh yeah I also finally put some new patches on my vest that have been sitting around, waiting to join the vest since March. Sure I hardly leave my house now and I don't have any shows to go to, but at least there aren't a bunch of lonely looking patches hanging around anymore.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Evil Bob posted:

Oh yeah I also finally put some new patches on my vest that have been sitting around, waiting to join the vest since March. Sure I hardly leave my house now and I don't have any shows to go to, but at least there aren't a bunch of lonely looking patches hanging around anymore.

You've been really productive. Dude, electrical work is not easy, too, by the way.

Got pictures of the patches?

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

I miss drinking and smoking too Katamari, it was an ingrained part of my identity for over a decade and it is bizarre not having that part of me anymore. Things will hopefully get better for you, i'm grateful i did a bunch of work in therapy the last couple of years so i dont have to deal with additional depression and other assorted mental issues along side this. I cant even imagine the struggle of dealing with all of it at once.

Theres already a "do i drink too much" thread in E/N, maybe there should be a separate sobriety thread? I'll think about it after work and post one if someone doesn't beat me too it. Sounds like theres more of us than i though who stopped drinking/etc recently

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Been sitting on vested stock I sold like ages ago to prepare against a recession I guess is never gonna come. Finally started dipping my toes into nakes puts and calls, and I'm already very proud of my unearned confidence.

Can't wait to lose it all, honestly. I'd be proud of that. Alternatively, I capitalize on the suffering of others with a long put. I'd be pretty proud of that too.

Ah, pride. Can never have too much of it!

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

RepeatingMeme posted:

I miss drinking and smoking too Katamari, it was an ingrained part of my identity for over a decade and it is bizarre not having that part of me anymore. Things will hopefully get better for you, i'm grateful i did a bunch of work in therapy the last couple of years so i dont have to deal with additional depression and other assorted mental issues along side this. I cant even imagine the struggle of dealing with all of it at once.

Theres already a "do i drink too much" thread in E/N, maybe there should be a separate sobriety thread? I'll think about it after work and post one if someone doesn't beat me too it. Sounds like theres more of us than i though who stopped drinking/etc recently

Thanks for sharing. I have to cut back a bit myself. I don't mind if this becomes a thread about people sharing their continuing sobriety/dieting and exercising stories among other things. It is definitely something to be proud of and quite a journey. I wish you all well!

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

Star Me Kitten posted:

You've been really productive. Dude, electrical work is not easy, too, by the way.

Got pictures of the patches?

Digging the trench was a pain for sure, my back did not forgive me for a few days. Then pulling the romex cable through was also a pain in the rear end, the fish tape came off the cable right as i pulled it through the gang box. I was moments away from having to start all over again :sweatdrop: But now i've gone from zero electrical outlets outside to 4 outlets outside. I'm living pretty high on the hog rn.

There's a few others I have planned to go on this vest, but hey you can only expect me to do so much in 5 months time.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

By popular demand posted:

Just let loose a huge fart.
:grin:

i was thinking about posting this but decided to be the better man

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i ate the whole grinder

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

There is no way this is true because we would have totally slept together by now.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
You know what I'm talking about.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Evil Bob posted:

Digging the trench was a pain for sure, my back did not forgive me for a few days. Then pulling the romex cable through was also a pain in the rear end, the fish tape came off the cable right as i pulled it through the gang box. I was moments away from having to start all over again :sweatdrop: But now i've gone from zero electrical outlets outside to 4 outlets outside. I'm living pretty high on the hog rn.

There's a few others I have planned to go on this vest, but hey you can only expect me to do so much in 5 months time.

That jacket looks awesome man. Good work. Who did the patches?

drat that is a lot of electrical work. I know from experience that poo poo is not something anyone could just do.

You should be proud, mate. :)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Almost 300km on the exercise bike since last Wednesday or about 30km a day.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Spinz posted:

We get kinda crazy here in the Gibbus once in a while

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Almost 300km on the exercise bike since last Wednesday or about 30km a day.

hell yeah! What kind of bike do you have?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Am I allowed to be proud of my kid in this thread? He's just really nice to other kids and though a total painus in my anus is actually a genuinely great little person to be around and it just makes me proud of him.

Now back to shitposting...

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Star Me Kitten posted:

hell yeah! What kind of bike do you have?

lol it's an exercise bike I got so I don't get fat during the plague (also getting fatter during a plague has to be some kind of historic anomaly). It's a York!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I'm proud of my posts. They bring joy to the public.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Literally A Person posted:

Am I allowed to be proud of my kid in this thread? He's just really nice to other kids and though a total painus in my anus is actually a genuinely great little person to be around and it just makes me proud of him.

Aww, guess the apple doesnt fall far from the tree

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Hosted my parents for the first time.

Didn't have to kick a roommate out to do so.
Didn't need to share a bathroom or do laundry at the laundromat.

Adulting is change.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Moved my youngest son (middle kid of three) to college last weekend. He’s amazing.

Two weeks ago replaced the storm door on my house. It’s been bent and unlatchable since we bought the house. in 2002

piratescurvy
Jun 28, 2008
I went camping last night. A raccoon stole my pistachios and I chased the cute little jerk down, and won. Got my nuts back. I left a fistful for him, A for effort.

ROLEX VISION
Oct 3, 2014

dreams money can buy
proud of my weight

piratescurvy
Jun 28, 2008

Literally A Person posted:

As a The Gays, I'll never have kids, but my best buddy does... and they're awesome (kids and parents). You're awesome for loving your kids and I wish more parents did. You, my friend, are somethingawesome. In 2020, the world needs more of you.

piratescurvy
Jun 28, 2008

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Moved my youngest son (middle kid of three) to college last weekend. He’s amazing.

Two weeks ago replaced the storm door on my house. It’s been bent and unlatchable since we bought the house. in 2002

You're pretty rad too. My parents couldn't afford college (and I ran away) it is sincerely heartwarming to see proud parents who care. Ì wish your kid the best in weird times. Cool storm door, lots of home repairs i wanna do, but i get messed up in heat....not this summer.

Point is, you seem great, and nice.

Edit: nevermind mods, android app issues

piratescurvy fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Aug 22, 2020

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm proud that my minor UTI is going away cuz I got a large dinger that loves to get nasty on me.

I finished the first season of Star Trek TNG, my favorite episode is where the brain aliens go nuts and one guy's head explodes.

My novel I've been writing for a decade has had two pages added on and I've edited more of the earlier poo poo that wasn't as decently written.

My singing voice is still bomb.

I've started reading more after not really reading much in the past month because I was playing too much Dishonored.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Pride is a sin, and as a good Christian man I flagellate myself any time I feel it.

piratescurvy
Jun 28, 2008
My mom may have covid. I'm proud of being the only of her 3 sons to give a poo poo. May have to emergency care for her this week 3 states away... proud i care and job is cool with my needs.

Happier: I've wanted a waacom tablet since forever. Tòo much sad in life, treated myself. Just got a new ipad and pencil
..... not advertising but it's amazing and a gift to me from me. I love it.

I'll add to the drawing thread (i suck) when comfortable with software.

piratescurvy
Jun 28, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Pride is a sin, and as a good Christian man I flagellate myself any time I feel it.

Same... if by Christian you mean heathen, and flagellate is something naughty 😜

piratescurvy fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 22, 2020

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

piratescurvy posted:

My mom may have covid. I'm proud of being the only of her 3 sons to give a poo poo. May have to emergency care for her this week 3 states away... proud i care and job is cool with my needs.

Happier: I've wanted a waacom tablet since forever. Tòo much sad in life, treated myself. Just got a new ipad and pencil
..... not advertising but it's amazing and a gift to me from me. I love it.

I'll add to the drawing thread (i suck) when comfortable with software.

Good luck with your mom!

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Funky See Funky Do posted:

lol it's an exercise bike I got so I don't get fat during the plague (also getting fatter during a plague has to be some kind of historic anomaly). It's a York!

Haha. I was just wondering because i've had my eye on those pelotons myself.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I'm gonna be grossly saccharine again:

I'm also proud of my wife. She's always been driven and has made so many things turn out her way by plugging away. Never got discouraged working lovely jobs trying to get permanent work. Always tried and continues to be a team focused person who truly enjoys watching others succeed and never rubs her successes in anyone's face. We've lived in extreme poverty together and now we live in plenty and she's always kept a positive and good-natured attitude. She's just really cool and pragmatic and smart. I'm really proud to be legally connected to this person

Okay, sorry. Got it out of my system.

piratescurvy
Jun 28, 2008

Spinz posted:

Good luck with your mom!

Thanks. Silly GBS, but appreciare it. Kinda having a meltdown but " it is what it is"

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Sending my kid to school already knowing how to read and write, making him frustrated as gently caress all through first grade

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Pride is a sin op you shouldn't be proud of it

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Colonel Cancer posted:

Pride is a sin op you shouldn't be proud of it

Oh no. I'm damned to hell for sure now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer