Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Why do people just give me things? Do I have that kind of face? Is it pheromones? The guy I bought my table saw from just sent me an e-mail. HE'S GIVING ME A FREE loving SCROLL SAW!!!*@*!!! OH AND AN ENTIRE DISASSEMBLED ONE TOO!!!!$9!!!! Why? No idea. Maybe he thinks I'm cute. I don't really give a poo poo. I am now feeling like this is just happening too much for it to be random coincidence. I am loving falling rear end backward into free poo poo and I don't know what I did, cosmically, to deserve it. Someone come and touch my hand for good luck. I might be blessed or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

just like the prophecy has foretold... you are the chosen one

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

just like the prophecy has foretold... you are the chosen one

I loving KNEW IT!!! TAKE THAT EVERYONE I HATED IN HIGH SCHOOL!!!!

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Maybe you were not Ghengis Khan in a previous life, and you just did some cool poo poo and helped people out, and now in this life you are reaping positive karma stuff.

I warn thee though, be wary of gifted tools. An ancient lathe, would destroy my garage, a gifted scroll saw will only break blades and not saw a thing, a sanding table that would not track and rip the papers apart... Perhaps it is me though, I may have been the Ghengis Khan in a previous life.

Grats on the free tools though, that is always fun to play with new toys.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
Sounds like he's trying to unload a bunch of DNA-contaminated evidence upon you. You might even get a free deep freezer before it's all said and done.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Internetjack posted:

Maybe you were not Ghengis Khan in a previous life, and you just did some cool poo poo and helped people out, and now in this life you are reaping positive karma stuff.

I warn thee though, be wary of gifted tools. An ancient lathe, would destroy my garage, a gifted scroll saw will only break blades and not saw a thing, a sanding table that would not track and rip the papers apart... Perhaps it is me though, I may have been the Ghengis Khan in a previous life.

Grats on the free tools though, that is always fun to play with new toys.

This jives with the many past life regressions I have paid for. I am freakin' jazzed out of my mind to play with this cool rear end tool. It's loving vintage too which just makes me drat salivate.

GRECOROMANGRABASS posted:

Sounds like he's trying to unload a bunch of DNA-contaminated evidence upon you. You might even get a free deep freezer before it's all said and done.

What are the odds I could get a good pair of shoulder height chemical gloves from this guy????

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Are you still using the danger mill?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
can finally cut all those scrolls you have lyin around. maybe put together a proper tome to learn the spells permanently

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

therobit posted:

Are you still using the danger mill?

I haven't in a while. I'm flush in project wood right now so I just haven't had a reason. I need someone from the south of me to bring me a shed limb of myrtle really really badly. I have the tiniest bit and I loving love it and desperately want more.

gary oldmans diary posted:

can finally cut all those scrolls you have lyin around. maybe put together a proper tome to learn the spells permanently

I'll finally have a way to deal with all this papyrus.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

This is the big day. In EXACTLY 3 hours I will be in possession of one FREE assembled scroll saw and one FREE disassembled scroll saw. THIS IS IT PEOPLE.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Did they give it to you point first? Because I think I can empathize with that

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

You don't even have points in spell creation, this will be useless

Sell it for some "pipe weed"

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

It's the face, really.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Bronze Fonz posted:

It's the face, really.

I am pretty.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I think they saw right thru you

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Colonel Cancer posted:

I think they saw right thru you

:vince:

But seriously always wear protective gear.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Did you get the saw yet OP? We want to see some sexy pics of it!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Y'all are just waiting to split your sides laughing at OP. Just ready to unleash all of your cutting criticisms.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Literally A Person posted:

Why do people just give me things? Do I have that kind of face? Is it pheromones? The guy I bought my table saw from just sent me an e-mail. HE'S GIVING ME A FREE loving SCROLL SAW!!!*@*!!! OH AND AN ENTIRE DISASSEMBLED ONE TOO!!!!$9!!!! Why? No idea. Maybe he thinks I'm cute. I don't really give a poo poo. I am now feeling like this is just happening too much for it to be random coincidence. I am loving falling rear end backward into free poo poo and I don't know what I did, cosmically, to deserve it. Someone come and touch my hand for good luck. I might be blessed or something.

If I but lol at his empty quote I mayst be healed

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Michael Corleone posted:

Did you get the saw yet OP? We want to see some sexy pics of it!

Leaving my house in a half hour then 45 minute drive there, probably bullshit for a few, 45 back then I will post the most sensual of scroll saw pictures. You'll be pullin' at your collar, Mikey.

Spinz posted:

If I but lol at his empty quote I mayst be healed

*quietly speaks latin*

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3atB76oL7yk

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

He SAW your posts and couldn't SCROLL past them fast enough and frankly I don't blame him for doing anything in his power to automate that process

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
let me be honest with you op, regarding scroll saws, well I SAW your post and i decided to SCROLL on past. how does that grab you

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

He SAW your posts and couldn't SCROLL past them fast enough and frankly I don't blame him for doing anything in his power to automate that process

gently caress

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

I have recieved the free scroll saw. Behold:

Here's the "ready to go" one. It's a 1955 Dunlap

Here is the one that's ready to be restored, also came with the original motor. Placards are all worn so until I find something stamped in the metal we don't know what it is beside some Craftsman model from some time

Guy also gave me A loving VICE THAT I HAVE NEEDED FOREVER BUT THEY ARE LIKE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS!!!!

Let us rejoice.

iamjohnsalt
Dec 6, 2017

What do you use scroll saws on?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

iamjohnsalt posted:

Me? Wood. But since they use coping saw blades you can, very carefully, cut metal with them too.

Literally A Person fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 22, 2020

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I rejoice in the bounty of our Lord. Verily you are the Lord of Posts and praise be unto the one true Lord Mod also.
:amen:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Spinz posted:

I rejoice in the bounty of our Lord. Verily you are the Lord of Posts and praise be unto the one true Lord Mod also.
:amen:

That amen smilie is the height of just-too-muchery. I love it.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I am rejoicing op :woop:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

I found a pdf of the user manual for the Dunlap. I'm supposed to fill the crankcase with auto oil. I mean, I know the thing is nearing 70 years old but this is some extremely old-school poo poo right here.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

iamjohnsalt posted:

you can cut intricate/delicate curves and curly looking designs

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Nice pics OP so sexy, but show me the size of the blade that goes on there, I think my dad has like 5 of these and iirc correctly the little blade that goes on it wouldn't cut anything well, but i have no clue about anything.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

iamjohnsalt posted:

Scrolls duh. It's an absolutely integral tool for any scribe

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Michael Corleone posted:

Nice pics OP so sexy, but show me the size of the blade that goes on there, I think my dad has like 5 of these and iirc correctly the little blade that goes on it wouldn't cut anything well, but i have no clue about anything.

It takes a 6" coping saw blade. I mean, they're tiny but I've used many to cut silly shapes and never had a terrible problem with blade distortion. Granted I was using a hand-tool.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

It takes a 6" coping saw blade. I mean, they're tiny but I've used many to cut silly shapes and never had a terrible problem with blade distortion. Granted I was using a hand-tool.

Cool yeah, that is what I thought they were, best of luck! Might get one of my dads and try to do some cool poo poo too. Plus like the go up and down real quick so that helps too. Like would you cut a 2x4 on there or is it for smaller sizes?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Michael Corleone posted:

Cool yeah, that is what I thought they were, best of luck! Might get one of my dads and try to do some cool poo poo too. Plus like the go up and down real quick so that helps too. Like would you cut a 2x4 on there or is it for smaller sizes?

This saw has about a 4" throat but, no, it wouldn't be my first choice for such a job. It could but that is in the realm of miter saws and table saws. Mostly it'll get used to cut down my hobby boards into stuff that's small enough for me to work into jewelry. Also cutting out some more exotic forms for silly projects.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

I haven't in a while. I'm flush in project wood right now so I just haven't had a reason. I need someone from the south of me to bring me a shed limb of myrtle really really badly. I have the tiniest bit and I loving love it and desperately want more.

crape myrtle, or is that a different thing? GIS is of limited help here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Empty Sandwich posted:

crape myrtle, or is that a different thing? GIS is of limited help here

Oregon myrtle. It's endemic to a part of the oregon dunes 30 or so miles south of me.